(Topic ID: 252690)

Louisville Arcade Expo 2020 (March 6th-8th, 2020)

By CoreyStup

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 348 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Viggin900
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B06C8AE1-8D94-40B3-95D6-E3E82A486CED (resized).jpeg
    D551350D-091C-4BB7-8D13-8B9BB5757DAA (resized).jpeg
    B8D0E98F-3CCD-430B-B112-4395E5CB2215 (resized).jpeg
    20200307_190142 (resized).jpg
    20200307_190123 (resized).jpg
    C57D509D-01FE-4447-BA02-3E71779A8E3A (resized).jpeg
    48AF5F18-6904-4AF8-83B1-FCDF5907DAE3 (resized).jpeg
    20200306_182402 (resized).jpg
    15835515076003230365665186901559 (resized).jpg
    0982CB23-223F-4E15-B1C2-FB3382DCA338 (resized).jpeg
    D964A7B3-DBE8-43CF-937B-0BB99C0840CA (resized).jpeg
    AC046C19-DB85-4BBC-AF96-3153C7BAAA5D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200306_113752554 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200306_113741555_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200306_113736197_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200306_113719998_BURST001 (resized).jpg
    There are 348 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 4 years ago

Gonna be bringing my bride, she’s not for sale but I hope everyone can enjoy the work I’ve put into dragging this one off it’s death bed.

B9E4D809-8831-4CDB-BBB4-614B12D0CE08 (resized).jpegB9E4D809-8831-4CDB-BBB4-614B12D0CE08 (resized).jpeg
    #52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Gonna be bringing my bride, she’s not for sale but I hope everyone can enjoy the work I’ve put into dragging this one off it’s death bed.[quoted image]

That looks awesome! I have a BOP that plan on doing a restore sometime this year. Can't wait to check yours out.

#53 4 years ago

Eh I wouldn’t really call it a restore as much as a refurbish. It got a lot of love and does look very nice and plays a hell of a lot better than when I got it, still had its original playfield which isn’t the best but also not the worst I’ve seen. Some good cleaning definitely went a long way on it though. I wish I was knowledgeable enough and had the moola to do a playfield swap on it. Oh well good enough looking and more than enough fun to play!

#54 4 years ago

I had a meeting set up for March 6 in Louisville not realizing that this event was taking place. Looks like someone is now staying for the weekend!

#55 4 years ago

Getting pretty pumped for this. Pinball, video games, beer, and bourbon. What else do you need?

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Gonna be bringing my bride, she’s not for sale but I hope everyone can enjoy the work I’ve put into dragging this one off it’s death bed.[quoted image]

The picture didnt load for me at first, which made this post a little awkward, but intriguing.

#57 4 years ago

LAST CALL

If you would like to see these games at the show, take advantage of the Show Specials now.

Reduced price and no shipping fees

STERN SHOW SPECIALS
    Limited Quantities - Place Your Order NOW
    Flip N Out Pinball
    [email protected]
    **Call/message for pricing and details**
    **Orders Must Be Paid By Feb. 21st**

STERN SHOW SPECIAL LIST
    - Stranger Things Pro
    - Stranger Things Premium
    - Jurassic Park Pro
    - Jurassic Park Premium
    - Elvira House Of Horrors Premium
    - Iron Maiden Premium
    - Deadpool Pro
    - Star Wars Comic Premium
    - Beatles Gold
    - Munsters Black & White Premium
    - Iron Man Pro Vault
    - Black Knight Premium

CGC SHOW SPECIAL LIST
    - Monster Bash Remake Classic
    - Monster Bash Remake Special Edition

AMERICAN SHOW SPECIAL LIST
    - Houdini
    - Oktoberfest

EF6B45AC-C267-4486-A44A-128F38A8B4AF (resized).jpegEF6B45AC-C267-4486-A44A-128F38A8B4AF (resized).jpegFAFA02A6-9195-408C-BCBB-4E11AC87A4B0 (resized).jpegFAFA02A6-9195-408C-BCBB-4E11AC87A4B0 (resized).jpeg
    #58 4 years ago

Looking forward to coming back to this show, since missing last year, and bringing my son for the first time!

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from gentrsa:

Looking forward to coming back to this show, since missing last year, and bringing my son for the first time!

Saw you guys are playing in the recbar late night tournament. It will be good to see you guys again!

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Saw you guys are playing in the recbar late night tournament. It will be good to see you guys again!

Yes sir, can't wait, love the show and Recbar, now just need to find a bit of time to check out the new one but not sure that will happen, but we will be back in May and for sure then if not in a couple weeks. Will be fun to hang out and see you, Corey and Tony for sure!

#61 4 years ago

This year will be my first time at this show. Can you bring your own beer in? Also how close is the Hotel from the show spot?

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from smoothbore19:

This year will be my first time at this show. Can you bring your own beer in? Also how close is the Hotel from the show spot?

If you're at the Ramada it’s right behind it. No outside beer allowed inside. They serve beer inside.

#63 4 years ago

Well dang that is one of the great things about the Denver show. Its in the hotel and you can bring your own beer in. Guess I wont be buying beer at the show. Unless they are two bucks or less.

#64 4 years ago

chuckwurt This will be my 1st LAX and LAX pinball tourney. Will the tournament bank be announced prior to the event?

#65 4 years ago

Have a Transformers LE combo that I can deliver to Louisville expo. See my marketplace add for details.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from GuiitarMan:

chuckwurt This will be my 1st LAX and LAX pinball tourney. Will the tournament bank be announced prior to the event?

Checking.

EDIT: couple days the bank should be known. They are still nailing it down. I was hoping to use my diamond lady in it but doesn’t look like it will work out.

#67 4 years ago

Thanks @chuckwurt!!!

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Checking.
    I was hoping to use my diamond lady in it but doesn’t look like it will work out.

No fair stacking the deck!

As for byob... I don't want to encourage anything that might get folks in trouble, but each of last 4 years I've attended I've not had any problems. Then again I bring games so that probably helps. But I also know some folks are creative... be discreet (aka bring your own vessel / coozie), don't be a jackass, and don't push your luck. And support the show by at least buying some snacks and food if they don't offer your beverage fuel of choice.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

I am bringing some Game Plans..
    Andromeda, Cyclopes and Captain Hook.
    Not sure about the 4th game yet.

You could bring your Pinbot to sit next to my bride? I think she’d like that

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from smoothbore19:

Unless they are two bucks or less.

I want to say american draft beers are around $3 for 16 oz. We do our best to keep concession prices low and fair!

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoreyStup:

I want to say american draft beers are around $3 for 16 oz. We do our best to keep concession prices low and fair!

Thats fantastic honestly! Pretty sure chuckwurt charged me double that at his Cincinnati event, now I know how he can afford so many machines!

In all honesty, thats more than fair!

#72 4 years ago

Listen here hillbilly we’re lucky that hotel served any beer! Haha. Been one of our challenges with them.

Heard it here first. At pincinnati bring your own booze in. Haha. If you get caught you don’t know me.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Listen here hillbilly we’re lucky that hotel served any beer! Haha. Been one of our challenges with them.
    Heard it here first. At pincinnati bring your own booze in. Haha. If you get caught you don’t know me.

Im TOTALLY joking! I cant even remember the prices. I just remember having an amazing time.

#74 4 years ago

Game list is published to the website as of 2/20. Anyone planning on bringing games please get them registered for us! Thanks!

http://louisvillearcade.com

http://louisvillearcade.com/bring_a_game

#75 4 years ago

Just added Flash Gordon and Nitro Ground Shaker to the list.
    Looking forward to as always.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoreyStup:

Pinball list as of 2/16/2020:
    AC/DC Pro
    Aerosmith Pro
    AFM
    Andromeda
    Arena
    Back To The Future
    The Beatles
    BKSOR premium
    Captain Hook
    Circa 1933 (cocktail)
    Comet
    Cyclopes
    El Dorado (1975)
    Elvira's House of Horrors
    Firepower
    Gorgar
    High Speed
    Hyperball
    Joust
    NASCAR
    police force
    Revenge from Mars
    Robowar
    Steamboat Willie
    Strikes and Spares (Bally)
    Street fighter 2
    Street Fighter II Champion Edition
    Teenage mutant ninja turtles
    Terminator 3
    The Machine: Bride of Pinbot
    Time Fantasy UV
    Varkon
    If anyone hasn't added their game, please do so at http://louisvillearcade.com/bring_a_game
    Thanks!

OK who put Steamboat Willie on the list? Nobody has ever made a Steamboat Willie game and It's still licensed by Disney until 2024.

#77 4 years ago

Just signed up for the main tourney.

Making the trek from Anchorage.

Should be fun!

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Thanks chuckwurt!!!

Louisville Arcade Expo
    Tentatively these are the games in the tournament bank.

Game List
    Andromeda
    Wheel of Fortune
    World Poker Tour
    The Getaway High Speed 2
    Williams Lady Luck
    Metallica Pro
    Game of Thrones Pro
    Ironman
    Arena
    Dirty Harry
    Strikes and Spares

Three Mystery Machines to be added but this is the core list.

#79 4 years ago

Are pinball people last minute drop ins usually? The list seems a bit lighter than I expected but still a pretty good lineup! Was hoping to see the Funhouse from Pincinatti as I couldn’t stop playing that one! Hopefully he comes. I’m also surprised a Medieval madness hasn’t popped in yet.

#80 4 years ago

If anyone has room for an extra couple games and is going down for setup I’m happy to bring a couple games. I just can’t be there until Friday night so I’m going to miss setup.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Are pinball people last minute drop ins usually? The list seems a bit lighter than I expected but still a pretty good lineup! Was hoping to see the Funhouse from Pincinatti as I couldn’t stop playing that one! Hopefully he comes. I’m also surprised a Medieval madness hasn’t popped in yet.

I believe there will be a MM original there the guy that's bringing it hasn't done the registration...

Phoebe

#82 4 years ago

anyone bringing any cabaret arcade games? i want to get one to go with my ms. pacman

#83 4 years ago

Are the tourney games quarantined from the main show? I see some tourney titles that are listed as registered for the show, and others that aren't mentioned elsewhere.

Would be nice to have clarification as I personally dislike when games are listed for the general show only to be essentially inaccessible because of tournaments (I don't want to subscribe an afternoon in queue to play the one or two games unique to the tourney area).

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Seriously? You liked that annoying bell and smoke shooting off? I kept hoping it would break down. Keep your fingers crossed for the bugs bunny birthday

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Are the tourney games quarantined from the main show? I see some tourney titles that are listed as registered for the show, and others that aren't mentioned elsewhere.
    Would be nice to have clarification as I personally dislike when games are listed for the general show only to be essentially inaccessible because of tournaments (I don't want to subscribe an afternoon in queue to play the one or two games unique to the tourney area).

Per Whayne they will be available all day and night Friday and after tournaments on Saturday.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Seriously? You liked that annoying bell and smoke shooting off? I kept hoping it would break down. Keep your fingers crossed for the bugs bunny birthday

I mean the bell wasn’t really to my taste. It actually scared me the first time. I was more so talking about the beautiful restoration and gameplay on it.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

You sir are crazy. Haha. Loved that rig. Sad the hotel at pincinnati nixed it.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You sir are crazy. Haha. Loved that rig. Sad the hotel at pincinnati nixed it.

Wow why did they care? It was a loud bell in a room full of other less loud bells and the room it was in appeared to be fairly far away from guest rooms.

#89 4 years ago

I could see some public building managers having little patience for something that literally spews smoke with a loud fire alarm.

Even if it didn't cause a panic, it could brew a "chicken little" effect after so many hours, or confuse a legit situation. "Meh, that's just the fun house again... Oh wait, shit, this time it's real!"

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Wow why did they care? It was a loud bell in a room full of other less loud bells and the room it was in appeared to be fairly far away from guest rooms.

It was the fog machine not the bell. The ceilings are low at pincinnati and they didn’t think the fog would dissipate quick enough so worried about the fire alarms.

#91 4 years ago

Like REM, that was just me in the corner.

#92 4 years ago

Goddamn what did I miss? Next year we'll whoop it up Chuck.

#93 4 years ago

This year one of the greatest death metal bands ever, Autopsy, is playin a Chicago show on the Sat of LAX. Not sure what's goin down yet. Might just bring my probation officer fuck it.

#94 4 years ago

Never heard of Autopsy and I won't pretend Death Metal is my home genre, but the name checks out and I'm chuckling just thinking about it. Death Metal Autopsy hahaha. Gonna have to look them up later.

#95 4 years ago

hey i registered to play in both tourneys over the weekend and
    ive never played in any kind of tournament before.
    how do these two formats work. looking forward to having
    some fun and meeting some people on here. ive gone to the
    last 2 expos and wanted to participate more going forward.

#96 4 years ago

So the Saturday tournament will be a session of matchplay qualifying. So that means you’ll be paired with 3 other players on a game and then you play that game. You’ll get points for where you finish in your group (7,5,3,1) for first through 4th.

Then you’ll be paired with new people on a new game. You’ll do that for I think 5-6 games. Then if you’re in the top 50% of the people playing you’ll advance to the finals.

The finals are also groups of 4 playing together but this time you’ll play 3-4 games with the same group. If you’re one of the top 2 in your group after those games you move on. Do that until there’s a final 4. Then one last time to crown the winner.

Sunday is a ladder format. I’m not totally sure how Whayne is going to do that but it has something to do with making sure you never get last place in the games you play. If you get last, you’re out.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sunday is a ladder format. I’m not totally sure how Whayne is going to do that but it has something to do with making sure you never get last place in the games you play. If you get last, you’re out.

It is a new format that is being introduced in Louisville involving a pinball machine, a 12 ft step ladder and a bottle of bourbon.

Joking of course. At least I am pretty sure that is not what Whayne has in mind.

Can't wait till next week!!!!

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

It is a new format that is being introduced in Louisville involving a pinball machine, a 12 ft step ladder and a bottle of bourbon.
    Joking of course. At least I am pretty sure that is not what Whayne has in mind.
    Can't wait till next week!!!!

LOL!! Sounds like our kinda tourney!! We'll fit right in!!

Looking forward to it! (Is it the 5th yet!!!)
    See you all there!!

Phoebe

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

LOL!! Sounds like our kinda tourney!! We'll fit right in!!
    Looking forward to it! (Is it the 5th yet!!!)
    See you all there!!
    Phoebe

Woah! Phoebe in the house!
    I am setting some games up next to you this year!

-Jeremy

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

hey i registered to play in both tourneys over the weekend and
    ive never played in any kind of tournament before.
    how do these two formats work. looking forward to having
    some fun and meeting some people on here. ive gone to the
    last 2 expos and wanted to participate more going forward.

Hey dude, I'm in the same boat as a formal tournament newbie. Just look for the guy with long red hair in the Mariners hat and we can team up to look like we know what we are doing

There are 348 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-2020-march-6th-8th-2020/page/2?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.