(Topic ID: 302349)

Louisville Arcade Expo 2022 (March 11th-13th, 2022)

By CoreyStup

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinballj
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D36E4A2F-DBA6-478B-BED6-83EA1D98989D (resized).jpeg
    FA4FB0AE-B493-48EE-A307-21D6770FBBD9 (resized).jpeg
    13FAE41F-5F28-40BA-858A-9AA45DAF5B82 (resized).jpeg
    20220312_103202 (resized).jpg
    87DDC980-C570-4E2B-BAF7-34D4EEBE5414 (resized).jpeg
    648E5882-0461-41FB-8507-7EC5CBC5D0C7 (resized).jpeg
    20220311_092215 (resized).jpg
    F6E335F7-0B0B-4DD2-9839-28531315F03E (resized).jpeg
    1DDFCBB8-0162-4EED-9AAB-DF0DF5B0AD4C (resized).jpeg
    C45112AF-8CA4-4555-BC52-003B80D8E2C9 (resized).jpeg
    flipnout_logo_orig_clear 2 (resized).png
    20220304_152501 (resized).jpg
    vaderno.jpg
    1A94353A-DE09-4FF0-B421-5D0E64F34898 (resized).jpeg
    274348158_326426339538464_8764837017997837932_n (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 2 years ago

On the subject of trades, anyone have any interest in a mostly complete Mattel Intellivision collection? Have two systems (OG 1, and 2, both working) and most of the cartridges (only missing 12 original games IIRC) with manuals and overlays but no boxes. Have rare dustcover, voice module, joystick inserts, and a custom metal storage console. I am the original (inheritive) owner so am on fence on this but could be swayed for right deal. PM if interested.

As for pins at the show, I'm bringing Time Fantasy UV and planning on the Whirlwind DMD beta project IF I get the autolauncher installed & debugged, and perhaps a few annoying code bugs worked out first... otherwise I reserve the right to bring something else or have the WW-DMD on more "limited" play. I am not the coder so, can't make any promises.

1 week later
    #51 2 years ago

The excitement is building for sure!

Does anyone have any spare Williams 7-digit numeric displays lying around, to bring for sale? A couple on my Space Shuttle appear to be on their way out.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from CoreyStup:

1 week away!
    Also note a change from previous years is the Grand Ballroom carpet has been removed and a composite sports floor installed.

vaderno.jpgvaderno.jpg

That carpet was the shiz, both figurative and likely literally haha! Certainly going to miss that "epic living room" aesthetic. Will be interesting to see how noise and feet fare over the weekend. Will be a great time regardless I'm sure.

I haven't gotten an email but my two are still listed. Hoping to get some things addressed on the WhirlwinDMD project this weekend... not sure what my backup bring would be but I'll come up with something.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from CoreyStup:

I resent yours Tony

I just got the resend (but not the original yet it seems)... thanks Corey!

Quoted from Jmckune:

Tell me if you can’t bring the whirlwind. I’ll bring my regular one if that doesn’t come

Will do. Right now there are two annoying bugs; 1) if you fail QMB the pf discs will not quit spinning until you restart and succeed... that condition carries over from game to game. OTOH some might call that annoyance a feature More game-breaking is 2) if you get to 6X+Special multiball, the game... loses its mind LOL. But that might not happen too often so... we'll see if Jim has time to fix it. There have of course been a few random infrequent hangups too, but none I can trace to specific cause-effect. Overall the new code is mostly playable/stable but still unfinished with some rough edges, and lots of planned features sill in development & unreleased... but still fun and worth seeing...? Not sure how the crowd feels about Beta/Buggy games, or if I'd be pushing my luck or having to babysit too much. Guess we could put both side-by-side LOL.

If I decide not to bring it, the only games I have that aren't listed dupes are Old Chicago, Space Station, and Bad Cats. Not gonna tempt fate with Black Hole LOL; my Shuttle has flaky displays, and Torpedo Alley might sink (I've been stockpiling some TLC parts and planning a PF swap).

#77 2 years ago

In what way is your wifeform broke? A while back a guy in the Space Station club came up with a clever fix:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/70#post-6509854

I hear you on the other issues and worry about show durability. For the plastic hole you might try laminating over it with clear packing tape or mylar. The stop bracket might be trickier but if it's durable and fastened well enough... only one way to find out, d'oh! I don't have spares myself. (And not trying to pressure you at all BTW, just offering ideas).

Quoted from pinballj:

I am bringing Global Warfare (testing new mpu)

HOW DID I MISS THIS EARLIER?!? Was that your GW a few years back? It was one of my faves and I was super bummed when it went down. Can't wait to play it again!!

#90 2 years ago

W00t, coder just fixed the "spinning disc bug" and a couple other minor things, so I'm feeling much better about WhirlwinDMD!

Still have to test breaking it at 6X+Special but I guess if that happens I'll just put up a sign telling Erik to stay away

1 week later
    #139 2 years ago

That AMH was a standout for sure. Shoots and plays way better than I'd been led to believe, with lots of fun campy humor too. Sounds like the mods do add a lot to the experience, but I'd be looking for one with/without if prices hadn't done their thing last year. Thanks for bringing it!

So glad that Steamboat Willie got the recognition it deserves. Between that and Champions of Aderiath, Craig has certainly established himself as a mad genius ha ha. Wish I had that kind of talent.

Unfortunately I have to settle for Beau catching me "speaking native Italian" earlier... I didn't realize that 'til now. Curses!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-2022-march-11th-13th-2022?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.