(Topic ID: 252690)

Louisville Arcade Expo 2020 (March 6th-8th, 2020)

By CoreyStup

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 348 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Viggin900
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B06C8AE1-8D94-40B3-95D6-E3E82A486CED (resized).jpeg
    D551350D-091C-4BB7-8D13-8B9BB5757DAA (resized).jpeg
    B8D0E98F-3CCD-430B-B112-4395E5CB2215 (resized).jpeg
    20200307_190142 (resized).jpg
    20200307_190123 (resized).jpg
    C57D509D-01FE-4447-BA02-3E71779A8E3A (resized).jpeg
    48AF5F18-6904-4AF8-83B1-FCDF5907DAE3 (resized).jpeg
    20200306_182402 (resized).jpg
    15835515076003230365665186901559 (resized).jpg
    0982CB23-223F-4E15-B1C2-FB3382DCA338 (resized).jpeg
    D964A7B3-DBE8-43CF-937B-0BB99C0840CA (resized).jpeg
    AC046C19-DB85-4BBC-AF96-3153C7BAAA5D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200306_113752554 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200306_113741555_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200306_113736197_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200306_113719998_BURST001 (resized).jpg
    There are 348 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

Hey dude, I'm in the same boat as a formal tournament newbie. Just look for the guy with long red hair in the Mariners hat and we can team up to look like we know what we are doing

Anything else besides expo bringing you out from Alaska? I think that's great!

#102 4 years ago

Is anyone else that’s coming just dying to play Bad Cats or Taxi? I might be able to bring one of those but if I’m going to I need to either remove the ramps from Bad Cats to get at the Fish Bone Us target or if I bring Taxi it says It has 2 switches that need adjustment.

(In other words, I’m gonna have to do a little work to either if they’re coming)

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

Hey dude, I'm in the same boat as a formal tournament newbie. Just look for the guy with long red hair in the Mariners hat and we can team up to look like we know what we are doing

Ok lol. I'll be the fiftyish stocky dude hovering
    around the prospector machine watching people enjoy it.
    If it's cold I'll have my cousin Eddie hat on .

#104 4 years ago

Anyone from Tilt bringing glass this year?

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Seriously? You liked that annoying bell and smoke shooting off? I kept hoping it would break down. Keep your fingers crossed for the bugs bunny birthday

Got you ass owned by Rudy huh? Hes still in your head huh?

Smoke! What smoke? Anyone see any smoke? Hotel kindly requested that I not shoot it off as Chuckwurt mentioned. So your annoyed by the loud bell which is accurately themed to the pin its attached to in order to "jazz" things up a bit, in a room full of noisy arcade games and hundreds of people? And why would you want it to break down, when hundreds of folks are enjoying playing it?
    155306209-_T2eC16R__ysE9sy0iH__BR_8PVIZg___60_35 (resized).jpg155306209-_T2eC16R__ysE9sy0iH__BR_8PVIZg___60_35 (resized).jpg

#106 4 years ago

Sorry gang. Cant bring my "annoying" FH, BBBB and two EMs this year. The wife signed me up for vacation that weekend. Good news is I now have a "cherry" Black knight, and a nice Grand Lizard for next time.

#108 4 years ago

BRING GAMES GET STUFF (resized).pngBRING GAMES GET STUFF (resized).png

Bringing a Game? To celebrate LAX's 10th Anniversary and as a THANK YOU to the folks who take the time, effort, and dedication to bring machines to share with all, everyone who brings a machine this year will receive :
    1 or 2 games -
    receive any LAX t-shirt (including our 10th anniversary limited editions)
    3 or more games -
    receive any LAX t-shirt (including our 10th anniversary limited editions),
    new logo embroidered hat,
    and large LAX tote!

When you arrive on Thursday, please check in at the Info Desk to register and receive your vouchers.
    Turn in the vouchers marked with your shirt choice and size and we'll have them ready for pickup anytime during the show at the front desk. The special editions are sure to sell out so we want to make sure you get one!

2020 T-shirts:
    10th anniversary special edition Fireball (black or yellow)
    10th anniversary special edition Mario Turtles (heather black or purple)
    "Fleur-di-LAX" logo 8 colors, including 2 new colors this year
    Bill and Ted Excellent! (heather black)

2020 Hats:
    Black cap with red brim embroidered with new fireball LAX logo

If you haven't yet registered your games, please join us at https://louisvillearcade.com/bring_a_game

Thank you so much and hope to see you next week!

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoreyStup:

[quoted image]
    Bringing a Game? To celebrate LAX's 10th Anniversary and as a THANK YOU to the folks who take the time, effort, and dedication to bring machines to share with all, everyone who brings a machine this year will receive :

1 or 2 games -
    receive any LAX t-shirt (including our 10th anniversary limited editions)

3 or more games -
    receive any LAX t-shirt (including our 10th anniversary limited editions),
    new logo embroidered hat,
    and large LAX tote!
    When you arrive on Thursday, please check in at the Info Desk to register and receive your vouchers.
    Turn in the vouchers marked with your shirt choice and size and we'll have them ready for pickup anytime during the show at the front desk. The special editions are sure to sell out so we want to make sure you get one!

2020 T-shirts:
    10th anniversary special edition Fireball (black or yellow)
    10th anniversary special edition Mario Turtles (heather black or purple)
    "Fleur-di-LAX" logo 8 colors, including 2 new colors this year
    Bill and Ted Excellent! (heather black)

2020 Hats:
    Black cap with red brim embroidered with new fireball LAX logo
    If you haven't yet registered your games, please join us at https://louisvillearcade.com/bring_a_game
    Thank you so much and hope to see you next week!

This is pretty cool. A t shirt is atleast a thank you.

#110 4 years ago

Who's got a room by the pool? I need my swim time and lodging.

#111 4 years ago

Is there going to be any sort of Pinside meetup? I always enjoy meeting others in person.

#112 4 years ago

I'm considering making the trip from n/e pa. Can anyone entice me with a good deal on an ***elvira premium? ***
    Lmk thanks.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Got you ass owned by Rudy huh? Hes still in your head huh?
    Smoke! What smoke? Anyone see any smoke? Hotel kindly requested that I not shoot it off as Chuckwurt mentioned. So your annoyed by the loud bell which is accurately themed to the pin its attached to in order to "jazz" things up a bit, in a room full of noisy arcade games and hundreds of people? And why would you want it to break down, when hundreds of folks are enjoying playing it?
    [quoted image]

Your game is way too loud. I don't like sudden shrilling noises when I am playing other games around. I was enjoying playing other games and getting into the play when that thing goes off. Don't be a showoff with your game, not everyone wants to go deaf.By making a spectacle you are setting yourself up for critique.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

Is there going to be any sort of Pinside meetup? I always enjoy meeting others in person.

I may print off my pinside badge.

#115 4 years ago

Yeah the pinside meetup is at the recbar tournament Saturday night at 9pm.

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I'm considering making the trip from n/e pa. Can anyone entice me with a good deal on an ***elvira premium? ***
    Lmk thanks.

ZMeny of Flip 'n Out Pinball is offering show specials on NIB Sterns, including Elvira. He posted on page 2 of the thread. Hit him up to see if you can still get in on one.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah the pinside meetup is at the recbar tournament Saturday night at 9pm.

I may still have obligations at that time, but if not, count me in.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Is anyone else that’s coming just dying to play Bad Cats or Taxi? I might be able to bring one of those but if I’m going to I need to either remove the ramps from Bad Cats to get at the Fish Bone Us target or if I bring Taxi it says It has 2 switches that need adjustment.
    (In other words, I’m gonna have to do a little work to either if they’re coming)

Taxi taxi! Bad cats was there last year. Don't remember ever playing taxi at LAX?

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

ZMeny of Flip 'n Out Pinball is offering show specials on NIB Sterns, including Elvira. He posted on page 2 of the thread. Hit him up to see if you can still get in on one.

This. I purchased an AFMr from ZMeny . Couldn't be happier with his response and customer service.

#120 4 years ago

I think I was the one that referred to the smoke (with alarm bell) understandably not being endeared by all facility managers... but come to think of it the Ramada management was more annoyed with the runaway balloon than the smoke, ha ha! That place is so wonderfully ghetto, I love it.

I recall the knockout combo from LAX last year and enjoyed it! It perfectly fits the theme. I helped you fix FH with an incidental repair a couple years back; IIRC that was just after you'd swapped the pf and it was neat to see how well it was holding up a year+ later. Tradewinds is a fun EM too. Sad to hear you won't be back this year but hope you can make it for 2021.

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Taxi taxi! Bad cats was there last year. Don't remember ever playing taxi at LAX?

Lol I can see if it will fit when loading up my BoP, I have yet to be able to do any kind of restoration effort on it yet so while she has a decent playfield, she’s a lil rough around the edges. I need to either strip the cabinet and decal it or just get the yellow paint and touch it up, the worst part is the front of the machine near the coin door on the left side. Bunch of it peeled off. My topper was also MIA when I got it. Haven’t gotten to change out the lighting or mess with spinout yet or see what’s causing those 2 switch errors. If I’m able to get all the switches working I’ll try and bring it though. Here she is. Been sitting here for 2 weeks now. My house isn’t ready for the games to go Inside yet so it’s having to be stored In my garage.

065AFD0E-1889-48BB-8DEC-CFBD4AB9EF8C (resized).jpeg065AFD0E-1889-48BB-8DEC-CFBD4AB9EF8C (resized).jpeg
    #122 4 years ago

Just a heads-up to anyone who (like me) has to lug games across expanses of soft landscape / yard en route to loading up: Monday through Wednesday are supposed to be continuously wet with heavy rain accumulations in the area. I know in my case that makes moving the games messy and possibly dangerous if not impossible... so you might be better off pre-staging this weekend if you can.

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Your game is way too loud. I don't like sudden shrilling noises when I am playing other games around. I was enjoying playing other games and getting into the play when that thing goes off. Don't be a showoff with your game, not everyone wants to go deaf.By making a spectacle you are setting yourself up for critique.

It only went off when the knocker went off, which was very infrequently. My Capcoms sound like gunshots when they go off; worse than that Funhouse. I can't see why you'd complain about replay effects in a pinball arcade. Maybe wear headphones next time?

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

You "sir" are the ONLY one that has made any kind of negative critique regarding the bell, that I am truly aware of.

And I can assure you that your opinion on the matter, is a minority opinion. I have received countless compliments during multiple shows for the presentation of FH, with all its mods included. I was even given an award from LAX last year for best Pin in show, and nobody voiced any concerns regarding the bell. I have people contacting me with nothing but praise on FH, and they want to know what I will be doing special for it at the next show. Yes I do like to set that one pin apart. Yes I do like to show it off. Yes I do like to have fun with it. Yes I do like to share it with others (including you). Yes I like to see the smiles and laughs on the faces of the kids, and adults alike, When they managed to special it, and ring the bell.

So help me understand this. Why would you go wishing it to BREAK DOWN simply because you "dont like sudden shrilling noises when you are playing other games around". How old are you really? Should others not be allowed to enjoy it because you are simply annoyed by it? Do you have any idea how much of my time and money goes into ensuring that all my pins preform at their best, so folks can have the most entertaining experience possible? Wow! Why would you "poke" me with a disrespectful and asinine comment like that, especially when I am partially responsible for "painstakingly" bringing nine pins from central KY, for YOU and others to gladly enjoy at my expense? Pretty sure any of the folks who bring pins, would be offended by that comment.

Why could you not have just made a more tactful critique regarding the bell, and we could have had a more civil discussion? And regarding "Don't be a showoff with your game", I don't think I could craft a reply to that if I tried. That foolishness speaks entirely for itself. Is that not the point of the entire show?

Bottom line! Its my machine, and if I want to show it off, I SURE AS HELL WILL! If I want the bell to ring, IT SURE AS HELL WILL! If I want to make a spectacle that the majority of the folks find entertaining, I SURE AS HELL WILL. If Cory or Eric determine its a real problem, I would adhere to their wishes and gladly turn it off.

So to now end this spectacle. Good riddance, get some therapy, and you can kiss my ASS! BTW, the bell stays as is!

To everyone else. My apologies that this kind of needless immaturity had to occur. But I just could not let that ridiculousness stand. I truly hope you all have a wonderful time at the expo, and I wish it to be a great success. Wish I could be there. Might see you in Cincy later in the year.

#125 4 years ago

Hey wrd1972: Your FunHouse pin is awesome, and my wife and I were sad to hear you won't be there this year. Thanks for bringing it in the past years and I hope you will bring it next year.

#126 4 years ago

Fuck em man. I got some complaints about my ACDC being too loud at LAX last year.
    Not possible.

#127 4 years ago

Lol if y’all want I can be the loud one this year. The plunge sound on BoP and shuttle launch is VERY loud if you turn the volume up. Recbar has theirs up a little bit and I can hear those noises over just about everything standing on the other side of the room

#128 4 years ago

I should have about 20 pieces of new glass for sell again this year. Also hoping to bring a new release pin, but won’t know until a day or so before the expo.(thanks to the help of a good buddy, DD)

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from t8tony8t:

I should have about 20 pieces of new glass for sell again this year. Also hoping to bring a new release pin, but won’t know until a day or so before the expo.(thanks to the help of a good buddy, DD)

How much is the glass?
    Edit: also, do you own recbar?

#130 4 years ago

Oddball request - if anyone has a pair of nice Hydro Thunders I’m looking to buy.

Also, that Funhouse is AMAZING.

#131 4 years ago

I’ve decided I’m going to ditch work Friday and drive down there for the show, can’t wait!

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’ve decided I’m going to ditch work Friday and drive down there for the show, can’t wait!

Fantastic!

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Edit: also, do you own recbar?

Indeed that would be one of the co-owners of Recbar!
    Awesome to hear he is going to try to bring a new release as well to the show!

#134 4 years ago

R&M maybe? That’d be sweet.

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Heavy Metal...and you'll enjoy it dammit.

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I am hoping for the same thing!

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from t8tony8t:

DIBS on at least 3 of those glass sheets my man! The girls and I will be ready to help again with any tweaks and fixes your machines might need If you're taking requests I bet they would love for Primus to make the trek again but whatever you guys bring will be appreciated for sure!

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from t8tony8t:

I'll need a sheet for my Strikes and Spares.
    See ya on Thursday.

#139 4 years ago

First time bringing a game.. Where do
    we unload at thursday. Thx

#140 4 years ago

The main entrance is where I unload/load from.

#141 4 years ago

Yeah, if bringing one game it will prob easier to unload from the front of the building. The rear of the building is def cloaer as it opens into the main hall, but the back alley is not as big and gets congested with trucks and trailers. Just my opinion.

#142 4 years ago

I can't make it till Friday morning. What time will the room be open to bring in a game? I guess there will be folks still getting setup?

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from Waderade812:

I can't make it till Friday morning. What time will the room be open to bring in a game? I guess there will be folks still getting setup?

When you register a game on the site, you will get an email with the details on times for load in. For Friday it says 10:00 am - Noon. Also says if you need to make other arrangements, please contact via email at [email protected].

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

When you register a game on the site, you will get an email with the details on times for load in. For Friday it says 10:00 am - Noon. Also says if you need to make other arrangements, please contact via email at [email protected].

Thanks that email got deleted accidentally. Doh!

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from Waderade812:

Thanks that email got deleted accidentally. Doh!

No worries! I didnt read it myself lol.

#146 4 years ago

Unfortunately, I've got conflicts on Friday and Saturday so I'm not able to bring my Getaway, Turtles, and Firepower I brought last year (add Fire! to the line up too). However I see all those titles on the list so good to see they will be there (unless those were accidentally left on the list from last year). I do, however, plan to make it there the whole day on Sunday. Looking forward to it!

#147 4 years ago

Heads up if anyone is interested in any of my market items (see my items for sale for more info). I'm happy to bring to LAX to save on shipping and can provide a discount. Send me a PM if interested in any of the following:

- Deadpool throwing stars and/or "DP" initials
    - WWF Royal Rumble custom slings and/or lane guide plastics
    - POTC airball deflector
    - Baywatch drop target plastic, drop target protector, and/or shooter lane boat plastics
    - Attack from Mars "AFM" badge
    - Iron Man F22 raptor plastic

#148 4 years ago

If anyone can bring a set of decent WMS chrome early SS era (smooth) legs for sale, or possible trade for Sys 11 (ribbed), let me know? I forgot one of the legs on my TF is kinda crusty until I broke it down yesterday. The was a reason I put it in the back

(by "decent" I mean I don't expect perfect shiny mirror new, but at least consistent and clean without random pitting / flaking / oxidation peppering...)

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

Heads up if anyone is interested in any of my market items (see my items for sale for more info). I'm happy to bring to LAX to save on shipping and can provide a discount. Send me a PM if interested in any of the following:
    - WWF Royal Rumble custom slings and/or lane guide plastics
    - POTC airball deflector

Got links for either of these items?

#150 4 years ago

I have this, will bring it to the show if someone agrees to buy it ahead of time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91833

There are 348 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-2020-march-6th-8th-2020/page/3?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.