(Topic ID: 252690)

Louisville Arcade Expo 2020 (March 6th-8th, 2020)

By CoreyStup

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 348 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Viggin900
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B06C8AE1-8D94-40B3-95D6-E3E82A486CED (resized).jpeg
    D551350D-091C-4BB7-8D13-8B9BB5757DAA (resized).jpeg
    B8D0E98F-3CCD-430B-B112-4395E5CB2215 (resized).jpeg
    20200307_190142 (resized).jpg
    20200307_190123 (resized).jpg
    C57D509D-01FE-4447-BA02-3E71779A8E3A (resized).jpeg
    48AF5F18-6904-4AF8-83B1-FCDF5907DAE3 (resized).jpeg
    20200306_182402 (resized).jpg
    15835515076003230365665186901559 (resized).jpg
    0982CB23-223F-4E15-B1C2-FB3382DCA338 (resized).jpeg
    D964A7B3-DBE8-43CF-937B-0BB99C0840CA (resized).jpeg
    AC046C19-DB85-4BBC-AF96-3153C7BAAA5D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200306_113752554 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200306_113741555_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200306_113736197_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200306_113719998_BURST001 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jmckune.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Ticket sales went live today, can’t wait to attend!

1 month later
    #15 4 years ago

Do you have an exact day you’re planning on posting game list? Excited to see what’s coming.

2 weeks later
    #20 4 years ago

Any closer to posting list? I’d be interested in bringing a second game but only if someone else isn’t already bringing it. Thanks

#37 4 years ago

I mean I’m interested in playing it, does that count?

#39 4 years ago

^ goingincirclez you should bring your Whirlwind. Been wanting to play one and never got the opportunity!

#40 4 years ago

Anyone think I should bring my Taxi or wait until next year, I just picked it up a week ago and haven’t gotten a chance to even put it together to play. I did get to play it before loading it up, plays pretty good as is but haven’t had a chance to tweak It to my liking yet. (Spinout can hardly make 100k), 2 switches showing errors, topper missing. I’d really like to address these issues before putting it in something like that but there’s no way I can as I can’t set it up at the moment .

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

That's my "bolted to the floor" grail, plus my pin hauler maxxes out with two slots both spoken for. But there's been Whirlwinds at LAX in the past, so maybe again this year; the list of titles posted is only half of previous years' this close to the show, so hopefully more surprises are in store? But look me up at LAX and if you're passing thru Frankfort at some point you're welcome to check mine out!

You ever unbolt that one let me know! As you can see from my collection and wishlist, I like a certain type of game lol.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phesson:

I just registered my Revenge From Mars for the show. It is in great condition and has had cpu upgrades and the CRT monitor has been recapped and serviced. It is for sale or trade + cash for the rite machine. If you're interested let me know. See you in a couple weeks.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

You should bring the Whirlwind too, or someone with Whirlwind should bring it! Even if it’s not to sell I want to play it and haven’t gotten the chance!

#51 4 years ago

Gonna be bringing my bride, she’s not for sale but I hope everyone can enjoy the work I’ve put into dragging this one off it’s death bed.

B9E4D809-8831-4CDB-BBB4-614B12D0CE08 (resized).jpegB9E4D809-8831-4CDB-BBB4-614B12D0CE08 (resized).jpeg
    #53 4 years ago

Eh I wouldn’t really call it a restore as much as a refurbish. It got a lot of love and does look very nice and plays a hell of a lot better than when I got it, still had its original playfield which isn’t the best but also not the worst I’ve seen. Some good cleaning definitely went a long way on it though. I wish I was knowledgeable enough and had the moola to do a playfield swap on it. Oh well good enough looking and more than enough fun to play!

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

I am bringing some Game Plans..
    Andromeda, Cyclopes and Captain Hook.
    Not sure about the 4th game yet.

You could bring your Pinbot to sit next to my bride? I think she’d like that

#79 4 years ago

Are pinball people last minute drop ins usually? The list seems a bit lighter than I expected but still a pretty good lineup! Was hoping to see the Funhouse from Pincinatti as I couldn’t stop playing that one! Hopefully he comes. I’m also surprised a Medieval madness hasn’t popped in yet.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Seriously? You liked that annoying bell and smoke shooting off? I kept hoping it would break down. Keep your fingers crossed for the bugs bunny birthday

I mean the bell wasn’t really to my taste. It actually scared me the first time. I was more so talking about the beautiful restoration and gameplay on it.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You sir are crazy. Haha. Loved that rig. Sad the hotel at pincinnati nixed it.

Wow why did they care? It was a loud bell in a room full of other less loud bells and the room it was in appeared to be fairly far away from guest rooms.

#102 4 years ago

Is anyone else that’s coming just dying to play Bad Cats or Taxi? I might be able to bring one of those but if I’m going to I need to either remove the ramps from Bad Cats to get at the Fish Bone Us target or if I bring Taxi it says It has 2 switches that need adjustment.

(In other words, I’m gonna have to do a little work to either if they’re coming)

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Taxi taxi! Bad cats was there last year. Don't remember ever playing taxi at LAX?

Lol I can see if it will fit when loading up my BoP, I have yet to be able to do any kind of restoration effort on it yet so while she has a decent playfield, she’s a lil rough around the edges. I need to either strip the cabinet and decal it or just get the yellow paint and touch it up, the worst part is the front of the machine near the coin door on the left side. Bunch of it peeled off. My topper was also MIA when I got it. Haven’t gotten to change out the lighting or mess with spinout yet or see what’s causing those 2 switch errors. If I’m able to get all the switches working I’ll try and bring it though. Here she is. Been sitting here for 2 weeks now. My house isn’t ready for the games to go Inside yet so it’s having to be stored In my garage.

065AFD0E-1889-48BB-8DEC-CFBD4AB9EF8C (resized).jpeg065AFD0E-1889-48BB-8DEC-CFBD4AB9EF8C (resized).jpeg
    #127 4 years ago

Lol if y’all want I can be the loud one this year. The plunge sound on BoP and shuttle launch is VERY loud if you turn the volume up. Recbar has theirs up a little bit and I can hear those noises over just about everything standing on the other side of the room

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from t8tony8t:

I should have about 20 pieces of new glass for sell again this year. Also hoping to bring a new release pin, but won’t know until a day or so before the expo.(thanks to the help of a good buddy, DD)

How much is the glass?
    Edit: also, do you own recbar?

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Thanks for the support guys.
    I actually want to put a confetti cannon on FH now, for whoever grand champions it. Tell me that would not be bad ass! Watch out...might sound like a gunshot! No whining please! Once I can figure out the logistics to have it only fire for GC only, it WILL happen. Might have to trigger it off of dual knocks I guess. But I am working on it. I will even help clean up the mess...after midnight LOL.
    Also now have a spectacular Black Knight to show off, and a slightly less spectacular Grand lizard to show off as well. For those folks that have not experienced GL, this is truly a sleeper pin. This thing is incredible for a mid 80's pin. I was prepared to sell it, but now I cant do it. Its gonna get the full restoration now for sure. Its a machine you kind of play in "slow motion" and set your shots up very strategically. Just has a ton of re-playability. Maybe more than BK.

I’ll be honest, your pin was one of the reasons I ventured to Pincinnati as I had always wanted to play a Funhouse but there aren’t any around here to play publicly. I had never gone to a show before and while I played a few pins a couple times, your Funhouse was for sure the one I kept going back to the most. Thoroughly enjoyed it! It helped me know for sure I want to own one of these some day! Hope I get to play it again sometime.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Thanks for the very kind words.
    Send me a PM if your ever down near Richmond. It would be my pleasure to show it off to you once again, as well as the other pins in house. I repair and restore these things as a service, so I always have something new. Working on a Whirlwind now...its getting the works! Same offer for any other Pinheads out there venturing through central KY.

You should set the Whirlwind up to when the knocker is used to dump a bucket of water on the winner! would fit with that theme lol. I bet some would be wishing for that bell then! If you decide to not finish WW let me know. I’ll only ever be able to get an average condition one before it’s restored lol.

#185 4 years ago

So I haven’t brought a machine to one of these before. Do you all generally set your tilt bobs a little tighter? I don’t mind people playing it at all but at home I know I’m not gonna shake the crap out of it. Are people generally harder on machines at these things? Or is this something that I shouldn’t worry about

#191 4 years ago

She’s about ready!

29C3913B-821E-4475-A448-33D29B203F87 (resized).jpeg29C3913B-821E-4475-A448-33D29B203F87 (resized).jpeg
    #204 4 years ago

My brides all set up. No solder joints cracked when moving so that’s good. Disappearing post is wanting to stick though so I’m gonna have to take that apart and try and clean it. Anyone selling coil sleeves in case cleaning doesn’t work?

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

Hey I had an extra one and hooked him up. My pin is next to his. Hahaha.[quoted image]

Thanks for the hookup, she’s playing properly again!

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Recbar. And probably zero. Haha. Great dudes.

Did they say if it was going to Louisville or Clarksville after the show?

#244 4 years ago

Was surprised how busy it was on the first night. I was more surprised my machine kept getting small lines lol

0982CB23-223F-4E15-B1C2-FB3382DCA338 (resized).jpeg0982CB23-223F-4E15-B1C2-FB3382DCA338 (resized).jpeg
    #253 4 years ago

Would be cooler if Winona popped out screaming about the lights. Lol

#264 4 years ago

Whoever’s F-14 that was. I was having trouble with the lower left flipper having weak power like the eos wasn’t closed.

#286 4 years ago

Does anyone have any flipper buttons? Mine apparently broke last night and I’d like to get the game back up and running.

Edit: found and back In business!

#305 4 years ago

Talked to Recbar peeps. R&M from the show is going to Jtown and they have another one on order for Clarksville!

#308 4 years ago

Had a really good time at the event. Thanks CoreyStup for putting on the show along with everyone else that helped! Glad I got to play the Prospector today and it really was some good old fashion fun! Whoever’s Attack From Mars that was... BEAUTIFUL. Loved the blue flasher domes with the red? Lights inside. 3D backglass as well. Wow! Thanks to those who helped keep my machine alive this weekend. I can’t remember who gave me the flipper button but without that mine would have been dead until I could order a new one. So thanks for that! Many people got to play because of that!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jmckune.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-2020-march-6th-8th-2020?tu=Jmckune and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.