3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PinbotBadge (resized).jpg
    OCbadge (resized).jpg
    FPbadge (resized).jpg
    IMG_0814 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0803 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0786 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0784 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0783 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0778 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0768 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0755 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0754 (resized).JPG
    AF10 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0817 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0801 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 2 years ago

A buddy of mine could be bringing an Interflip Dragon EM. If he does, it will be for sale.

#52 2 years ago

I've played in the papa tourney at LAX the last four years. There's never been any pre-reg. Just show up and register and buy your entries. Unless they change, it's always been 3/$10. Those can be used in the Main or Classics, or both, anyway you choose. And it is definitely a circuit event. The very first event on the 2017 circuit!

BTW, of course you have to pay for your entry into the show to play in the tourney. I highly recommend getting the weekend pass in advance to save a few bucks.

http://arcaderx.com/registration

#65 2 years ago

Just an FYI about the hotel. I've stayed there 4 years running and it's really not good. The walls and doors are paper thin. Couple that with the very long hallways and you get constant walking traffic and noise outside your room. I rarely get enough sleep when I stay there. Not trying to be negative, just telling it like it is. This year we are staying at the Louisville Marriott East which is only about 2-3 blocks away. Best rate I could find was 127/night and I think it will be worth it.

#68 2 years ago

Yeah, if your lucky enough to get a room in the back, we call it the tower of power, LOL. It's actually pretty quiet and there is an extra floor that the rest of the hotel doesn't have. I've only been lucky enough to get one of those rooms once.

#90 2 years ago

A little birdie told me they Pricelined the Ramada for $42/night.....

1 week later
    #125 2 years ago

Awesome news! I will have to bring my book to get signed.

1 month later
    #216 2 years ago

Hey, can anyone local give a guess as to how far of a walk it is from the Marriott to the show? Thanks.

#224 2 years ago

I think you're talking about the Ramada.

#253 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaterminator:

I have an Interflip Dragon for sale I can deliver to the show. Overall, it is in excellent condition. PM if you would like to see pictures or a video.

I've played this Dragon and it's really nice. Plays great. Can be delivered to the show. BAO!

#351 2 years ago
    Quoted from mizary:

Anyone have a link to the final standings? I know the final 4 in mains were the Rosas and Trent and ?, and I know that Trent won. I know they will eventually show up on ifpa site. But I am also curious about the payouts. There was some finals info on https://www.pbchallenge.net/lax/ but the site doesn't seem to be working now. And the YAPSS app only has qualifying info.
    I know 9-16 in Classics finals got $100. And 5-8 in B division got $50.
    What did Trent get for winning? I wonder how much money they took in. Wish you could see voided entries like in the INDISC system. But overall the YAPSS app and system worked great - no issues at all.
    Was a great show. This was the biggest tourney I'd ever played in. I loved the Classics - I'd never played in a Classics tourney before. The main bank chewed me up. Especially that TWD machine. I regret giving up on it. Wish I'd bought at least 3 more entries just so I could have had another chance at that game. I played it 4 times and got 11m 5m 5m and 18m. Had Prison MB lit on TWO of those attempts, once even on ball two and failed to start it. heh. Only had one well walker MB which is how I got my 18m. I am fine with doing poorly on games like Atlantis which I didn't know at all. But TWD? I know I can crush that game.
    And finally thanks to everyone that helped make this tourney happen. The PAPA guys, the score keepers, techs, etc. The show ran smooth as silk and everyone I can in contact with was super nice and helpful. This was the most fun 4 days of pinball in my life. Let's see if pinburgh can top it!

Finals brackets are at the link above. Click results, then finals, then the second "Main A" (the first one is no good). They did not/have not put in any data from the final 4 match. The new software worked well but was a bit hard to navigate through. I was told it was PAPA's proprietary software and this was it's first time being used. A div finishing order was Trent, Rosa Sr., Myself(Chris Warren), Rosa Jr. I don't know the other prizes but 3rd place was $500.

That TWD had zero ball saver and an extremely tight tilt. No wonder scores were so low. I had a 30M score that was like 9th after the first day of qualifying. I eventually got 88M, a score that seems laughable until you realize it was 13th best for the whole weekend of qualifying. They slightly loosened the tilt just before the first round of finals on Saturday night. Players were still giving warnings to the following players.

2 weeks later
    #368 2 years ago

I was playing Dragon and saw a guy behind me. Offered to play 2 player game with him. He said OK. So I put two games up, played my first ball, then he played his first ball. I played my 2nd ball, the he proceeded to play 3 or 4 balls in a row. Just didn't get the concept....

1 year later
    #371 11 months ago

Anyone know the status of the tournament. I read that the LAX tourney was no longer on the Stern Pro Circuit. Will there even be a tourney?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 289.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Magazines/books
    The Flipper Room
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside