(Topic ID: 175098)

Louisville Arcade Expo (March 3-5 2017)

By LouMatt

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinbotBadge (resized).jpg
    OCbadge (resized).jpg
    FPbadge (resized).jpg
    IMG_0814 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0803 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0786 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0784 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0783 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0778 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0768 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0755 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0754 (resized).JPG
    AF10 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0817 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0801 (resized).JPG
    There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I do like it a lot. Angie (my wife) thinks the clown sounds like an old hillbilly woman. Haha. Love in an elevator multiball is pretty awesome though and Aerosmith is great pinball music.

Tell Angie to get the checkbook out already! lol

It really does look pretty great, I must say.

#302 7 years ago

Dailed In is leaving the show tomorrow and straight to Zanzabar for their Charity event

Larry
    FlipNOut Pinball

#303 7 years ago

Imma go get one more waffle while here. Last chance to socialize with that dick from Utah!

#304 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Imma go get one more waffle while here. Last chance to socialize with that dick from Utah!

Nice meeting you Chad! See ya next time!

#305 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice meeting you Chad! See ya next time!

Good luck in the tournament Erik!

#306 7 years ago

Got to play a few games I'm interested in adding to the collection which only confirmed I would like those games.

The Fathom that was there was beautiful.

#307 7 years ago

Headed back. Best memories are of a 4 player game on Dialed In with Steve Bowden and getting some playing time on a GBLE and a GB Pro. Thanks Kentucky!

IMG_0817 (resized).JPGIMG_0817 (resized).JPG

#308 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Headed back. Best memories are of a 4 player game on Dialed In with Steve Bowden and getting some playing time on a GBLE and a GB Pro. Thanks Kentucky!

It was a GB Premium, but I'm glad you liked it. The magna slings makes it my favorite.

#309 7 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

It was a GB Premium, but I'm glad you liked it. The magna slings makes it my favorite.

Hey Jeff thanks for bringing GB prem. The lighting in the back of the playfield was awesome. Not sure if you had that when I saw it before, but looked awesome.

#310 7 years ago

Man I just think it's awesome how many people bring their games and make the show possible! It scares the hell out of me to bring a game and have it played all weekend by a ton of people! So my hats off to every one who volunteered their pin this weekend! A big thank you from me!

#311 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Dude, you were in ky... that drink should at least had bourbon next to it!

#312 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Man I just think it's awesome how many people bring their games and make the show possible! It scares the hell out of me to bring a game and have it played all weekend by a ton of people! So my hats off to every one who volunteered their pin this weekend! A big thank you from me!

I feel the same way thanks to everyone who bought games to show.Does anyone know who owned the Torpedo Alley?

#313 7 years ago

Did the Interflip Dragon end up selling?

It was a really interesting game and great looking, and I love the dragon targets.

#314 7 years ago

chuckwurt in the Papa broadcast about 34 mins in

#315 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

chuckwurt in the Papa broadcast about 34 mins in
    » YouTube video

Awesome! I'm glad they showed my one respectable game on it. My other two tries were like 10 million or less. Haha. This also shows me getting a tilt warning with the ball in the shooter lane. Haha. Man that thing was brutal.

#316 7 years ago

Man what a SHOW! I had a blast Saturday! Big thanks to whoever brought Spirit!

#317 7 years ago

Does anybody know who the owner of the Data East Torpedo Alley is?

#318 7 years ago

Awesome show. I had a great time. My Hook went down with a switch matrix issue, but other than a loose wire, Big Guns held on with the best of them and ended up going to its new home.

I got a call on my way home that I won a Gorgar pinball in a raffle with a CPR backglass!!

An absolute huge thank you to Matt and Jeremy and everyone else who runs the show.

#319 7 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Could be this one. I know the owner was at the Expo.
    flint.craigslist.org link

#320 7 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Andy and Andrew Rosa own it I'm pretty sure. Pinwow on here.

#321 7 years ago

Thanks for info

#322 7 years ago

Does any one happen to know of any one who may have filmed Jacks speech Saturday evening!

#323 7 years ago

Ha! I guess these games came from PAPA? This appears to be my score from PAPA B qualifying last year.

I didn't know PAPA games left PA.

AF10 (resized).jpgAF10 (resized).jpg

#324 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha! I guess these games came from PAPA? This appears to be my score from PAPA B qualifying last year.
    I didn't know PAPA games left PA.

Haha. Yeah meant to send you a message. Pretty sure it's still standing too.

#325 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Does any one happen to know of any one who may have filmed Jacks speech Saturday evening!

Hey Greg,
    I don't know who it was,but there was a guy up front filming his talk.
    I was there and he did give SDTM a nice shoutout

#326 7 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Hey Greg,
    I don't know who it was,but there was a guy up front filming his talk.
    I was there and he did give SDTM a nice shoutout

Ha ha yeah that's what I heard!!! I was wanting to see it! I didn't even think to write you while I was there. We could have had a few beers!

#327 7 years ago

Torpedo was a lot of fun! Very surprising!

#328 7 years ago

Is the results of the A and B finals posted anywhere? I haven't found them.

#329 7 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

Is the results of the A and B finals posted anywhere? I haven't found them.

Me neither.

I believe

Trent
    Rosa sr.
    Rosa Jr
    ?
    Bowden

#330 7 years ago

Anyone have a link to the final standings? I know the final 4 in mains were the Rosas and Trent and ?, and I know that Trent won. I know they will eventually show up on ifpa site. But I am also curious about the payouts. There was some finals info on https://www.pbchallenge.net/lax/ but the site doesn't seem to be working now. And the YAPSS app only has qualifying info.

I know 9-16 in Classics finals got $100. And 5-8 in B division got $50.

What did Trent get for winning? I wonder how much money they took in. Wish you could see voided entries like in the INDISC system. But overall the YAPSS app and system worked great - no issues at all.

Was a great show. This was the biggest tourney I'd ever played in. I loved the Classics - I'd never played in a Classics tourney before. The main bank chewed me up. Especially that TWD machine. I regret giving up on it. Wish I'd bought at least 3 more entries just so I could have had another chance at that game. I played it 4 times and got 11m 5m 5m and 18m. Had Prison MB lit on TWO of those attempts, once even on ball two and failed to start it. heh. Only had one well walker MB which is how I got my 18m. I am fine with doing poorly on games like Atlantis which I didn't know at all. But TWD? I know I can crush that game.

And finally thanks to everyone that helped make this tourney happen. The PAPA guys, the score keepers, techs, etc. The show ran smooth as silk and everyone I can in contact with was super nice and helpful. This was the most fun 4 days of pinball in my life. Let's see if pinburgh can top it!

#331 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Me neither.
    I believe
    Trent
    Rosa sr.
    Rosa Jr
    ?
    Bowden

A was

Trent
    Rosa
    @lotrbreath (Chris warren)
    Rosa

B was
    Brad Smith
    Matt Peace
    ??
    ??

#332 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

A was

Trent
    Rosa
    @lotrbreath (Chris warren)
    Rosa

B was
    Brad Smith
    Matt Peace
    ??
    ??

How did you do Erik?

#333 7 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

How did you do Eric?

Lost in a one game playoff (TWD) to make the final four in B. So close!!

#334 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lost in a one game playoff (TWD) to make the final four in B. So close!!

Awesome job! Nice job to make it that far.

#335 7 years ago
    Quoted from myork82:

Man what a SHOW! I had a blast Saturday! Big thanks to whoever brought Spirit!

The Spirit belongs to Mark Combs of the Cinci Group. Most of that row was from our Cinci group here - all the way up to my Demo Man and also the Johnny a few games down.

#336 7 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

Awesome job! Nice job to make it that far.

Thanks! Yeah I was glad to make it that far. Hopefully I can improve on that next year. Also congrats to you for making the B finals. Even though you didn't make it past that first round, it was not easy to get to that point on Sunday. So many crazy good players in the tournament.

#337 7 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

The Spirit belongs to Mark Combs of the Cinci Group. Most of that row was from our Cinci group here - all the way up to my Demo Man and also the Johnny a few games down.

I appreciate you guys bringing that stuff!

#338 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks! Yeah I was glad to make it that far. Hopefully I can improve on that next year. Also congrats to you for making the B finals. Even though you didn't make it past that first round, it was not easy to get to that point on Sunday. So many crazy good players in the tournament.

Thanks. Considering I went against you and the winner of B in the 1st round I'm not surprised I got knocked out right away. But I'll get my revenge next year

#339 7 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

Thanks. Considering I went against you and the winner of B in the 1st round I'm not surprised I got knocked out right away. But I'll get my revenge next year

Yeah I was hoping that me you Jesse and Stu would have made the final four. That would've been hilarious.

#340 7 years ago

Torpedo Alley was a surprise hit for me as well. First time I played I got multiball and the "bbrrrAEEROOONNTGA" (or however you onomatopoeia a Klaxon) blaring out was hilarious and awesome. Also loved hearing its constant random Jaws coda audibly rumbling down the full game aisle as well. Set the GC score and kept going back! It's not a very deep game rules-wise and the upper right flipper is not really aimable, but it's just a stupid goofy silly game - the total fun package with great sound and lights. I was texting the seller about trying to buy it Sunday am but it sold at the same time. Curses.... didn't have space to immediately commit to haul a 6th back after bringing 5 to share.

Speaking of selling... holy crap it seemed nearly every electronic-era game that was for sale, was sold and gone by Sat evening. Did the same person clear everyone out? Bummer that so much left so soon. Seemed like machine count was down overall before then, but it might have been the relocated stage area just making it seem too open. The bands were awesome! But almost too loud, I couldn't hear any of the games while bands were on, even in the furthest rows. Kinda mucked the atmosphere a bit.

BOP 2.0 is amazing (even though it kept having random issues every time I played), that Funhouse was gorgeous, and Interflip Dragon was an incredible surprise hit for sure. Such an astoundingly fast and interesting game. And looked like it was made only yesterday. Whoever took that one home (was there near close Sat but gone at open on Sun) got a hell of a score. Also pleased Star Gazer was every bit as fun as I hoped, even in its beat condition. Loved that one too. Would love to fix it up even more... sigh

My eldest daughter got over 2 mil on Joust and we were all like "HowTF is that even possible" LOL. Thanks Pheobe, Larry & Crew! Great lineup as always! And thanks for confirming my suspicion on Firepower's flipper travel... I improvised a fix for that immediately Sat am. My poor Pinbot never got a break but I'm proud it held up great for over 650 plays, even though the pops kept bouncing the ball and running the energy value to 508K. Did anyone even know it caps the bonus at that point? I didn't!

Glad my games and workmanship held up... and to meet new old friends, make new new ones I hope... help a bunch of folks with random fixes throughout the show... and to play some awesome games. Can't wait for next year!

#341 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey Jeff thanks for bringing GB prem. The lighting in the back of the playfield was awesome. Not sure if you had that when I saw it before, but looked awesome.

I agree 100%. It was my favorite playing game at the show!

#342 7 years ago

@kguenther6, how was your AFM game? I'm assuming you killed it!

#343 7 years ago
    Quoted from comment23:

kguenther6, how was your AFM game? I'm assuming you killed it!

I put up a pretty good number on AFM. It was 3+ billion which was pretty good for that one.

#344 7 years ago

IMG_0754 (resized).JPGIMG_0754 (resized).JPGIMG_0755 (resized).JPGIMG_0755 (resized).JPGIMG_0768 (resized).JPGIMG_0768 (resized).JPGIMG_0783 (resized).JPGIMG_0783 (resized).JPGIMG_0784 (resized).JPGIMG_0784 (resized).JPGIMG_0786 (resized).JPGIMG_0786 (resized).JPGIMG_0803 (resized).JPGIMG_0803 (resized).JPGIMG_0775 (resized).JPGIMG_0775 (resized).JPGIMG_0778 (resized).JPGIMG_0778 (resized).JPGIMG_0814 (resized).JPGIMG_0814 (resized).JPG

#345 7 years ago

Anyone get a picture of the award winners for B division? Just trying to scoop a pic so I can update our local league website with Matt Peace's awesome performance.

#346 7 years ago

Glad everyone had a good time! It was a great show and we look forward to 2018!

#347 7 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

BOP 2.0 is amazing (even though it kept having random issues every time I played),

Glad you enjoyed it! She's in need of a shop out soon.

I had a wire break on the left flipper, which popped a fuse. It was down a few hours until I could fix it.

I noticed it was machine gunning on the slings, and it was not registering a switch in the skill shot area. What other issues did you notice? I'll work the bugs out hopefully before next year.

#348 7 years ago

Already having withdraws! Great show this year, best Louisville expo in my eyes so far!

#349 7 years ago

I noticed the machine gunning slings a couple times, and the flippers got weak on me once but that was Fri or early Sat, probably before you fixed it. I came back later and was doing great, then had to text you when the ball got stuck on the shuttle ramp flasher Sat night. Funny thing was, while waiting hoping for you to respond, every time ball search kicked a locked ball out, I nailed that ramp.... over and over and over...

...Sunday AM the game was in "BOP 1.0" mode, and when I caught it later on in 2.0 I couldn't seem to make the ramp to save my life! Guess she just didn't like me for cheating with the dirty bride across the hall, LOL. But yours was still a fun game, played smooth despite the hangups! Was glad to finally experience the BOP2.0 package.

~~~~

Also neat, was seeing the Dr. Who with the "Wobble Head". Was that a factory unit or one of the aftermarket kits? The serial# was obscured, but the playfield was marked with the diamondplate logo so it might be one of the early factory units... would love to know for sure. It's a fun effect to see from the crowd.

#350 7 years ago

People kept accidentally switching it to classic mode, but I was constantly checking on my games and change it to 2.0 when I saw it.

My wife will he really happy you noticed her wobble head on her game. That was an aftermarket mod I installed. It looks great, but it was a pain to get it to fit.

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-3-5-2017/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.