(Topic ID: 330150)

Louisville Arcade Expo 2023 (March 10th-12th, 2023)

By CoreyStup

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A0B87D0D-987C-4EC3-89B0-96C26E2378F2 (resized).jpeg
    8118F972-BD21-4D11-B45B-E27BCB4E9AC8 (resized).jpeg
    E0BD068F-37C4-4FCA-BC4A-2F3C30E952CC (resized).jpeg
    20230316_194257 (resized).jpg
    20230316_194345 (resized).jpg
    20230316_194347 (resized).jpg
    20230316_193754 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230312_182458978 (resized).jpg
    D744F227-02B2-4D29-B944-801141823AB1 (resized).jpeg
    5AE6D01F-A5E0-4077-9EE3-1A1C11BF397F (resized).jpeg
    2E062DBA-BA9E-4974-ABA2-3EE048F99582 (resized).jpeg
    D7509ACC-B938-46D1-9D7D-F4CADF8580C8 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20230310_185507470 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230309_231648194 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230309_231650209 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230309_231658571 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago

Woops, I started a thread last night because this one got buried and I missed it... d'oh! Typical LAX: always flying under the radar!

So lets's get some proper hype chatter going: who's bringing (or wanting) what? I'm planning to bring a Diner restored with special touches. And probably that Devil Riders I still have (someone make me an offer already haha).

At any rate it's just over 5 weeks away, let's get excited... I for one can't wait!

4 weeks later
    #40 1 year ago

Will any distros have new standard pf glass for sale? My project could use a nice new sheet to finish it off.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Tilt usually has a supply. Also check with the Recbar guys. They sell sheets as well.

"Usually", yes. And I've happily bought from both! But some years go dry, and the stashes usually sell FAST. So a heads-up is nice

Quoted from Ollulanus:

I probably have one I can bring if needed. Replaced a few with invisible recently and it's starting to pile up. PM me and I can see what I have if you want.
    Best way to finish a project is a sheet of invisi or voodoo though

So I have heard, but I honestly can't recall if I've ever played a game with anti-glare glass. Even the JJPs and LE's I've played had glare. And while my restos and customs are nice and I'm proud of them... I'm not sure they're *that* nice? $300 typically goes a lot further than glass in my end of the pool

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'm in need of 28.5" black textured legs (Capcom or short DE)

I have some spare/old leg sets I was planning to bring for sale. LMK if these would work for you:

- 28.5", single-rib corner, gray hammer-like finish. They came off a Bally Night Rider, no idea if original... They weren't perfect but mostly OK, I mainly replaced them because a 70's big rig should have lots of CHROME, duh
    - 28.5" mismatched set of two flat, and two single-rib, all painted smooth black (flat finish) by a previous owner of my Space Station. I never realized the ribs were different 'til I dug them out just now! Used/Cosmetically imperfect with some scratches and the like but overwhelmingly "black". Could probably strip easily and/or simply respray with hammer finish paint.

Also have a set of 70's Gottlieb tall (31") legs, sanded and prepped in oxide primer. I... honestly don't know why I kept these?? I should have put them on El Dorado when I sold it, oops.

#61 1 year ago

I have done BYO every year, since 2015. Be discreet, not a jackass, and you'll be just fine.

Quoted from Ollulanus:

Louisville usually has power though

Haha, it just occurred to me that had LAX stayed with its "traditional" FIRST-weekend-of-March schedule, it may very well NOT have had power last weekend. That storm was ridiculous!

#65 1 year ago

Loaded up and heading out as soon as the 15yo is ready... can't wait!

20230309_102406 (resized).jpg20230309_102406 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #104 1 year ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

That Diner pin was over the top nice!

So yeah I am a few days late here... but thank you! Seems most people indeed liked it...

20230316_193754 (resized).jpg20230316_193754 (resized).jpg

...and I (and my daughter who helped in the resto) am humbled and gratified. Haven't yet reshuffled the main collection to give this game its deserved permanent slot, but at least the award kinda sorta fits the topper, haha. I do need to thank Troy Tilt for donating the pf glass that was the much-needed finishing touch. Even after I had the privilege of unboxing a dozen new Sterns lol... I certainly know where my next NIB is coming from (the "when" is another issue, sigh)!

And wow but two people managed to put up some impressive scores; if I didn't know better I'd say Erik W chuckwurt snuck in, ha!

20230316_194345 (resized).jpg20230316_194345 (resized).jpg

20230316_194347 (resized).jpg20230316_194347 (resized).jpg

I would also like to apologize to anyone if I seemed off, or gruff, or just.... distracted at times. Sunday especially I was not quite myself. Lots of pre-show work stress never quite dissipated (indeed, it pounced with reinforcements the very moment I left the parking lot)... compounded by ping-pong asks and attention, helping folks troubleshoot games, helping my daughter, catching friends at all random times, visiting family who came down, and then the cursed time change loss of a precious hour... I was basically short-circuited a lot. Especially Sunday. I was trying to yawn before the collector awards thing and couldn't even do that, oof! (Like seriously: nevermind that I forgot how to play pinball, how do you forget how to freakin' yawn?!?!) MAD RESPECT for Corey, Joe, and the other organizers and volunteers who have to coordinate so much more than that!

But the show is so very worth it! Can't wait for next year, to get another badge: nearly all of my keeper games have earned these through the years. Such a great time with fantastic people and I'm humbled to be a small part of it.

20230316_194257 (resized).jpg20230316_194257 (resized).jpg

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry not sorry.

Wait, so you WERE there? HA! Tryin' to tell us you're busy with tournaments, you KNOW you can't escape LAX

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I mean I wasn’t. But I’ve been to the parkette to play many times.

Gotcha... was confused there because a set of initials I posted that were logged at the show look suspiciously close to yours

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just assumed they were there from parkette days and never got wiped off.

I didn't wipe them, but the highest score on the machine before the show was mine at around 16M... don't recall if it was 14 or 18 but it was well under 20.

Quoted from rlbohon3:

For me, that Diner was THE game for the weekend. Sure, lots a great other games but this one...

And wow this is taking me some time to digest... considering your Getaway and Taxi are the standards by which those games are measured, I'm not sure I could ask for a better compliment. Wow, and thank you sir!

FWIW there are two WMS pinball easter eggs in the license plates. One of them is especially devious and if anyone recognizes it, I'll buy them a beer at the next show.

Now, as far as opening the gameroom for admission: no charge necessary as there's a standing free open invite to all I've met, so let me know when you're coming through! Seems Frankfort may as well be the Sahara though... or my social misfires ever damn me, bah. So I'll stick with the Sahara concept. I mean there's also Buffalo Trace 5 mins from my house, and plenty of other distilleries nearby, but beyond that Frankfort is a strange little place. But I like it well enough

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-2023-march-10th-12th-2023?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.