3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PinbotBadge (resized).jpg
    OCbadge (resized).jpg
    FPbadge (resized).jpg
    IMG_0814 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0803 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0786 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0784 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0783 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0778 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0768 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0755 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0754 (resized).JPG
    AF10 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0817 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0801 (resized).JPG

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

chuckwurt a few posts above implies we just show up. Says there's no cap on registration.
    And I, for one, trust anyone who uses a pic from Fletch as his avatar.

Haha. I would stay tuned in case they switch the format, but if it's a circuit event again, no way they do something other than unlimited qualifying best game format like in the past.

#52 2 years ago

I've played in the papa tourney at LAX the last four years. There's never been any pre-reg. Just show up and register and buy your entries. Unless they change, it's always been 3/$10. Those can be used in the Main or Classics, or both, anyway you choose. And it is definitely a circuit event. The very first event on the 2017 circuit!

BTW, of course you have to pay for your entry into the show to play in the tourney. I highly recommend getting the weekend pass in advance to save a few bucks.

http://arcaderx.com/registration

#53 2 years ago

Booked the hotel room. You early birds were making me nervous

#54 2 years ago

The hotel sells out every year and it's just so convenient to stay there for the entire weekend. It will sell out by next month for certain.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Booked the hotel room. You early birds were making me nervous

You should see the early birds in the Texas Pinball Festival thread. Those yahoos sold out their hotel 8 months ago, and it's two weeks after Louisville

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

chuckwurt a few posts above implies we just show up. Says there's no cap on registration.

Hahah! Great movie! This tournament will be SICK

#57 2 years ago

FYI to others looking for a hotel room. The Ramada Plaza link above also wasn't allowing me to book rooms (looked like it was working, but kept failing when I got to payment confirmation). Ended up calling national Wyndham reservations line at 1-800-407-9832 and gave them rate code LKLA and they were able to book with no problem. Sounds like others had issues with the local desk reservations, so figured calling national number would get me straight through and it did... 2-3 minute process.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

FYI to others looking for a hotel room. The Ramada Plaza link above also wasn't allowing me to book rooms (looked like it was working, but kept failing when I got to payment confirmation). Ended up calling national Wyndham reservations line at 1-800-407-9832 and gave them rate code LKLA and they were able to book with no problem. Sounds like others had issues with the local desk reservations, so figured calling national number would get me straight through and it did... 2-3 minute process.

Good call - thanks for suggesting that for people that have issues.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Hahah great movie! Ah, nice! Should be killer!

#60 2 years ago

Thanks to all of you coming out to the Ville and making this convention possible! Will there be any pins for raffle like last year? There was a Tom Cat that was up last year

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Tried this - they told me they couldn't do it and to call the hotel directly...Tried that again and no problem this time. Guess it just depends on who is working the desk. Now I just have to predict what game/s to bring...See everyone there!

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Tried this - they told me they couldn't do it and to call the hotel directly...Tried that again and no problem this time. Guess it just depends on who is working the desk. Now I just have to predict what game/s to bring...See everyone there!

I guess we have proven here that Wyndham/Ramada has the same Quality Control procedures in place as some of our fine pinball manufacturers!!

And I should have probably mentioned in my first post that I already had a Wyndham Rewards account #, so they pulled up my info and booked. Might have explained the differences in our experience. Oh well... see everyone in Louisville!!

#63 2 years ago

I'm there! Room booked!! MM will be in the house! Looking forward to it! Always a great time!

Brian

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I guess we have proven here that Wyndham/Ramada has the same Quality Control procedures in place as some of our fine pinball manufacturers!!

And I should have probably mentioned in my first post that I already had a Wyndham Rewards account #, so they pulled up my info and booked. Might have explained the differences in our experience. Oh well... see everyone in Louisville!!

I've stayed in that hotel 7 times or so. They usually pull me right up and makes it a breeze to book, but I guess they lost my info or maybe a new system? Not sure. The girl was very new but she was nice, just very nervous.

#65 2 years ago

Just an FYI about the hotel. I've stayed there 4 years running and it's really not good. The walls and doors are paper thin. Couple that with the very long hallways and you get constant walking traffic and noise outside your room. I rarely get enough sleep when I stay there. Not trying to be negative, just telling it like it is. This year we are staying at the Louisville Marriott East which is only about 2-3 blocks away. Best rate I could find was 127/night and I think it will be worth it.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just an FYI about the hotel. I've stayed there 4 years running and it's really not good. The walls and doors are paper thin. Couple that with the very long hallways and you get constant walking traffic and noise outside your room. I rarely get enough sleep when I stay there. Not trying to be negative, just telling it like it is. This year we are staying at the Louisville Marriott East which is only about 2-3 blocks away. Best rate I could find was 127/night and I think it will be worth it.

I never really have trouble sleeping but I credit that from going to bed at 2 am with a booze coma.

#67 2 years ago

I never really have trouble sleeping but I credit that from going to bed at 2 am with a booze coma.

Yeah this all the way. I love the crappy hotel. Makes me want to party more for some reason. And the long hallways are no joke. Hope you get a room towards the back of the hotel.

#68 2 years ago

Yeah, if your lucky enough to get a room in the back, we call it the tower of power, LOL. It's actually pretty quiet and there is an extra floor that the rest of the hotel doesn't have. I've only been lucky enough to get one of those rooms once.

#69 2 years ago

I kinda liked being by the pool with the gazebo..hung out and played guitar till 4 in the morning on it and watched Billy Mitchell party across the way last year!..where's you thumbs up Billy pic chuckwurt

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

I kinda liked being by the pool with the gazebo..hung out and played guitar till 4 in the morning on it and watched Billy Mitchell party across the way last year!..where's you thumbs up Billy pic chuckwurt

Hahah, that was crazy when Billy Mitchell walked into that party. I got to play a few games against him and it was a humbling experience.

#71 2 years ago

Here's my Billy Mitchell story:

Hanging out at an after party Billy Mitchell shows up. I was waiting to talk to him as he watched someone try and fix a popeye arcade that had a problem with an inverted screen. As Billy waited he turns to me and says, "this guy's saying the issue is just dip switches. What a dip shit". Hahahaha. What a jerk. I swiftly got a pic with him immediately afterwards.

IMG_3903 (resized).JPG

#72 2 years ago

I'm 83% positive I took that photo.

#73 2 years ago

I'm 83% positive I took that photo.

You should bring back that ice cold beer. I couldn't stop playing it.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You should bring back that ice cold beer. I couldn't stop playing it.

I fully intend to. I've got it on route right now. I need to go get it this month and get it all cleaned and waxed and put some oil on the rails. I miss having it in my kitchen and the quarters have slowed down in it so it's time to bring her home for a bit.

#75 2 years ago

Well yesterday I had a fun experience - mostly the opposite of everyone else here - trying to reserve a room.

Online would not even act as if a rate existed in the first place, let alone have an error at payment.

Tried to call the hotel and never got through. Just rang and rang and rang.

Called the Wyndham National line and they struggled to first find the hotel (as opposed to the Days Inn, Super8, whatever, even though I clearly said RAMADA)... then they couldn't find the rate... then they DID find the rate, but it wouldn't apply... after 10 minutes of helpfully struggling they told me to try the local hotel again.

So I did and the desk answered before the phone even rang, caught me by surprise. They hooked me right up with the $79 rate, got everything booked in 2 minutes.

Crazy! I guess just trying to get a room is like the qualifying pre-game for this year

#76 2 years ago

I noticed I never got my confirmation email so I called last night to make sure my reservations were in. I was on hold for an exceptional amount of time then they said they had my reservations for different dates. So I had them change them to the correct dates. I asked her to please send me the email with the needed info so I could double check it and have my confirmation number. She said of course and again I never got it.

I always expect less than perfect customer service with them after years of staying there but they seem to be having a really rough time this year. I'm assuming they have a new system and have no idea how to use it yet. I'm not going to call them again, but hopefully I truly am booked and booked on the correct day. If not, I am sleeping under a pinball in the convention hall.

#77 2 years ago

I'm 99% sure I am coming as well! Not sure if I'll bring a game or not though...

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Well yesterday I had a fun experience - mostly the opposite of everyone else here - trying to reserve a room.
    Online would not even act as if a rate existed in the first place, let alone have an error at payment.

I noticed I never got my confirmation email so I called last night to make sure my reservations were in..

Completely strange. The website reservation worked fine for me. Guess that means I'm screwed and will be sleeping outside

#79 2 years ago

I noticed I never got my confirmation email so I called last night to make sure my reservations were in. I was on hold for an exceptional amount of time then they said they had my reservations for different dates. So I had them change them to the correct dates. I asked her to please send me the email with the needed info so I could double check it and have my confirmation number. She said of course and again I never got it.
    I always expect less than perfect customer service with them after years of staying there but they seem to be having a really rough time this year. I'm assuming they have a new system and have no idea how to use it yet. I'm not going to call them again, but hopefully I truly am booked and booked on the correct day. If not, I am sleeping under a pinball in the convention hall.

I think they have new people too. I was on hold for a long time after I could hear a manager in the ear of the person helping me walk them through setting up a reservation.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think they have new people too. I was on hold for a long time after I could hear a manager in the ear of the person helping me walk them through setting up a reservation.

I might have to sleep in your bathtub or vise versa.

#81 2 years ago

I might have to sleep in your bathtub or vise versa.

I'll bring extra air mattresses just in case. Whomever gets a room might have some extra guests last minute. Haha

#82 2 years ago

Katy bar the door....when you hear the Black Flag at warp 20, don't bother knockin... c'mon in.
    Stoked to see yous guys again.

#83 2 years ago

Gryszzz I plan on meeting you this year. Chances are we've met already, just never introduced ourselves.

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Katy bar the door....when you hear the Black Flag at warp 20, don't bother knockin... c'mon in.
    Stoked to see yous guys again.

Start a mosh with some Circle Jerks

#85 2 years ago

Yeah, nobody on this forum makes me randomly crack up like Gryszzz. I wonder if I crossed paths last year and didn't realize it? I do tend to lay a bit low myself tho. Would like to try to meet more people this year, seems like there's a lot more going on than meets the eye

#86 2 years ago

LAX time again!... What to bring... Firepower for sure. I need to check with Brent and Whitney and put a Brokentoken sign on it since it used to be Brent's game and is the butt of their "Farr Paar" jokes... I'm bringing a nice Baby-Pac to sell or trade. I just can't do any good at that game. I love the pinball part but can't progress in the game because I suck at the video part. If I can clear the 1st screen by the end of the game it's a major accomplishment!... And then probably a Bally Space Time.

Look forward to seeing everyone again this year!

-Steve

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

I'm bringing a nice Baby-Pac to sell or trade. I just can't do any good at that game.

Whether you sell it or take it back home I'll give you a score to shoot for. Haha

#88 2 years ago

Our featured speaker this year is Jack Guarnieri of Jersey Jack Pinball - We're excited to have Jack at our show for the first time along with his newest game Dialed In. Make sure to stop by Larry Kitchen's Flip N Out pinball booth at the show and play a few games.

#89 2 years ago

Very cool Matt. Should be an excellent show

#90 2 years ago

A little birdie told me they Pricelined the Ramada for $42/night.....

#91 2 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

A little birdie told me they Pricelined the Ramada for $42/night.....

Check Hotwire too. My buddy gambled and won. Got the ramada for like 45 a night.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Whether you sell it or take it back home I'll give you a score to shoot for. Haha

Yes Erik, I'm well aware of your prowess on Baby-Pac! But seriously, those damn ghosts can predict where I'm going! Sheeeesh! If you teach me to play it though I'll probably haul it back home.

-Steve

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Yes Erik, I'm well aware of your prowess on Baby-Pac! But seriously, those damn ghosts can predict where I'm going! Sheeeesh! If you teach me to play it though I'll probably haul it back home.
    -Steve

Yeah man. I can definitely show you some easy things that might help rekindle your liking for it.

#94 2 years ago

This will be my first time attending this particular show and I'm looking forward to it. Hope to see and meet lots of great folks.

#95 2 years ago

Baby Pacman is a great game. Hope to own one someday.

#96 2 years ago

I could bring any of the following if pre sold.

Interflip Dragon
    Panthera
    Freefall
    Frontier
    Eight Ball Champ
    Elektra with Prototype Backglass
    X-Men LE Magneto
    Avengers HULK LE
    Dracula
    Crosstown
    Blackjack
    Bally Speakeasy
    Big Guns
    Big Buck Hunter

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

I could bring any of the following if pre sold.
    Interflip Dragon
    Panthera
    Freefall
    Frontier
    Eight Ball Champ
    Elektra with Prototype Backglass
    X-Men LE Magneto
    Avengers HULK LE
    Dracula
    Crosstown
    Blackjack
    Bally Speakeasy
    Big Guns
    Big Buck Hunter

Interesting selection. STERN Dracula or BSD?

#98 2 years ago

Either or, I have both.

#99 2 years ago

Lookin forward to meetin you Circlez...gonna be a par-taay fer sure. Thinking about bringing Mustang if I can figure out how to change the songs to all Pat Boone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.00
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 26.95
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 229.99
    $ 72.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside