Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 400 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pic10 (resized).jpg
    dino (resized).jpg
    Houdini030318 (resized).jpg
    20180304_133244 (resized).jpg
    20180302_163726 (resized).jpg
    DDB4836A-3A7A-4C91-B454-7D6250F0C5FD (resized).jpeg
    20180304_183106 (resized).jpg
    3B7A308B-F4BA-4844-A26E-8144FA075DF1 (resized).jpeg
    80DECD60-6FDD-4F72-B3F7-17A6E7615AB0 (resized).jpeg
    29F83F2D-53EB-45C4-A9C9-4E6743488537 (resized).jpeg
    B8795706-121F-472A-8231-5A5E18AC0E1D (resized).jpeg
    9199D90F-ACAD-41EC-9B0E-80AC40D27A42 (resized).jpeg
    6A4CD9F1-881F-4E97-ABB7-FA9EF5580EC7 (resized).jpeg
    DDCD0716-B90A-4C4C-9748-671D1C71ECE4 (resized).jpeg
    C9EFA2B5-04DD-40A0-BB01-E69DCA6880AD (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1671 (resized).JPG
    There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 6 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Last few years always something weather related going on Thursday or Friday it seems.

Ya, the weather in Louisville is crazy unpredictable!.... One year we had tornados in the area on set up day. Another year was 8" of snow. This year it's flooding in the downtown area (not anywhere near the Expo BTW)... You just never know around here!

With that said, (for all you out of towners) all roads and expressways to get to the Ramada are clear and open.

-Steve

#252 6 years ago

I've been looking for a decent fish tales, let me know if anyone will have one for sale, I will be at the expo this weekend.

#253 6 years ago

LouMatt - Is the tourney Wednesday night all ages? Not sure what their alcohol to food ratio is.

-Steve

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

loumatt - Is the tourney Wednesday night all ages? Not sure what their alcohol to food ratio is.
    -Steve

Matt is a little busy, so I thought I would jump in
    It is all ages and starting at 7pm.
    Race Number 3 of the Triple Crown of Pinball! And like the others, this will be free admission (games on freeplay), and IFPA fees covered too.

At Stadium Joe's in the front of the Ramada Hotel

#255 6 years ago

Can someone tell me if parking is free at LAX? If not, parking cost?
    We have a situation where we all can not get there at the same time Saturday and may end up in four cars. So we were wondering about parking. Thanks.

#256 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Can someone tell me if parking is free at LAX? If not, parking cost?
    We have a situation where we all can not get there at the same time Saturday and may end up in four cars. So we were wondering about parking. Thanks.

It’s free. Just get there as early as possible and never move your car. You’ll lose your spot instantly.

#257 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s free. Just get there as early as possible and never move your car. You’ll lose your spot instantly.

Might really be crazy this year with all the rain they've had!

#258 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Might really be crazy this year with all the rain they've had!

I’m bringing a canoe

#259 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m bringing a canoe

Luckily the hotel / convention center parking lot has pretty good drainage. I am not sure about the big lot across the street though. I will try to remember to check that out tomorrow and post of it is good.

#260 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

Matt is a little busy, so I thought I would jump in
    It is all ages and starting at 7pm.
    Race Number 3 of the Triple Crown of Pinball! And like the others, this will be free admission (games on freeplay), and IFPA fees covered too.
    At Stadium Joe's in the front of the Ramada Hotel

Excellent Jeremy! See everyone tomorrow night!

Who else is going??

-Steve

#261 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Excellent Jeremy! See everyone tomorrow night!
    Who else is going??
    -Steve

I can't wait lol! My daughters will not be there tomorrow being a school night. flipnout1 is going to be there at some point tomorrow night too.

#262 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

I can't wait lol! My daughters will not be there tomorrow being a school night. flipnout1 is going to be there at some point tomorrow night too.

I can't wait either! Derek and I were going to get up and play some music again this year but the guys that usually do the open stage are at another place doing an open stage tomorrow night. So it might just be us pinball folks! Which is fine, it won't be as loud in there as it was last year.

I hope Larry gets there early enough to put a game or two in the tourney.

-Steve

#264 6 years ago

GOTG PRO FOE SALE : Matt over @ Back Alley Creations has a gotg that he basically took out of the box made a few measurements for future mods and added a couple to it presently. The game probably doesn't have 30 plays on it since it was opened. It can be put back in the box easily for transport. I believe he is asking 5200 with the few mods added.
    I can bring this with me if needed!!!

Pincades
    JT

#265 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

I can't wait either! Derek and I were going to get up and play some music again this year but the guys that usually do the open stage are at another place doing an open stage tomorrow night. So it might just be us pinball folks! Which is fine, it won't be as loud in there as it was last year.
    I hope Larry gets there early enough to put a game or two in the tourney.
    -Steve

The Stern games will be there today (Wednesday) so Matt and Jeremy will grab a SW and a BM66 to put into the tournament. We will be there tonight but planning on not doing to much work. Saving all that for tomorrow.

Larry

#266 6 years ago

looking to pickup a TORCH or a TOTEM to add to my system 1 collection

#267 6 years ago

Do any of you guys know what times are good for setup tomorrow night? I plan to bring my game after a gig tomorrow around 7:30 or so.

#268 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Do any of you guys know what times are good for setup tomorrow night? I plan to bring my game after a gig tomorrow around 7:30 or so.

I would suggest to get there as soon as you can. It takes longer to unload and set up a game than you think. If I remember correctly, security usually makes people clear out at midnight.

#269 6 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

The Stern games will be there today (Wednesday) so Matt and Jeremy will grab a SW and a BM66 to put into the tournament. We will be there tonight but planning on not doing to much work. Saving all that for tomorrow.
    Larry

If this is true that would be awesome. Some of the games that the PAPA guys have listed for the main bank are questionable at best. Surf n Safari, Shaq Attack, Flinstones, I'm looking at you!

#270 6 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If this is true that would be awesome. Some of the games that the PAPA guys have listed for the main bank are questionable at best. Surf n Safari, Shaq Attack, Flinstones, I'm looking at you!

No keep Shaq attack it helped me win PPO last year I want to shoot the basket some more.

#271 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

No keep Shaq attack it helped me win PPO last year I want to shoot the basket some more.

Ha. Last night at league Tim Street said he's not going to bother learning the rules on these obscure games. He said he was just going to ask Aleksander. LOL

#272 6 years ago

Well crap. Trucking company can't get the games to the hotel today because they don't have a lift gate truck available till tomorrow. No dock at the hotel. I could unload them with the Escalera but I won't get there in time tonight to do it either so looks like its tomorrow. Sorry I tried.

Larry

#273 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m bringing a canoe

Is that an EM or a Solid State? Home Use Only? See ya in two days, buddy!

#274 6 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Is that an EM or a Solid State? Home Use Only? See ya in two days, buddy!

Prototype. Got it from the original designer. Great guy. Fashioned it out of one piece of wood.

#275 6 years ago

Sorry for off topic: what’s the name of the hotel directly beside it behind the pavilion? I’d been on fence about staying or coming in and then leaving and I sure do not want to stay in the Ramada. The other hotel was much much nice looking. Was it a Marriott?

#276 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Prototype. Got it from the original designer. Great guy. Fashioned it out of one piece of wood.

Whatever. Bet it doesn't even say "Supreme" on it.

#277 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikep28:

Sorry for off topic: what’s the name of the hotel directly beside it behind the pavilion? I’d been on fence about staying or coming in and then leaving and I sure do not want to stay in the Ramada. The other hotel was much much nice looking. Was it a Marriott?

Marriott Louisville East.

#278 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikep28:

Courtyard Marriott on the other side of the Interstate is under $100 a night w/ breakfast, much cheaper than the Marriott.

#279 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Whatever. Bet it doesn't even say "Supreme" on it.

Wait till you see my LW3. You’ll be able to see it from your hotel room.

#281 6 years ago

Yes sir. Might help you put up another score on one of my games. PAPA CHAMP still lives on GOT. Gotta return the favor on your game.

#282 6 years ago

I'm bringing Sopranos with me on Friday. It will be for sale. No price yet.

#283 6 years ago

Houdini is ready with new code and inside art blades installed and ready for play!
    I will update what im bringing later in the day.

Just a reminder I will have room on the way down! If some one needs something last minute.

Pincades
    JT

#284 6 years ago

Hey, just for clarification. This is my first tournament and I was wondering if we have to be there on Friday at 2 to get in or can we join later? Just need to know what time I should leave home. Thanks!

#285 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Hey, just for clarification. This is my first tournament and I was wondering if we have to be there on Friday at 2 to get in or can we join later? Just need to know what time I should leave home. Thanks!

You can get in anytime before the finals start Saturday night......

#286 6 years ago

Anyone have any set up pics yet???

#287 6 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

You can get in anytime before the finals start Saturday night......

Thanks

#288 6 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Anyone have any set up pics yet???

The only ones I’ve seen so far are on Brokentoken’s Facebook page.

-Steve

#289 6 years ago

Was there earlier unboxing my game from Flip n Out. Lots of games were already there. Looks like its gonna be a great time. JJPOTC and Houdini are there. Too bad none were powered up yet.

#290 6 years ago

Just in case anyone has any last minute pickups I'm leaving Northwest Indiana headed to the show 219-808-6063 if you need something picked up on the way

Houdini Funhouse and Lord of the Rings in tow

See you at the show

Pincades
    JT

#291 6 years ago

What time will doors open today?
    Thx

#292 6 years ago

Headed to work all packed up! See everyone tonight!40E0898D-AEEF-476E-A33C-073E6E8429D0 (resized).jpeg40E0898D-AEEF-476E-A33C-073E6E8429D0 (resized).jpeg

#293 6 years ago

In honor of LAX PINSTADIUM is offering 10% off and FREE shipping in the US this weekend only!

8AF66366-5C8B-4880-8CD6-58704B29F9F9 (resized).png8AF66366-5C8B-4880-8CD6-58704B29F9F9 (resized).png

#294 6 years ago

Pincades is in the building at the show
    Come on by and play some Houdini

Pincades

20180302_111255 (resized).jpg20180302_111255 (resized).jpg

#296 6 years ago

Very impressed with Houdini.

20180302_161603 (resized).jpg20180302_161603 (resized).jpg

#297 6 years ago

Read and obey

20180302_183558 (resized).jpg20180302_183558 (resized).jpg

#298 6 years ago

Ugg, I never thought about that. How many of those bringing machines do a Clorox wipe down post-show? I've seen way too many people at past shows take a #2 and not even wash their hands....

Where are the pics peoples for those not able to come this weekend? Would love to see!

#299 6 years ago

Matt and Jeremy were kind enough to have giant bottles of sanitizer at the front desk! I made a few stops by there today ha ha

#300 6 years ago

I want a count of all that get sick in the 3 days post-show and tie in with that other thread about whether or not you got the flu shot this year

There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-2-4-2018/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.