Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 400 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pic10 (resized).jpg
    dino (resized).jpg
    Houdini030318 (resized).jpg
    20180304_133244 (resized).jpg
    20180302_163726 (resized).jpg
    DDB4836A-3A7A-4C91-B454-7D6250F0C5FD (resized).jpeg
    20180304_183106 (resized).jpg
    3B7A308B-F4BA-4844-A26E-8144FA075DF1 (resized).jpeg
    80DECD60-6FDD-4F72-B3F7-17A6E7615AB0 (resized).jpeg
    29F83F2D-53EB-45C4-A9C9-4E6743488537 (resized).jpeg
    B8795706-121F-472A-8231-5A5E18AC0E1D (resized).jpeg
    9199D90F-ACAD-41EC-9B0E-80AC40D27A42 (resized).jpeg
    6A4CD9F1-881F-4E97-ABB7-FA9EF5580EC7 (resized).jpeg
    DDCD0716-B90A-4C4C-9748-671D1C71ECE4 (resized).jpeg
    C9EFA2B5-04DD-40A0-BB01-E69DCA6880AD (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1671 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VDrums2112.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 6 years ago

Sounds like it's going to be another banner year for LAX!

Since so many people ask me about it every year, I'm going to try my best to bring my Bally Space Invaders. Old Chicago and maybe Firepower will come too.

Sounds like the Flippin' Out Pinball booth is going to be the place to try all the new games... Thank you Larry!!!!

Phoebe, Varkon???

-Steve

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

So this will be the first year I'm not bringing any...

Slacker!!

-Steve

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from travisbmartin:

I'm in the same boat as futurepinhead. I want to bring 3 or 4 games this year, but I'm only able to bring one that I already arranged to sell

That's 1 more than Jared! LOL... I'll be giving him crap all weekend!

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Who’s bringing 80’s Gottlieb, Williams, Bally, Data East games?

I'm going try and bring Space Invaders, Firepower and Old Chicago.

-Steve

#68 6 years ago

The Triple Crown of Pinball - Race 2 is this Saturday February 10th at Zanzabar... Who's going?

Matt and Jeremy... Will Antz have games on free play for the tournament or is it coin drop?

-Steve

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

Actually we are going to credit them up during the tournament time.. So they will be on "free play" We will be covering the IFPA entry fee too!
    Hoping to see some new faces this Saturday at zbar!
    -Jeremy

Excellent! Now I just need to learn all the newer games that Zanzabar has... I expect to strike out rather quickly this time!

-Steve

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Any recommendations for lunch while were that Saturday.Dont say hotel restaurant we ate there last year so yeah not there

Quoted from t8tony8t:

There is a place right around the corner. Recbar. Open for lunch. Also have 31 pinball machines and over 50 Arcade machines. http://Www.recbarlouisville.com

Recbar is a must visit if you're from out of town. Excellent food menu and it's close to the show. If you want to venture out about 20-25 minutes, Zanzabar has an excellent menu too with lots of new Stern's to play (SW LE, BM66 SLE, TWD LE, etc.).

-Steve

#100 6 years ago

Wasn't there a '61 Gottlieb Egg Head there last year? Maybe it was the year before... I forget.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Chime in on my game to bring - I'm thinking Spectrum or Godzilla. I'm not sure about bringing Alien anywhere yet, and someone is already bringing TNA. Also could bring AS pro.
    Scott

I vote Spectrum!

-Steve

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from t8tony8t:

Looks like I might be bringing F-14 and Gottlieb Strikes and Spares as well as the other. These 2 probably will be for sale or trade.

A lot of people dis on the Gottlieb Strikes and Spares but I'm one of the few that really like it!

-Steve

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

I haven't seen a list of games that will be at the show on the website. I think I remember them having a list last year.

I'd imagine it's a tedious venture to keep it updated and to keep accurate. I know in the past I've let Matt and Jeremy know what I'm bringing and for whatever reason it changes. (game went down, waiting on parts, etc.)

-Steve

#155 6 years ago

Since I'll be transporting my games via pickup truck, I checked the extended forecast. It's looking really good for load-in day on March 1st!

Cloudy and 61 for the high. 35% chance of evening precipitation... I'll take it!

-Steve

#157 6 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Transit question guys.
    I am renting this to transport 6 machines:
    https://www.uhaul.com/Trucks/15ft-Moving-Truck-Rental/DC/
    I chose this truck since it has an on-board ramp and less obstructive wheel humps. So how do you guys pack the machines in the truck? Any thing I need to know when strapping them to the wall? Anything else I need to know?
    Thanks

Even the load of course, 3 on each side as close to the cab as possible. And I would use cardboard where the straps are.

Double check to make sure the truck has horizontal E-Strap rails though and the appropriate straps to go with it. Any U-Haul I’ve ever rented doesn’t have them.

I’m sure others can chime in with other tips and recommendations.

-Steve

#236 6 years ago

Aww man.... The weather isn't looking so good for bringing my games Thursday via pickup truck... pinballj and @loumatt, how early are you guys going to be there Friday morning?

-Steve

#249 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jamaster10:

depending on how far you are off I 65 I may have room in the trailer
    Best to call me 219-808-6063
    Pincades
    JT

Wow! Thanks for the offer JT, that's very generous of you... But even though I have a walk-out basement, with all the rain we've had and with more on the way Wed. and Thurs., the ground will be too wet to get a trailer in and out of there safely. Certainly wouldn't want to risk getting your trailer stuck just for a favor. Friday weather is going to be totally dry and perfect for getting my games there by pick-up. Thanks again, man!!

-Steve

#251 6 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Last few years always something weather related going on Thursday or Friday it seems.

Ya, the weather in Louisville is crazy unpredictable!.... One year we had tornados in the area on set up day. Another year was 8" of snow. This year it's flooding in the downtown area (not anywhere near the Expo BTW)... You just never know around here!

With that said, (for all you out of towners) all roads and expressways to get to the Ramada are clear and open.

-Steve

#253 6 years ago

LouMatt - Is the tourney Wednesday night all ages? Not sure what their alcohol to food ratio is.

-Steve

#260 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

Matt is a little busy, so I thought I would jump in
    It is all ages and starting at 7pm.
    Race Number 3 of the Triple Crown of Pinball! And like the others, this will be free admission (games on freeplay), and IFPA fees covered too.
    At Stadium Joe's in the front of the Ramada Hotel

Excellent Jeremy! See everyone tomorrow night!

Who else is going??

-Steve

#262 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

I can't wait lol! My daughters will not be there tomorrow being a school night. flipnout1 is going to be there at some point tomorrow night too.

I can't wait either! Derek and I were going to get up and play some music again this year but the guys that usually do the open stage are at another place doing an open stage tomorrow night. So it might just be us pinball folks! Which is fine, it won't be as loud in there as it was last year.

I hope Larry gets there early enough to put a game or two in the tourney.

-Steve

#288 6 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Anyone have any set up pics yet???

The only ones I’ve seen so far are on Brokentoken’s Facebook page.

-Steve

#322 6 years ago

Someone spilled something on @butterflygirl24’s Joust... It was probably THIS asshole! Ya, little dude, we know you just turned 21 and you’re drinking a beer... Congratulations!

C9EFA2B5-04DD-40A0-BB01-E69DCA6880AD (resized).jpegC9EFA2B5-04DD-40A0-BB01-E69DCA6880AD (resized).jpeg

#326 6 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Say something instead of posting on the internet? I'd be pissed if that was my machine. Show him how to hide it behind the front leg or something instead....

I didn’t have to. Someone else did while I was standing there.

#348 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

I brought a high end pin this year and all the people with drinks in their hand had me very worried. Hearing that there was an incident makes me second guess whether I ever want to bring a nice pin to this show again.

I believe the Joust incident was isolated. The game has a flat top(still no excuse though). The PBR/Dracula guy was the only guy all 3 days that I personally saw with a drink on a game... And thank you for bringing your high end pin. I’m sure I played it. It was my goal to play every pin (that was turned on) on the floor and I’m proud to say mission accomplished!!!!

-Steve

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VDrums2112.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-2-4-2018?tu=VDrums2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.