3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PinbotBadge (resized).jpg
    OCbadge (resized).jpg
    FPbadge (resized).jpg
    IMG_0814 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0803 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0786 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0784 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0783 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0778 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0768 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0755 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0754 (resized).JPG
    AF10 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0817 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0801 (resized).JPG

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Either or, I have both.

Bram stokers would be great to bring!

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from Metalmanmiles:

Bram stokers would be great to bring!

I could bring a BSD but it's NFS.

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Awesome!

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

That would be excellent, it's one of my favorite pins!

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Mine has an LED Color DMD.

#106 2 years ago

I'm attending again this year. Though it was pretty crowded I still had a blast last year. Got a good deal at that hotel too from priceline express deals. I think it was jefferson west 2 and a half stars if you're feeling risky. At the time I booked it, the room was only 43/night.

#107 2 years ago

I haven't read through the thread so I apologize if it's in there somewhere, but does anyone know if Alien will be at the show?

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from EvanBingham:

I'm attending again this year. Though it was pretty crowded I still had a blast last year. Got a good deal at that hotel too from priceline express deals. I think it was jefferson west 2 and a half stars if you're feeling risky. At the time I booked it, the room was only 43/night.

It was totally packed last year so it was hard to find a pin to play. great experience though! May need to expand in the years coming soon...

#109 2 years ago

I am going to have a pin or two at my vendor booth to try and give people a break from the main area of games. It's very loud and crowded during the peak hours of the show. Plus, if there is a stuck ball or something, I can fix it right then and don't have to wait for a TXT msg saying it's down, and then muscle through the crowd.

I strongly recommend putting a TXTing # on your game if you care about keeping it working for the entire show. It helped me tremendously last year at both LOU and CHI Expo.

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I am going to have a pin or two at my vendor booth to try and give people a break from the main area of games. It's very loud and crowded during the peak hours of the show. Plus, if there is a stuck ball or something, I can fix it right then and don't have to wait for a TXT msg saying it's down, and then muscle through the crowd.
    I strongly recommend putting a TXTing # on your game if you care about keeping it working for the entire show. It helped me tremendously last year at both LOU and CHI Expo.

Thanks for brining some pins! Could you maybe bring Ice Fever? I've always wanted to play that one! Swords of Fury would be terrific too

#111 2 years ago

Someone please bring a Transformers! It was listed on their web site last year but it never showed.....Don't make me go two years in a row without a Transformers there!! I had one of my best games on it a couple years ago just before closing time and Matt shuts down the power on me!!

Brian

#112 2 years ago

Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:Thanks for brining some pins! Could you maybe bring Ice Fever? I've always wanted to play that one! Swords of Fury would be terrific too

Ice Fever will make the trip but only if it does not sell before the show.

Added over 3 years ago: Ice Fever has been sold.

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Ice Fever will make the trip but only if it does not sell before the show.

NICE! Is it the one that is 700 on here? Really nice example

#114 2 years ago

Super happy to announce that we will have a featured artist at this year's show - Dirty Donny!

Donny will have a table at the show and will be available for signing his amazing art. We're super excited to have him at this year's show.

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Super happy to announce that we will have a featured artist at this year's show - Dirty Donny!
    Donny will have a table at the show and will be available for signing his amazing art. We're super excited to have him at this year's show.

Awesome!! Looking forward to seeing him again!!
    I guess that means I need to update my games list that I'm bringing to the show to include Metallica!

Phoebe

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I guess that means I need to update my games list that I'm bringing to the show to include Metallica!
    Phoebe

Guess I need to bring my Met translite also...

#117 2 years ago

Phoebe

Do you own the Varkon and Metallica Master of Puppets? My favorite games there last year! Great collection you have, thanks for bringing them!

#118 2 years ago

butterflygirl24 (and the rest of the Cincy Pinball Club)'s games rock and are always highlights of the show! Phoebe, don't let me forget to bring that Alley Cats bg...!

Still haven't decided which games to bring. Thinking of trying those new pf protectors from Germany since I have at least one game (Old Chicago) that could use it for cupped inserts... but I'd have to order now to install & tune them for the show.

Incredibly my wife suggested the Firepower I restored since it plays so great, and it was more like Firewood when I got it. Or there's Space Shuttle, Space Station, or Pinbot. (If anyone's looking for a nice playing & decent looking Pinbot, I might consider a sale/trade for the right deal... but I'm hoping to design a new topper and one of my stainless steel speaker panels first).

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

butterflygirl24 (and the rest of the Cincy Pinball Club)'s games rock and are always highlights of the show! Phoebe, don't let me forget to bring that Alley Cats bg...!
    Still haven't decided which games to bring. Thinking of trying those new pf protectors from Germany since I have at least one game (Old Chicago) that could use it for cupped inserts... but I'd have to order now to install & tune them for the show.
    Incredibly my wife suggested the Firepower I restored since it plays so great, and it was more like Firewood when I got it. Or there's Space Shuttle, Space Station, or Pinbot. (If anyone's looking for a nice playing & decent looking Pinbot, I might consider a sale/trade for the right deal... but I'm hoping to design a new topper and one of my stainless steel speaker panels first).

BRING SPACE STATION! One of my favorite system 11s !

#120 2 years ago

follow

#121 2 years ago

I may try to bring my Space Shuttle if it's done in time!

#122 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure I'm bringing bourbons to the show!

#123 2 years ago

I wonder if it would piss him off if I ask him to string Kirk's guitar on the TL.

#124 2 years ago

Hahah, KIRK RULES

IMG_0142 (resized).PNG

#125 2 years ago

Awesome news! I will have to bring my book to get signed.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

I'm pretty sure I'm bringing bourbons to the show!

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e12883e4-346d-4411-9146-cba37f500165
    mint_julep (resized).jpg

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Do you own the Varkon and Metallica Master of Puppets? My favorite games there last year! Great collection you have, thanks for bringing them!

Thanks!! They will both be there again this year! (Metallica is not a MOP, it is a Roadcase Premium) Introduce yourself this year!!

Phoebe, don't let me forget to bring that Alley Cats bg...!

Yeah I gotta get that from you!! We just finished the redo on the basement (from the flooding) so I am hoping to get it hung up after I get it! Now I just have to remember to remind you to remember...LOL!!!

Looking forward to the show!!

Phoebe

#128 2 years ago

Thanks!! They will both be there again this year! (Metallica is not a MOP, it is a Roadcase Premium) Introduce yourself this year!!

Yeah I gotta get that from you!! We just finished the redo on the basement (from the flooding) so I am hoping to get it hung up after I get it! Now I just have to remember to remind you to remember...LOL!!!
    Looking forward to the show!!
    Phoebe

My apologies! That's KILLER! I totally forgot it was a Roadcase Premium! Sure! I'll be participating in the competition this year (if one takes place), I'm a kind of a young guy! Just turned 20 so I'll see you around! Big fan of Varkon!

#129 2 years ago

I didn't take time to read thru post,is there a list of pinball machines and
    Speakers coming to show?

#130 2 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I didn't take time to read thru post,is there a list of pinball machines and
    Speakers coming to show?

Rick, you lazy turd. I'll call you.

#131 2 years ago

Hey Buddy,I resemble that remark!

#132 2 years ago

I'm planning on bringing my Ghostbuters Premium and maybe the Creature From the Black Lagoon and make it a John Trudeau double header.

1 week later
    #133 2 years ago

So help me out here please as this is my first Louisville Expo - will there be a pinball tournament?

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

So help me out here please as this is my first Louisville Expo - will there be a pinball tournament?

Yep. It's a PAPA circuit event and is pump and dump. There will be modern and classics divisions. 3 plays for 10 bucks.

That's how it's been in the past.

#135 2 years ago

yes - usually 2

#136 2 years ago

Is there a place that explains the various tournament formats? I always see terms thrown about and I don't know if they're official, slang, synonymous, or what. Papa.org only seems to explain the tourney schedules and ranking concepts... but not how various formats work.

At the very least, what does "pump and dump" mean and how does it work?

I've attempted to use my entry credits each of my two times visiting... but the tourney process makes zero sense to me, everyone seems so overwhelmed and taking it too seriously, and I'm not terribly great anyway so I don't want to bug anyone. I usually just use a few token entries to try the games that aren't in the free play area, before the waits get too long.

But I dunno. Maybe I'm missing out? Hell, even if I'm only a "C" (or is there a "D") class player, it could be amusing to see just how bad I am.

Unless I'm at the bottom. That would suck. You know what, nevermind!

#137 2 years ago

Pump and dump is also called HERB or best game qualifying.

Best Game Qualifying:

Best Game Qualifying, also known among some tournament directors as the “Herb” format, is one of the most common qualifying formats in competitive pinball. The tournament begins with a preselected number of games designated as the tournament bank. The players are encouraged to purchase tickets, where each ticket represents a single game that can be played on any of the tournament machines. A competitor may play each game one after the other or repeat the same game until he or she achieves the desired score.

At the end of the qualifying period, only a player’s highest score on each pinball machine is counted toward his or her qualifying ranking. For instance, if a player has played the same game twenty five times, only the highest single score of those twenty five games is recorded and the other twenty four are forgotten.

It is important to note that some tournaments may have more games available in the tournament bank than count toward a player’s qualifying ranking. In these instances, players are not forced to play all of the games if they do not wish to do so.

All scores between players are ranked in the same fashion as PAPA Qualifying: 100 points for the best overall score on a game, 90 points for the second highest score on a game, 85 points for the third highest score, and then decreasing by one point per position down to zero. Competitors are not forced to play every game in the qualifying bank, but if they realistically expect to qualify for the final rounds, they must at least play the maximum number of games counted toward their qualifying score.

Example: At the 2011 Northwest Pinball Championships, Cayle George qualified fourth overall. The games available in qualifying were:

Supersonic
    Space Invaders
    World Cup Soccer
    The Shadow
    Jackbot
    World Poker Tour
    Rolling Stones
    Cayle played every game at least once. Any scores lower than those listed below did not count toward Cayle’s final qualifying ranking.

Cayle’s highest score on Supersonic was third overall, scoring him 85 qualifying points.
    Cayle’s highest score on Space Invaders was 18th, scoring him 70 points (155 total through two games).
    Cayle’s highest score on World Cup Soccer was 15th, earning him 73 points (228 through three games).
    Cayle’s highest score on The Shadow was the 1st, earning him 100 points (328 through four games).
    Cayle’s highest score on Jackbot was 5th, earning him 83 additional qualifying points (411 through five games).
    Cayle’s highest score on World Poker Tour was 6th, earning him 82 qualifying points (493 through six games).
    And finally, Cayle’s highest score on Rolling Stones was 22nd, earning him 66 additional qualifying points.
    Cayle’s total score of 559 qualifying points was fourth best among all players.
    In the above example, the Northwest Pinball Championships allowed 16 players into the final round with the cutoff at 509 points. It is important to note the total number of points needed to qualify will change from year to year depending on how players perform on the games and rank against one another. In this example, the highest possible qualifying score would be first place on all seven games, or 700 points, but the actual number one qualifier was Keith Elwin with 605.

#138 2 years ago

I get my ass kicked every year but keep coming back for more!

#139 2 years ago

Wow Chuck, that was *really* helpful. And see, I had no idea that "HERB" was the same thing as pump-and-dump. But that all makes much better sense now. Thank you sir!

It does seem more approachable now. So now the decision is: to queue and stress in the tourney pen for however long, or roam the freeplay floor with my plebe friends all day? Ahh, first world problems...

#140 2 years ago

So now the decision is: to queue and stress in the tourney pen for however long, or roam the freeplay floor with my plebe friends all day? Ahh, first world problems

Option 2. Even if you miss your turn you just get moved to the back of the queue. I'd recommend heading to the tourney area once you're third in line.

Person currently playing game
    Person up next
    You

#141 2 years ago

This year I saw a link to a pingolf side tournament.

https://www.facebook.com/events/419159581762288/

#142 2 years ago

I'm looking to buy my first pin and want it to be a good working Pinbot, would you be willing to sell?

#143 2 years ago

Like others have said, there will be a Main and Classics tournament. The Circuit stops were just announced and it looks like we are on the PAPA circuit again. Please thank our friends from PAPA at the show for all they do! If you haven't played in the tournament before, don't be afraid to ask someone questions. It can seem overwhelming at first, but once you play in it, you will have a blast.

Quoted from EvanBingham:

This year I saw a link to a pingolf side tournament.

https://www.facebook.com/events/419159581762288/

On Sunday while the Main finals are going on there will be a pin golf tournament for those didn't qualify. We did this a number of years ago, and thought it would be great to do again.

For those in town on Thursday before the show, there will also be a tournament Thursday evening before the Expo at Zanzabar - which if you are coming in town for the show that weekend, you should swing by there at some point and play some of their great games. Thursday is our setup day, so if you are bringing a game, you are welcome to set it up Thursday afternoon and then head down to that pre-expo tournament.

Wednesday at the hotel bar (in the front of the hotel) for those in town before the show there will be a split flipper tournament called 'Pintucky'. More info on that will come later.

So plenty of pinball tournaments going on!

#144 2 years ago

30 Day Bump!

#145 2 years ago

That is sneaking up quickly! What to bring what to bring

#147 2 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

That is sneaking up quickly! What to bring what to bring

I'm having the same dilemma at this point - what should I bring this year...

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'm having the same dilemma at this point - what should I bring this year...

Spectrum!!

#149 2 years ago

Definate contender, also F2K full restoration with new pf.

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Definate contender, also F2K full restoration with new pf.

Please bring your White Water. I'm having withdrawals since I've sold mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 79.99
    $ 750.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 163.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside