(Topic ID: 175098)

Louisville Arcade Expo (March 3-5 2017)

By LouMatt

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinbotBadge (resized).jpg
    OCbadge (resized).jpg
    FPbadge (resized).jpg
    IMG_0814 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0803 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0786 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0784 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0783 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0778 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0768 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0755 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0754 (resized).JPG
    AF10 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0817 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0801 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

My current games are
    Big Guns
    Hook
    Getaway
    TMNT
    EATPM
    Space Shuttle
    Genesis
    I've never seen a TMNT or a Hook there that I can recall.

Please bring big guns. Love that game.

#15 7 years ago

I will have to play it by ear for bringing a game or games as always, but I'm definitely coming.

Can't wait!!

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I'm bringing my custom Defender pin with a twist. Should be next to my vendor tables for the 2017 show.

Will it have legs or will it be on the cart still? Haha.

1 week later
    #22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I didn't see a group rate on the website. Surely there must be some discounted rate available. Any information about this?

The rate should be 79 bucks. And don't call him Shirley.

1 week later
    #26 7 years ago

Hotel booked. Still deciding on what game to bring, so I might check out the game lineup once it gets closer and bring something that won't be a duplicate. WCS or GOT Pro is what I'm thinking right now.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Sorry about that, that is why we usually just tell people to call. Although calling didn't work for Scott. I think there site is intermittent and it is impossible to get the hotel to straighten it out.

I just called and they were apprehensive about giving me the discount asking if I was part of the show or just attending. Told them I was bringing a game and they were fine with that and gave me the discount.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'll try calling again today - gotta go set up a BM66 LE first...

Please have it for league!!!

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Any news on the PAPA tourney? Would like to register for that before booking the room. Thanks!

It's herb format. No limit on number of participants. I wouldn't worry about it.

#51 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

chuckwurt a few posts above implies we just show up. Says there's no cap on registration.
    And I, for one, trust anyone who uses a pic from Fletch as his avatar.

Haha. I would stay tuned in case they switch the format, but if it's a circuit event again, no way they do something other than unlimited qualifying best game format like in the past.

#67 7 years ago

I never really have trouble sleeping but I credit that from going to bed at 2 am with a booze coma.

Yeah this all the way. I love the crappy hotel. Makes me want to party more for some reason. And the long hallways are no joke. Hope you get a room towards the back of the hotel.

#71 7 years ago

Here's my Billy Mitchell story:

Hanging out at an after party Billy Mitchell shows up. I was waiting to talk to him as he watched someone try and fix a popeye arcade that had a problem with an inverted screen. As Billy waited he turns to me and says, "this guy's saying the issue is just dip switches. What a dip shit". Hahahaha. What a jerk. I swiftly got a pic with him immediately afterwards.

IMG_3903 (resized).JPGIMG_3903 (resized).JPG

#73 7 years ago

I'm 83% positive I took that photo.

You should bring back that ice cold beer. I couldn't stop playing it.

#79 7 years ago

I noticed I never got my confirmation email so I called last night to make sure my reservations were in. I was on hold for an exceptional amount of time then they said they had my reservations for different dates. So I had them change them to the correct dates. I asked her to please send me the email with the needed info so I could double check it and have my confirmation number. She said of course and again I never got it.
    I always expect less than perfect customer service with them after years of staying there but they seem to be having a really rough time this year. I'm assuming they have a new system and have no idea how to use it yet. I'm not going to call them again, but hopefully I truly am booked and booked on the correct day. If not, I am sleeping under a pinball in the convention hall.

I think they have new people too. I was on hold for a long time after I could hear a manager in the ear of the person helping me walk them through setting up a reservation.

#81 7 years ago

I might have to sleep in your bathtub or vise versa.

I'll bring extra air mattresses just in case. Whomever gets a room might have some extra guests last minute. Haha

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

I'm bringing a nice Baby-Pac to sell or trade. I just can't do any good at that game.

Whether you sell it or take it back home I'll give you a score to shoot for. Haha

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

A little birdie told me they Pricelined the Ramada for $42/night.....

Check Hotwire too. My buddy gambled and won. Got the ramada for like 45 a night.

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Yes Erik, I'm well aware of your prowess on Baby-Pac! But seriously, those damn ghosts can predict where I'm going! Sheeeesh! If you teach me to play it though I'll probably haul it back home.
    -Steve

Yeah man. I can definitely show you some easy things that might help rekindle your liking for it.

1 week later
    #134 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

So help me out here please as this is my first Louisville Expo - will there be a pinball tournament?

Yep. It's a PAPA circuit event and is pump and dump. There will be modern and classics divisions. 3 plays for 10 bucks.

That's how it's been in the past.

#137 7 years ago

Pump and dump is also called HERB or best game qualifying.

Best Game Qualifying:

Best Game Qualifying, also known among some tournament directors as the “Herb” format, is one of the most common qualifying formats in competitive pinball. The tournament begins with a preselected number of games designated as the tournament bank. The players are encouraged to purchase tickets, where each ticket represents a single game that can be played on any of the tournament machines. A competitor may play each game one after the other or repeat the same game until he or she achieves the desired score.

At the end of the qualifying period, only a player’s highest score on each pinball machine is counted toward his or her qualifying ranking. For instance, if a player has played the same game twenty five times, only the highest single score of those twenty five games is recorded and the other twenty four are forgotten.

It is important to note that some tournaments may have more games available in the tournament bank than count toward a player’s qualifying ranking. In these instances, players are not forced to play all of the games if they do not wish to do so.

All scores between players are ranked in the same fashion as PAPA Qualifying: 100 points for the best overall score on a game, 90 points for the second highest score on a game, 85 points for the third highest score, and then decreasing by one point per position down to zero. Competitors are not forced to play every game in the qualifying bank, but if they realistically expect to qualify for the final rounds, they must at least play the maximum number of games counted toward their qualifying score.

Example: At the 2011 Northwest Pinball Championships, Cayle George qualified fourth overall. The games available in qualifying were:

Supersonic
    Space Invaders
    World Cup Soccer
    The Shadow
    Jackbot
    World Poker Tour
    Rolling Stones
    Cayle played every game at least once. Any scores lower than those listed below did not count toward Cayle’s final qualifying ranking.

Cayle’s highest score on Supersonic was third overall, scoring him 85 qualifying points.
    Cayle’s highest score on Space Invaders was 18th, scoring him 70 points (155 total through two games).
    Cayle’s highest score on World Cup Soccer was 15th, earning him 73 points (228 through three games).
    Cayle’s highest score on The Shadow was the 1st, earning him 100 points (328 through four games).
    Cayle’s highest score on Jackbot was 5th, earning him 83 additional qualifying points (411 through five games).
    Cayle’s highest score on World Poker Tour was 6th, earning him 82 qualifying points (493 through six games).
    And finally, Cayle’s highest score on Rolling Stones was 22nd, earning him 66 additional qualifying points.
    Cayle’s total score of 559 qualifying points was fourth best among all players.
    In the above example, the Northwest Pinball Championships allowed 16 players into the final round with the cutoff at 509 points. It is important to note the total number of points needed to qualify will change from year to year depending on how players perform on the games and rank against one another. In this example, the highest possible qualifying score would be first place on all seven games, or 700 points, but the actual number one qualifier was Keith Elwin with 605.

#138 7 years ago

I get my ass kicked every year but keep coming back for more!

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

So now the decision is: to queue and stress in the tourney pen for however long, or roam the freeplay floor with my plebe friends all day? Ahh, first world problems

Option 2. Even if you miss your turn you just get moved to the back of the queue. I'd recommend heading to the tourney area once you're third in line.

Person currently playing game
    Person up next
    You

#148 7 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'm having the same dilemma at this point - what should I bring this year...

Spectrum!!

1 week later
    #156 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

When I arrive, I'm going to walk right up to chuckwurt and say "Provo, Spain?" This is going to be fun

Those are three words I've always enjoyed: Melvin, Thelma, and Provo.

1 week later
    #178 7 years ago

Work is kicking my ass!! Come on LAX!

#192 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Defender is almost there, just needs one safety fuse, two switches wired up, some LEDs, and a few pieces of artwork applied.

Can't wait for this. Haha

#196 7 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Really bummed I'm missing this. Gryszzz bailed on me last year (had a kid born at the same time, or some stupid excuse), so it's only fair I leave him hanging this year. Kidding. I can't go away for a weekend just yet. As soon as the wife is further along on her road to recovery, I will be able to travel. Piss off the bouncer at Zanzabar again for me this year. Cheers, brothers!!! Happy flippin'.

Continued prayers for Kelly man. Hang in there!

#235 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Besides classic console video games, I will have these used pinball items available at my vendor space:
    1 Bally coin door
    1 Classic Stern coin door
    2 Bally lockdown bars
    1 original High Speed ramp (condition not bad)
    1 Stern Kiss translite
    1 Got. System 1 driver board (NEW)

Dibs on the stern door. Haha

#276 7 years ago
    Quoted from sethington:

any word on tournament games or url to track yet? getting in later tonight, looking forward to it!

#285 7 years ago

Who brought the frontier? Left flipper is not registering. Maybe a cab switch issue.

#288 7 years ago

Haha. Come say hey. I'm at baby pacman by the corvette pin and the JJP games.

#290 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Be right there. Have to get my pills crushed on Atlantis first

Now I'm by EK. Wearing a U.K. Jersey. Text me.

#295 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Man if you guys have not played Dailed In you are missing out!!!! Amazing! Get over to it now and play!!!!!!!

Hopefully I can play tomorrow. Don't want to wait an hour to play it right now.

#300 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a feeling that he's going to be buying one soon!

I do like it a lot. Angie (my wife) thinks the clown sounds like an old hillbilly woman. Haha. Love in an elevator multiball is pretty awesome though and Aerosmith is great pinball music.

#304 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Imma go get one more waffle while here. Last chance to socialize with that dick from Utah!

Nice meeting you Chad! See ya next time!

#309 7 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

It was a GB Premium, but I'm glad you liked it. The magna slings makes it my favorite.

Hey Jeff thanks for bringing GB prem. The lighting in the back of the playfield was awesome. Not sure if you had that when I saw it before, but looked awesome.

#315 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

chuckwurt in the Papa broadcast about 34 mins in
    » YouTube video

Awesome! I'm glad they showed my one respectable game on it. My other two tries were like 10 million or less. Haha. This also shows me getting a tilt warning with the ball in the shooter lane. Haha. Man that thing was brutal.

#320 7 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Does anybody know who the owner of the Data East Torpedo Alley is?

Andy and Andrew Rosa own it I'm pretty sure. Pinwow on here.

#324 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha! I guess these games came from PAPA? This appears to be my score from PAPA B qualifying last year.
    I didn't know PAPA games left PA.

Haha. Yeah meant to send you a message. Pretty sure it's still standing too.

#331 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Me neither.
    I believe
    Trent
    Rosa sr.
    Rosa Jr
    ?
    Bowden

A was

Trent
    Rosa
    @lotrbreath (Chris warren)
    Rosa

B was
    Brad Smith
    Matt Peace
    ??
    ??

#333 7 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

How did you do Eric?

Lost in a one game playoff (TWD) to make the final four in B. So close!!

#336 7 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

Awesome job! Nice job to make it that far.

Thanks! Yeah I was glad to make it that far. Hopefully I can improve on that next year. Also congrats to you for making the B finals. Even though you didn't make it past that first round, it was not easy to get to that point on Sunday. So many crazy good players in the tournament.

#339 7 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

Thanks. Considering I went against you and the winner of B in the 1st round I'm not surprised I got knocked out right away. But I'll get my revenge next year

Yeah I was hoping that me you Jesse and Stu would have made the final four. That would've been hilarious.

2 weeks later
    #369 7 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I was playing Dragon and saw a guy behind me. Offered to play 2 player game with him. He said OK. So I put two games up, played my first ball, then he played his first ball. I played my 2nd ball, the he proceeded to play 3 or 4 balls in a row. Just didn't get the concept....

Haha. I told multiple groups of 3 and 4 people that were taking turns playing one player games that they could play multiplayer games. Each time they first looked at me like I had six heads, then acted like playing a multiplayer game was way beyond their comprehension so they were going to stick with single player games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-3-5-2017?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.