(Topic ID: 175098)

Louisville Arcade Expo (March 3-5 2017)

By LouMatt

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinbotBadge (resized).jpg
    OCbadge (resized).jpg
    FPbadge (resized).jpg
    IMG_0814 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0803 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0786 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0784 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0783 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0778 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0768 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0755 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0754 (resized).JPG
    AF10 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0817 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0801 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider futurepinhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

Woo Hoo!
    Here we go again. Can't wait to see you all there!

#3 7 years ago

Is it too early to discuss what everyone is bringing? I have a few more options on pinball from what I had last year. But I need to leave some at the arcade as to not upset the customers. I might bring Hook since I've never seen that one at Expo. But I have a 5v issue at the display and it resets the DMD every now and then so I will need to get that sorted out first.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I'm bringing my custom Defender pin with a twist. Should be next to my vendor tables for the 2017 show.

Looking forward to that and catching up with you.

#7 7 years ago

My current games are
    Big Guns
    Hook
    Getaway
    TMNT
    EATPM
    Space Shuttle
    Genesis
    I've never seen a TMNT or a Hook there that I can recall.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Reserved room tonight,looking forward to meeting some local collectors

About time you support your local show. I'm tired of having to list every game that's there while you are on the phone.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please bring big guns. Love that game.

I should be able to do that. It's at a Bowling alley now but I have faith it will hold up.

Quoted from Hougie:

I'll be there with a couple of games again.

And I'll watch them again if you have to take off. I promise no extensive repairs after I've been drinking.

3 weeks later
    #35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Were you the guy that had the new in box Genesis last year? Beautiful game!

I wish! Genesis is believe it or not a grail for me. I looked for years and finally got one 2 months ago. I have been fixing it up and still very few signs of life. Soon though!

#53 7 years ago

Booked the hotel room. You early birds were making me nervous

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I guess we have proven here that Wyndham/Ramada has the same Quality Control procedures in place as some of our fine pinball manufacturers!!

And I should have probably mentioned in my first post that I already had a Wyndham Rewards account #, so they pulled up my info and booked. Might have explained the differences in our experience. Oh well... see everyone in Louisville!!

I've stayed in that hotel 7 times or so. They usually pull me right up and makes it a breeze to book, but I guess they lost my info or maybe a new system? Not sure. The girl was very new but she was nice, just very nervous.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just an FYI about the hotel. I've stayed there 4 years running and it's really not good. The walls and doors are paper thin. Couple that with the very long hallways and you get constant walking traffic and noise outside your room. I rarely get enough sleep when I stay there. Not trying to be negative, just telling it like it is. This year we are staying at the Louisville Marriott East which is only about 2-3 blocks away. Best rate I could find was 127/night and I think it will be worth it.

I never really have trouble sleeping but I credit that from going to bed at 2 am with a booze coma.

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

I kinda liked being by the pool with the gazebo..hung out and played guitar till 4 in the morning on it and watched Billy Mitchell party across the way last year!..where's you thumbs up Billy pic chuckwurt

Hahah, that was crazy when Billy Mitchell walked into that party. I got to play a few games against him and it was a humbling experience.

#72 7 years ago

I'm 83% positive I took that photo.

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You should bring back that ice cold beer. I couldn't stop playing it.

I fully intend to. I've got it on route right now. I need to go get it this month and get it all cleaned and waxed and put some oil on the rails. I miss having it in my kitchen and the quarters have slowed down in it so it's time to bring her home for a bit.

#76 7 years ago

I noticed I never got my confirmation email so I called last night to make sure my reservations were in. I was on hold for an exceptional amount of time then they said they had my reservations for different dates. So I had them change them to the correct dates. I asked her to please send me the email with the needed info so I could double check it and have my confirmation number. She said of course and again I never got it.

I always expect less than perfect customer service with them after years of staying there but they seem to be having a really rough time this year. I'm assuming they have a new system and have no idea how to use it yet. I'm not going to call them again, but hopefully I truly am booked and booked on the correct day. If not, I am sleeping under a pinball in the convention hall.

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think they have new people too. I was on hold for a long time after I could hear a manager in the ear of the person helping me walk them through setting up a reservation.

I might have to sleep in your bathtub or vise versa.

#83 7 years ago

Gryszzz I plan on meeting you this year. Chances are we've met already, just never introduced ourselves.

#89 7 years ago

Very cool Matt. Should be an excellent show

1 week later
    #130 7 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I didn't take time to read thru post,is there a list of pinball machines and
    Speakers coming to show?

Rick, you lazy turd. I'll call you.

1 week later
    #145 7 years ago

That is sneaking up quickly! What to bring what to bring

#150 7 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Definate contender, also F2K full restoration with new pf.

Please bring your White Water. I'm having withdrawals since I've sold mine.

3 weeks later
    #195 7 years ago

I'm shopping out my TMNT pinball now. There is nothing on the playfield and going to try one of those playfield protectors. She won't be the prettiest one in the lineup but hopefully she runs good all weekend.

#230 7 years ago

All cleaned up and playfield protector down. I was even able to clean up the bad spot by the ramps. I need to rebuild the flippers and find that stupid pizza decal I laid down somewhere

Edit: I was zooming in on the bad spot by the ramps. Not April haha.

20170226_191529 (resized).jpg20170226_191529 (resized).jpg
    20170226_184833 (resized).jpg20170226_184833 (resized).jpg
    20170226_184821 (resized).jpg20170226_184821 (resized).jpg
    20170226_184811 (resized).jpg20170226_184811 (resized).jpg

Photo Collage Maker_nyBJvF (resized).pngPhoto Collage Maker_nyBJvF (resized).png

#236 7 years ago

Thank you for reminding me. I am needing a System 80b lockdown bar for my Genesis if anyone has one.

#247 7 years ago

I have a friend looking for an empty 4 Player Konami cabinet. Anyone have one?

#252 7 years ago

Ugh I hate this, TMNT is popping fuses now. Buying some transistors tomorrow. Fingers crossed

#256 7 years ago
    Quoted from t8tony8t:

Got her ready for the show.

Did you have a fog machine on when you took those photos or did you forget to clean your lens?

#262 7 years ago

Tmnt has to stay home. The power supply is on it's way out. Sorry guys

#265 7 years ago

We fixed the transistor that was causing the fuse to blow, we narrowed the cause down to the power coming from the Power supply. When I pulled the PS out to rebuild it, it was black on the back side. I had enough parts to rebuild most of it, but I was missing all the cement resistors. I had the game on less than 5 mins and it was so hot, we couldn't remove it without getting burned. It's too much of a liability to take in its current state.
    But I'll have Hook pinball and Big Guns.

#318 7 years ago

Awesome show. I had a great time. My Hook went down with a switch matrix issue, but other than a loose wire, Big Guns held on with the best of them and ended up going to its new home.

I got a call on my way home that I won a Gorgar pinball in a raffle with a CPR backglass!!

An absolute huge thank you to Matt and Jeremy and everyone else who runs the show.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider futurepinhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-3-5-2017?tu=futurepinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.