Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 400 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pic10 (resized).jpg
    dino (resized).jpg
    Houdini030318 (resized).jpg
    20180304_133244 (resized).jpg
    20180302_163726 (resized).jpg
    DDB4836A-3A7A-4C91-B454-7D6250F0C5FD (resized).jpeg
    20180304_183106 (resized).jpg
    3B7A308B-F4BA-4844-A26E-8144FA075DF1 (resized).jpeg
    80DECD60-6FDD-4F72-B3F7-17A6E7615AB0 (resized).jpeg
    29F83F2D-53EB-45C4-A9C9-4E6743488537 (resized).jpeg
    B8795706-121F-472A-8231-5A5E18AC0E1D (resized).jpeg
    9199D90F-ACAD-41EC-9B0E-80AC40D27A42 (resized).jpeg
    6A4CD9F1-881F-4E97-ABB7-FA9EF5580EC7 (resized).jpeg
    DDCD0716-B90A-4C4C-9748-671D1C71ECE4 (resized).jpeg
    C9EFA2B5-04DD-40A0-BB01-E69DCA6880AD (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1671 (resized).JPG

There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Can you bring Portillo's for everyone?

Giordano's would also suffice

#202 6 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

Wouldn't we all?

Hey, don't hurt to ask.......Alabama and the southeast in general are a wasteland for project pins compared to IL and the northeast.....

#203 6 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Hey, don't hurt to ask.......Alabama and the southeast in general are a wasteland for project pins compared to IL and the northeast.....

There's that one guy in Alabama (Mike I think?) who seems to get all the pins. He's always posting on FB about his truckloads of pins.

#204 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are they for sale? Would look great in my basement. Haha

Don't be shorting me on space... ha ha

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Giordano's would also suffice

I'd rather Lou Malnati's if we're going pizza but beggars can't be choosers!

#206 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

'd rather Lou Malnati's if we're going pizza but beggars can't be choosers

I’ve eaten both many times but Pequod's is better than both of them IMHO.

#207 6 years ago

Ok guys, lookin for some opinions here. I've never shopped out a machine. And I'm a huge procrastinator. Can a noob with minimal tools get I500 shopped out in a week? I do have the time and all the rubbers, leds, etc, just not sure if I have the skill set. Plus, I've already bought my tix. I guess I could sell them to someone. Or I could bring MET or ACDC. Or my personal favorite, just bring me lol. Anybody have an opinion? I'm all ears...

#208 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ok guys, lookin for some opinions here. I've never shopped out a machine. And I'm a huge procrastinator. Can a noob with minimal tools get I500 shopped out in a week? I do have the time and all the rubbers, leds, etc, just not sure if I have the skill set. Plus, I've already bought my tix. I guess I could sell them to someone. Or I could bring MET or ACDC. Or my personal favorite, just bring me lol. Anybody have an opinion? I'm all ears...

It will take 10-20 hours if you’re experienced. I would not rush it especially since it’s uour first time. In addition to wearing rubbers, just take your time and take a bazillion pictures as you take everything off to clean. Just take everything off the top of the playfield, clean, replace rubbers and bulbs and put everything back on.

Key is tons of pictures and putting all the parts into baggies and label them. Only put small sections of the playfield into bags and that way you know that those parts go to that area of the playfield. And when you think you’ve taken enough pictures, take more.

Bring AC/DC to the show. Haha

#209 6 years ago

I wouldn’t start a shop job a week before and I’ve done over 90 of them. You will get stuck and feel pressured to finish and that’s just a terrible recipe for disaster.

#210 6 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I'm bringing the non-working Sinbad.

#211 6 years ago

Thinking of selling my Hobbit Smaug. I do love it, so I'm still on the fence and just trying to gauge interest. I will be attending arcade expo next weekend so I could deliver it there. Let me know if you or someone you know would be interested.

I purchased from flipnout1 Larry and it's in excellent condition. Some mods include:
    - LOTR ring shooter rod
    - Pingraffix pinblades
    - Gold LED trough lighting
    - Gold LED backboard lighting
    - Full set of Cliffy's (these were a PITA to install on this game!)
    - Gold ring plate and button
    - 4 barrel spotlights (not installed yet)

Hollywoodbone Greg from SDTM has played it and said it's one of the nicest he's seen.

IMG_3041 (resized).JPGIMG_3041 (resized).JPG

IMG_7017 (resized).JPGIMG_7017 (resized).JPG

#212 6 years ago
    Quoted from bgwilly31:

Hey all i should be there sunday. Looking to add another to my collection. Really eyeballing The hobbit right now.
    But im also interested in aerosmith Premium or SW premium.

bgwilly31 I just saw this post. Take a look at my previous post about gauging interest in selling my Hobbit and let me know if you are interested.

#213 6 years ago
    Quoted from foobeer:

Thinking of selling my Hobbit Smaug. I do love it, so I'm still on the fence and just trying to gauge interest. I will be attending arcade expo next weekend so I could deliver it there. Let me know if you or someone you know would be interested.
    I purchased from flipnout1 Larry and it's in excellent condition. Some mods include:
    - LOTR ring shooter rod
    - Pingraffix pinblades
    hollywoodbone Greg from SDTM has played it and said it's one of the nicest he's seen.

;( boy oh boy that sure is beautiful. I bet you’d be sad to see it go

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from comment23:

There's that one guy in Alabama (Mike I think?) who seems to get all the pins. He's always posting on FB about his truckloads of pins.

Know Mike well......he does have great connections.

#215 6 years ago

Anyone interested in a populated (underside) comet playfield? $100 shoot me a pm and i can bring it to the show.

#216 6 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I’ve eaten both many times but Pequod's is better than both of them IMHO.

It's now on the list for me to try next time I'm up there.

#217 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

It's now on the list for me to try next time I'm up there.

Hell yes, I love their pan pizza with Italian beef and pepperoni. I have to wait two years to eat there again since I couldn’t go to expo last year. It’s so damn good. Takes about three hours counting travel time and eating there from the hotel at expo but it is so worth it. They do not take reservations and the place is small.

#218 6 years ago
    Quoted from foobeer:

- LOTR ring shooter rod
    - Pingraffix pinblades
    hollywoodbone Greg from SDTM has played it and said it's one of the nicest he's seen.

Really is beautiful! It’s setting right next to a Dialed in and for some reason I couldn’t stop playing hobbit long enough! It actually made me want one!

#219 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks for the input guys. I'm bringing the non-working Sinbad.

So what's not working? Be happy to lend a hand if it's something I can figure out.

#220 6 years ago

That was a (bad) joke, but it's the operator that's not working lol. I have the Pascal board and a Kruzman pf to put in it. Next year I'll be bringing that gem. But thank you brother, I appreciate that. Prob gonna bring MET if I can get all my Christopher Cross and Air Supply loaded into it.

#221 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

That was a (bad) joke, but it's the operator that's not working lol. I have the Pascal board and a Kruzman pf to put in it. Next year I'll be bringing that gem. But thank you brother, I appreciate that. Prob gonna bring MET if I can get all my Christopher Cross and Air Supply loaded into it.

But you promised me Hall and Oates?

#222 6 years ago

AND......
    Hall and Oates
    (Because your KISS is on my list)

#223 6 years ago

Of the worst things in life....LOL

#224 6 years ago

Listening to Maneater.
    So much solid mf gold to wade through not sure how I'll ever narrow it down to just 3 or 4 tracks.

#225 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Listening to Maneater.
    So much solid mf gold to wade through not sure how I'll ever narrow it down to just 3 or 4 tracks.

Dude, next weekend try to find me. I’ll probaly be wearing a Maiden or Gottlieb shirt hahah

#226 6 years ago

Anyone bringing any parts for sale? I'm becoming a hoarder of boards...

#227 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Dude, next weekend try to find me. I’ll probaly be wearing a Maiden or Gottlieb shirt hahah

Gryzz will be the guy asleep at 9 pm Saturday.

#228 6 years ago

Is there a list of vendors?

#229 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Can you bring Portillo's for everyone?

LOL I brought White castles one year out east to a show. dam did my trailer smell like onions

MAYBE a funhouse and lotr huo coming with me!!!!

#230 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jamaster10:

MAYBE a funhouse and lotr huo coming with me!!!!

Yes! My wife and I would love to play a nice lotr again! There are simply none available for play around the Indianapolis area.

#231 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gryzz will be the guy asleep at 9 pm Saturday.

Austin-powers (resized).jpgAustin-powers (resized).jpg

#232 6 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

Looking forward to this show again. It's what got me collecting.
    Still not sure what I'm going to bring.

PLEASE try to bring Diamond Lady

#233 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

PLEASE try to bring Diamond Lady

Diamond Lady is still in pieces... it won't make it to the show this time around.

it'll be GB Premium and GoTG Premium this year. With a bit of luck, GoTG will have the Cleland soundtrack and call outs.

#234 6 years ago

copied from tiltforums.......... This is for the Stern Pro Circuit tourney at LAX

We still need volunteers for next weekend’s event! You can earn $20 in credit to play in this tournament for every hour you work (minimum of two to two and a half). That’s $40 or $50 in entries per shift!

To volunteer, please send an email to [email protected] with your name and the shift(s) you want to work. First come, first served. This list will be updated with the available number per shift.

Friday, March 2 -
    2:15pm - 4:45pm - FULL! Angela Pecora, Bre Reynolds, Matt Stacks, Adam Peacock, Rodney Minch
    4:30pm - 7:00pm - 4 more people needed - Will Krusa
    6:45pm - 9:15pm - 3 more people needed - Alex Harmon, Dominic Kacich
    9:00pm - 11:45pm - 4 more people needed - Evan Bingham

Saturday, March 3 -
    10:15am - 12:15pm - 4 more people needed - Kurt John
    12:00pm - 2:00pm - 4 more people needed - Bre Reynolds
    1:45pm - 3:45pm - 3 more people needed - Will Krusa, Shannon Moody
    3:30pm - 5:30pm - 5 people needed
    5:15pm - 7:15pm - 3 people needed
    7:00pm - 9:00pm - 2 more people needed - Whayne Rouse
    8:45pm - 10:00pm - 2 more people needed - Whayne Rouse

#235 6 years ago

I plan to be at the expo Friday and I have a couple EM's to sell if anyone is interested. I have a working Williams Lucky Strike and a Sonic Super Straight project machine. I can bring to the expo with a commitment to buy. PM for pictures or info...

#236 6 years ago

Aww man.... The weather isn't looking so good for bringing my games Thursday via pickup truck... pinballj and @loumatt, how early are you guys going to be there Friday morning?

-Steve

#237 6 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

Diamond Lady is still in pieces... it won't make it to the show this time around.
    it'll be GB Premium and GoTG Premium this year. With a bit of luck, GoTG will have the Cleland soundtrack and call outs.

Nice! Haha Diamond Lady is a pin I need to play and add to my collection later on

#238 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Aww man.... The weather isn't looking so good for bringing my games Thursday via pickup truck... pinballj and loumatt, how early are you guys going to be there Friday morning?
    -Steve

PM sent

#239 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Aww man.... The weather isn't looking so good for bringing my games Thursday via pickup truck... pinballj and loumatt, how early are you guys going to be there Friday morning?
    -Steve

depending on how far you are off I 65 I may have room in the trailer
    Best to call me 219-808-6063

Pincades
    JT

#240 6 years ago

Room booked yesterday now to get wheels ready for the road trip . News said wettest Feb on record with lots of flooding in Kentucky so hopping this wont cause problems for the show and attendes

#241 6 years ago

Man downtown Louisville looks rough with all the flooding. Do any locals know if the Troll Pub is shut down?

#242 6 years ago

I got the green light to attend! Looking forward to it. Should be there Friday and Saturday. Do people generally bring games to sell to this show?

#243 6 years ago

4 days. Can't wait.

#244 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

I got the green light to attend! Looking forward to it. Should be there Friday and Saturday. Do people generally bring games to sell to this show?

There’s usually a fair amount of games for sale. My LW3 will probably be for sale.

#245 6 years ago

Last year it seemed like almost everything that was for sale was sold by Saturday, even despite prices we'd usually scoff at. A lot of the sold games were even removed by Sat night. Get there early if you're hoping to go shopping.

#246 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s usually a fair amount of games for sale. My LW3 will probably be for sale.

Not really a good show to sell at - I had one good year the 2nd year where I sold 3, but haven't sold anything since.

#247 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What are you looking to get out of it?

#248 6 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

What are you looking to get out of it?

Not sure yet. I’ve had it for a while so not sure on the market. Have to research a bit.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Not really a good show to sell at - I had one good year the 2nd year where I sold 3, but haven't sold anything since.

Not too worried about it. I don’t sell anything too often. Haha

#249 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jamaster10:

depending on how far you are off I 65 I may have room in the trailer
    Best to call me 219-808-6063
    Pincades
    JT

Wow! Thanks for the offer JT, that's very generous of you... But even though I have a walk-out basement, with all the rain we've had and with more on the way Wed. and Thurs., the ground will be too wet to get a trailer in and out of there safely. Certainly wouldn't want to risk getting your trailer stuck just for a favor. Friday weather is going to be totally dry and perfect for getting my games there by pick-up. Thanks again, man!!

-Steve

#250 6 years ago

Last few years always something weather related going on Thursday or Friday it seems.

There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-2-4-2018/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.