(Topic ID: 175098)

Louisville Arcade Expo (March 3-5 2017)

By LouMatt

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinbotBadge (resized).jpg
    OCbadge (resized).jpg
    FPbadge (resized).jpg
    IMG_0814 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0803 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0786 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0784 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0783 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0778 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0775 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0768 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0755 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0754 (resized).JPG
    AF10 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0817 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0801 (resized).JPG
    There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 7 years ago

The 7th Annual Louisville Arcade Expo is being held once again at the Ramada Plaza in Louisville, KY, March 3-5 2017. Three days of retro gaming - including pinball, video arcades, classic consoles and computers. We'll have costume contests, console tournaments, music, seminars, a charity raffle, and more!

We have a room rate of $79.95 at the Ramada Plaza which is conveniently located at the corner of I-64 and Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville Ky (9700 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY 40299). The hotel has an airport shuttle, so fly in, take the shuttle, and have a good time. The hotel is located near many restaurants and other activities. To reserve a room, just give them a call and mention you are attending our show 1-502-491-4830.

Bring a full size pinball or arcade video game for free play and get a free admission for each game you bring! Give us a heads up by registering your games on our website if you are planning on bringing some to help with our layout planning. For every game you bring and every day the game is at the show in playing condition, you will be entered into a drawing for door prizes. Last year we gave away a lot of awesome stuff from CPR and other great prizes, like soldering stations, tools, stuff from Marco, stuff from Stern, Jersey Jack, Pinball life, etc...

Pre-Register and save! Visit our website for more information: http://www.LouisvilleArcade.com
    Find us on facebook at facebook.com/LouisvilleArcade or twitter @arcaderx
    We'll post speaker and event announcements soon.

Thanks and we're looking forward to seeing everyone again!

#2 7 years ago

Woo Hoo!
    Here we go again. Can't wait to see you all there!

#3 7 years ago

Is it too early to discuss what everyone is bringing? I have a few more options on pinball from what I had last year. But I need to leave some at the arcade as to not upset the customers. I might bring Hook since I've never seen that one at Expo. But I have a 5v issue at the display and it resets the DMD every now and then so I will need to get that sorted out first.

#4 7 years ago

Planning on being there!

#5 7 years ago

I'm bringing my custom Defender pin with a twist. Should be next to my vendor tables for the 2017 show.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I'm bringing my custom Defender pin with a twist. Should be next to my vendor tables for the 2017 show.

Looking forward to that and catching up with you.

#7 7 years ago

My current games are
    Big Guns
    Hook
    Getaway
    TMNT
    EATPM
    Space Shuttle
    Genesis
    I've never seen a TMNT or a Hook there that I can recall.

#8 7 years ago

To go or not to go? hrmmmm. Have attended last few years and had a great time. Tough to beat having a Dairy Queen by the hotel.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

The 7th Annual Louisville Arcade Expo is

AWESOME!!! Can't wait!!
    Looking forward to it!!

Quoted from futurepinhead:

Is it too early to discuss what everyone is bringing

Not positive yet...Jeez!! Jared it's not even Christmas yet, I am still working on my basement let alone getting tree and stuff up and now you want me to discuss what games I'm bringing in March!!!
    But now that you mention it...Prolly bringing
    Joust
    Varkon (pretty sure of these 3)
    Robotron (vid)
    Then hopefully...
    Fathom (freshly done up and running hopefully everything stays that way!!)
    Catacomb
    1 more to be determined (probably something newer haven't gotten that far yet!! Might depend on whom the speaker will be, as I might bring a speaker specific game!)

Phoebe

#10 7 years ago

My current games are
    Big Guns
    Hook
    Getaway
    TMNT
    EATPM
    Space Shuttle
    Genesis

I've been wanting to play a TMNT. Never have. I've got a Hook I could bring if you want to bring something else. Might as well start the year off right and bring my VA. I might bring one more to make it a trifecta. We'll see.

#11 7 years ago

Bringing my Bride of Pinbot 2.0

#12 7 years ago

Reserved room tonight,looking forward to meeting some local collectors

#13 7 years ago

I missed out last year. I hope I can get up this year and bring something with me

#14 7 years ago

My current games are
    Big Guns
    Hook
    Getaway
    TMNT
    EATPM
    Space Shuttle
    Genesis

Please bring big guns. Love that game.

#15 7 years ago

I will have to play it by ear for bringing a game or games as always, but I'm definitely coming.

Can't wait!!

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Will it have legs or will it be on the cart still? Haha.

#17 7 years ago

I'll be there with a couple of games again.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Reserved room tonight,looking forward to meeting some local collectors

About time you support your local show. I'm tired of having to list every game that's there while you are on the phone.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please bring big guns. Love that game.

I should be able to do that. It's at a Bowling alley now but I have faith it will hold up.

Quoted from Hougie:

I'll be there with a couple of games again.

And I'll watch them again if you have to take off. I promise no extensive repairs after I've been drinking.

1 week later
    #19 7 years ago

Just a reminder to book your room at the hotel...there is a big volleyball tournament or something going on that weekend that will also book rooms at the hotel, so it will sell out for sure. So if you like to play games, and then walk (or stumble ) back to your room you should reserve one.

#20 7 years ago

I'll be there again with a few pinball machines in tow just like every year.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Just a reminder to book your room at the hotel...

I didn't see a group rate on the website. Surely there must be some discounted rate available. Any information about this?

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I didn't see a group rate on the website. Surely there must be some discounted rate available. Any information about this?

The rate should be 79 bucks. And don't call him Shirley.

#23 7 years ago

Anyone bringing anything they would consider selling?

#24 7 years ago

One of my pet peeves is when obvious questions are asked that are answered in previous posts. And, Bam, that's what I go and ask anyway.

1 week later
    #25 7 years ago

Happy 2017 - LouArcEx is just 2 months away! Just saw the new flyer on the website and it's AWESOME, I hope posters will be available?

With that said... any word on guest and speaker lineups yet? That just might influence what I might decide to bring.

And speaking of which: what's everyone bringing to share? As for me, we moved to a new place which is more pin-friendly, but still makes getting them out of the house a very weather-dependent (and help available) affair, so no guarantees. But notwithstanding that, the ol' Aerobarge has comfy room for two, so: I could bring my Space Shuttle again but I'd like to have one of those German playfield protectors if so. I also have a newly fixed and shopped player's PinBot I could bring as trade bait - it looks nice, plays great and has the first "Red Shoulder Mod" seen 'round these parts. Only other games that might travel are Old Chicago and Space Station, or maybe even my dialed-in butter-fast Firepower (if I get a pf protector)... but I know other folks had those last year so I don't want to steal anyone's thunder (as if my old games have that kind of cachet, but whatever).

Anyone bringing a Bad Cats... and if so, maybe for sale/trade?

8 weeks to go so let's get this thread party started!

#26 7 years ago

Hotel booked. Still deciding on what game to bring, so I might check out the game lineup once it gets closer and bring something that won't be a duplicate. WCS or GOT Pro is what I'm thinking right now.

#27 7 years ago

I'm thinking of bringing my Gottlieb "Roller Coaster"

Pic from IPDB.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

I'm thinking of bringing my Gottlieb "Roller Coaster"
    Pic from IPDB.

Please do!

#29 7 years ago

Awesome! Can't wait! Would you all consider having a tech come by and maintain the machines? If so, I'd be happy to help!

#30 7 years ago

My current games are
    Big Guns
    Hook
    Getaway
    TMNT
    EATPM
    Space Shuttle
    Genesis

Were you the guy that had the new in box Genesis last year? Beautiful game!

#31 7 years ago

TMNT would be amazing to see!

#32 7 years ago

A buddy of mine could be bringing an Interflip Dragon EM. If he does, it will be for sale.

#33 7 years ago

Can't wait. Maybe I'll bring my Strange World.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Can't wait. Maybe I'll bring my Strange World.

That would be awesome!

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Were you the guy that had the new in box Genesis last year? Beautiful game!

I wish! Genesis is believe it or not a grail for me. I looked for years and finally got one 2 months ago. I have been fixing it up and still very few signs of life. Soon though!

#36 7 years ago

For some reason the code doesn't work for reservations and when I called they asked if I was group 5 or 6. WTF does that mean?

Scott

#37 7 years ago

I wish! Genesis is believe it or not a grail for me. I looked for years and finally got one 2 months ago. I have been fixing it up and still very few signs of life. Soon though!

Me too! I love that game! I even like the original translite! I love when Gottlieb had real pictures of people during their 80b days... it tells a part of history that is the 80's! Spring Break is hilarious to look at hahah I love them

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

For some reason the code doesn't work for reservations and when I called they asked if I was group 5 or 6. WTF does that mean?
    Scott

Sorry Scott - man, hotels can be a pain in the neck to deal with. Try using this link to book https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/ramada/louisville-kentucky/ramada-plaza-louisville/overview?propId=RA42611&rate_code=LKLA

If you are still having issues after that, send me a PM and I will get someone from the hotel to call you.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Sorry Scott - man, hotels can be a pain in the neck to deal with. Try using this link to book https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/ramada/louisville-kentucky/ramada-plaza-louisville/overview?propId=RA42611&rate_code=LKLA
    If you are still having issues after that, send me a PM and I will get someone from the hotel to call you.

I tried this link and I couldn't book a room either.

I just called them and got a reservation.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I tried this link and I couldn't book a room either.
    I just called them and got a reservation.

Sorry about that, that is why we usually just tell people to call. Although calling didn't work for Scott. I think there site is intermittent and it is impossible to get the hotel to straighten it out.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Sorry about that, that is why we usually just tell people to call. Although calling didn't work for Scott. I think there site is intermittent and it is impossible to get the hotel to straighten it out.

I just called and they were apprehensive about giving me the discount asking if I was part of the show or just attending. Told them I was bringing a game and they were fine with that and gave me the discount.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just called and they were apprehensive about giving me the discount asking if I was part of the show or just attending. Told them I was bringing a game and they were fine with that and gave me the discount.

I'll try calling again today - gotta go set up a BM66 LE first...

#43 7 years ago

Man, went for the first time last year and had a great time, but will be on a cruise during the show this time. Bummer.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'll try calling again today - gotta go set up a BM66 LE first...

Please have it for league!!!

#45 7 years ago

Any news on the PAPA tourney? Would like to register for that before booking the room. Thanks!

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Any news on the PAPA tourney? Would like to register for that before booking the room. Thanks!

It's herb format. No limit on number of participants. I wouldn't worry about it.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's herb format. No limit on number of participants. I wouldn't worry about it.

Cool. Thanks!

#48 7 years ago

Batman 66 would be awesome to play at Louisville!

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

I second that! How do I register?!

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

I second that! How do I register?!

chuckwurt a few posts above implies we just show up. Says there's no cap on registration.

And I, for one, trust anyone who uses a pic from Fletch as his avatar.

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-3-5-2017 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.