Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 400 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pic10 (resized).jpg
    dino (resized).jpg
    Houdini030318 (resized).jpg
    20180304_133244 (resized).jpg
    20180302_163726 (resized).jpg
    DDB4836A-3A7A-4C91-B454-7D6250F0C5FD (resized).jpeg
    20180304_183106 (resized).jpg
    3B7A308B-F4BA-4844-A26E-8144FA075DF1 (resized).jpeg
    80DECD60-6FDD-4F72-B3F7-17A6E7615AB0 (resized).jpeg
    29F83F2D-53EB-45C4-A9C9-4E6743488537 (resized).jpeg
    B8795706-121F-472A-8231-5A5E18AC0E1D (resized).jpeg
    9199D90F-ACAD-41EC-9B0E-80AC40D27A42 (resized).jpeg
    6A4CD9F1-881F-4E97-ABB7-FA9EF5580EC7 (resized).jpeg
    DDCD0716-B90A-4C4C-9748-671D1C71ECE4 (resized).jpeg
    C9EFA2B5-04DD-40A0-BB01-E69DCA6880AD (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1671 (resized).JPG
    There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 6 years ago

The 8th Annual Louisville Arcade Expo is being held once again at the Ramada Plaza in Louisville, KY, March 2-4 2018. Three days of retro gaming - including pinball, video arcades, classic consoles and computers. We'll have costume contests, console tournaments, music, seminars, a charity raffle, and more!

We have a room rate of $79.95 at the Ramada Plaza which is conveniently located at the corner of I-64 and Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville Ky (9700 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY 40299). The hotel has an airport shuttle, so fly in, take the shuttle, and have a good time. The hotel is located near many restaurants and other activities. To reserve a room, just give them a call and mention you are attending our show 1-502-491-4830 - or Click HERE.

We are super excited to welcome Dwight Sullivan as our featured speaker this year! A lot of people involved with the show are in IT, and are looking forward to welcoming him to Kentucky.

Once again some of our awesome friends at PAPA/ReplayFX are running our pinball tourney again. If you play in tournaments anywhere, please remember to thank the people who run them!

Bring a full size pinball or arcade video game for free play and get a free admission for each game you bring! Give us a heads up and let us know what games you are planning on bringing to help with our layout planning. You can either just post in this thread, PM me, or send an email to [email protected] (we'll figure out the list from these sources) For every game you bring and every day the game is at the show in playing condition, you will be entered into a drawing for door prizes. Last year we gave away a lot of awesome stuff, like soldering stations, tools, stuff from Marco, stuff from Stern, Jersey Jack, Pinball life, CPR etc... we even gave away a Gorgar project someone donated to us last year.

Pre-Register and save! Visit our website for more information: http://www.LouisvilleArcade.com
    Find us on facebook at facebook.com/LouisvilleArcade or twitter @arcaderx
    We'll post additional announcements online and in this thread.

Thanks and we're looking forward to seeing everyone again!

#2 6 years ago

What are the dates/times for the pinball tournament?

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

What are the dates/times for the pinball tournament?

For the Main tournament - subject to change of course - Qualifying is usually just about all day Fri (2pm to midnight), Sat (10am to maybe 11pm)..with finals on Sunday morning.

Classics - Qualifying (2 - midnight Fri), Sat (10 am to around 5 or 6 I think) then the Classic finals start Sat night. We'll have a more exact schedule posted closer to the show.

There will be a PinGolf Tourney on Sunday morning as well, and perhaps another side tournament at some point.

#4 6 years ago

YAY for the best show in the Midwest!

#5 6 years ago

I’m pumped. I am coming regardless but I am hoping to bring a game this year. Life has gotten in the way the last couple of years.

#6 6 years ago

Super excited, this is my yearly must-do event. I'm still just a non-owner enthusiast, but the wife and I are hoping to get our first machine next year.

#7 6 years ago

I'll be there! Last year you guys had a one of the nicest assortment of pins yet.

I've gone each year and it keeps getting better, and busier. FYI, best time to avoid lines at the pins is Friday afternoon.

#8 6 years ago

My favorite show of the year!! I’ll be there late Friday through the rest of the weekend as always. Just gotta decide what game to bring!

So pumped Dwight will be there!

#9 6 years ago

Looking forward to kicking off the new year with a great show

#10 6 years ago

We will rock the Gazebo for yet another year... long as security doesn't mind.. lol

#11 6 years ago

Looking forward to this show again. It's what got me collecting.

Still not sure what I'm going to bring.

#12 6 years ago

Definately going. Just not sure what all to take.

#13 6 years ago

I'll be there for sure. I'll probably bring Rob Zombie or Centaur.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

I'll be there for sure. I'll probably bring Rob Zombie or Centaur.

Both! Haha

#15 6 years ago

Unless I'm traveling for work, I'll be there!

#16 6 years ago

Thinking about it. Will see if anything pops up in a month or two.

#17 6 years ago

Pincades
    will possibly be there
    We sell American Pinball's Houdini
    We also sell All Jersey Jack Pinball machines as well.
    We will have inventory with us for sale.
    Pincades is located in IN (no tax out of state sales) save $$$$$$
    Give us a shout to pre order a game for the show.
    We will keep you posted on inventory availability.

JT

#18 6 years ago

Room is booked. Can't wait!

#19 6 years ago

Flip N Out Pinball will be there again for the 5th or 6th year now. Exciting news for this coming show. We have partnered with Marco like we did at the Nashville show to bring more games. Beginning in January we will be offering show special pricing for new Sterns that will be opened at the show and then sold at the end of the show. This is a great deal for someone looking for the latest Stern game. All current production titles will be available to buy. Here's the deal. Contact us before the show to reserve your game. Payment must be made before the show unless we make a special arrangement. Your game will be delivered to the show, unboxed, and setup for everyone to play. At the end of the show you can take it home with you. You will be responsible for the tear down and packing at the end of the show. The pricing will reflect that these will be used at the show. In Nashville we brought a bunch of Star Wars. Aerosmith, Batman 66 and other current titles. We home to bring more to Louisville and also the other manufacturers games we sell. American Pinball Houdini, JJP games (hopefully a Pirates) and any Chicago Gaming games we have in stock at the time.

Our booth will be bigger than ever. We can also bring accessories for sale and will have playfield glass there.

Looking forward to another great show. Its always a great time and if Donna and I can get in our room at night it will be even better! LOL

Larry
    Flipnoutpinball.com

#20 6 years ago

Anyone gonna be awesome and bring a TNA?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ohh snap! I hope so.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I get mine in time - maybe...

#23 6 years ago

Will probably bring my TNA. Unfortunately, my pre-order number is 149. I doubt it will be ready by early March.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from knobstone:

Will probably bring my TNA. Unfortunately, my pre-order number is 149. I doubt it will be ready by early March.

Mine is 167 so you are in a better position than me.

#25 6 years ago

If someone brings a TNA, I'll bring this lady.

IMG_20171227_194936798 (resized).jpgIMG_20171227_194936798 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #26 6 years ago

Hougie if you're cool with it, I can bring my Rob Zombie as well.

I think I'll bring Bride 2.0 and Doctor Who again. Maybe a couple others depending on what I can get done in the next few months.

Kind of bittersweet this year. I got a baby on the way in June so I may have to miss out a few upcoming years

#27 6 years ago

I'm so excited for this. It will be my first show. Looking forward to seeing all the different pins and tons of vendors.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

If someone brings a TNA, I'll bring this lady.

I can see Fathom, Spirit and Seawitch all in line... the cincy line that is... or am i allowed to call it cincy/ nky line.. does that get me in trouble

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

I can see Fathom, Spirit and Seawitch all in line... the cincy line that is... or am i allowed to call it cincy/ nky line.. does that get me in trouble

We usually call it the Cincy Group...but you can call it whatever you want, that is fine by us. Thanks again to everyone who brings games to our show! You guys and gals rock!

#30 6 years ago

We're doing a series of three pinball tournaments around Louisville before the show, to try and help get some new people into playing pinball. This series of tournaments held around the Louisville area are free and open to all ages. Prizes will be given for each event and a grand champion awarded for who does best in the three events. Each tournament will be a 3 strikes tournament and all results will be submitted to IFPA.

Triple Crown Pinball schedule:
    1/14 3pm (Sunday) - Race 1: Recbar
    2/10 2pm (Saturday) - Race 2: Zanzabar
    2/28 7pm (Wednesday) - Race 3: Stadium Joe's (Bar at the Ramada Plaza hotel where the show is hosted)

More details / addresses of locations are posted on the IFPA calendar.

If you are looking for even more pinball to play before the show, Zanzabar has a Tuesday night tournament each week as well.

#31 6 years ago

Thinking of maybe attending..First timers... Can you give us a rough guess on the number of pins at your show... THX> Any amount will be great!!!. LOL NT...

#32 6 years ago

Can not wait. Love the mix of pins, vids, consoles, and more!

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

Thinking of maybe attending..First timers... Can you give us a rough guess on the number of pins at your show... THX> Any amount will be great!!!. LOL NT...

Don’t think. Just go. Haha

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

I can prob find the list from last year, but we had approx 130 pins at the show, and about 120 arcades. It is extremely hard to guess how many there will be any year, especially since the weather is the #1 factor of what shows up. Louisville has unpredictable weather in March lol. I remember a few years back it was warm loading in, and by Sunday we were snowed / iced in with the trucks!

#35 6 years ago

Thx Pinsiders. Great comments. NT..

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jamaster10:

Pincades
    will possibly be there
    We sell American Pinball's Houdini
    We also sell All Jersey Jack Pinball machines as well.
    We will have inventory with us for sale.
    Pincades is located in IN (no tax out of state sales) save $$$$$$
    Give us a shout to pre order a game for the show.
    We will keep you posted on inventory availability.
    JT

Room is booked!
    Will up date inventory im bring at a later date.
    Pincades

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

a few years back it was warm loading in, and by Sunday we were snowed / iced in with the trucks!

Yeah, and the opposite happens too, like in 2015 when 2.5 feet of snow dropped for Thurs/Friday... and was all melted by Sunday!

#38 6 years ago

.....and my boss just scheduled a work trip during this weekend.

#39 6 years ago

Looking forward to another great year at LAX...now what to bring...hrm....

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Flip N Out Pinball will be there again for the 5th or 6th year now. Exciting news for this coming show. We have partnered with Marco like we did at the Nashville show to bring more games. Beginning in January we will be offering show special pricing for new Sterns that will be opened at the show and then sold at the end of the show. This is a great deal for someone looking for the latest Stern game. All current production titles will be available to buy. Here's the deal. Contact us before the show to reserve your game. Payment must be made before the show unless we make a special arrangement. Your game will be delivered to the show, unboxed, and setup for everyone to play. At the end of the show you can take it home with you. You will be responsible for the tear down and packing at the end of the show. The pricing will reflect that these will be used at the show. In Nashville we brought a bunch of Star Wars. Aerosmith, Batman 66 and other current titles. We home to bring more to Louisville and also the other manufacturers games we sell. American Pinball Houdini, JJP games (hopefully a Pirates) and any Chicago Gaming games we have in stock at the time.
    Our booth will be bigger than ever. We can also bring accessories for sale and will have playfield glass there.
    Looking forward to another great show. Its always a great time and if Donna and I can get in our room at night it will be even better! LOL
    Larry
    Flipnoutpinball.com

Update to the above post. We now have pricing for the Sterns that will be offered at the show. Contact me for that pricing. These games will come direct from Stern just for this show so I will need advance notice in order to make sure yours will be there.
    Also a POTC will be available from JJP to play as well as at least one Houdini.

#41 6 years ago

Can a shorter 6 year old be allowed to bring in a little step booster (plastic) to see the playfields better? Will this be allowed through the door?

#42 6 years ago

Been waiting a year to get back to this show. Had so much fun last year with my kids. This year my wife even wants to go! Can't wait!

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Can a shorter 6 year old be allowed to bring in a little step booster (plastic) to see the playfields better? Will this be allowed through the door?

They have always been "pro kid" at this show. I've seen quite a few parents carrying one around. Check out the contests for kids as well.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Of course! We are a kid friendly show. We actually have stools available as well, but sometimes they are all in use. There is a kid's costume contest usually on Sat at noon. The kids love it... (we give them all a prize)

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from comment23:

.....and my boss just scheduled a work trip during this weekend.

Tell your boss schedule one in Louisville instead!

#46 6 years ago

Got my room booked up for the long weekend! Will be there Thurs and always willing to lend a hand.

Not sure what I'm bringing this year... a pending project acquisition changed my original plans. Was leaning toward bringing Big Hurt for sale, but might have to sell that before the show. Was planning same for PinBot too, but might have to keep that to help the project. I probably won't know 'til week-of like always, ha.

Hopefully the yard is dry when loading time comes around.

1 week later
    #47 6 years ago

Does anybody know if there might be an Apollo 13 machine at this show?

#48 6 years ago

Sounds like it's going to be another banner year for LAX!

Since so many people ask me about it every year, I'm going to try my best to bring my Bally Space Invaders. Old Chicago and maybe Firepower will come too.

Sounds like the Flippin' Out Pinball booth is going to be the place to try all the new games... Thank you Larry!!!!

Phoebe, Varkon???

-Steve

#49 6 years ago

I'll be there, but with my new location all my games are accounted for. So this will be the first year I'm not bringing any...
    I feel like an imposter haha. But I'll be there and I'll have my tools with me and will be happy to help fix what I can with other people's games.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

So this will be the first year I'm not bringing any...

Slacker!!

-Steve

There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-2-4-2018 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.