(Topic ID: 231992)

Louisville Arcade Expo 2019 (March 1st-3rd, 2019)

By CoreyStup

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dantesmark
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53478410_10217371800264531_5599537309780279296_o (resized).jpg
    LaxLane (resized).jpg
    7CE6D0ED-AD0C-44DF-8C3E-C0638256BBBC (resized).jpeg
    20190301_192432 (resized).jpg
    20190301_192016 (resized).jpg
    15C75635-C22A-4F6B-BBE8-027E3B1D54F5 (resized).jpeg
    82AD41A9-FD4B-4BFC-9E9E-D2A87E03B14C (resized).jpeg
    1278C94D-3902-4104-A100-6E44C24F9CA5 (resized).jpeg
    hqdefault (4) (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    20190228_163255 (resized).jpg
    20190228_133807 (resized).jpg
    annotated_map (resized).png
    DicksAlmostHere (resized).jpg
    MINTY-FRESH-meme-29670 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8168 (resized).JPG
    There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 5 years ago

Louisville Arcade Expo is back for its ninth year!

The Annual Louisville Arcade Expo is being held once again at the Triple Crown Pavilion at the Ramada Plaza in Louisville, KY, Friday March 1st - Sunday March 3rd, 2019. Three days of retro gaming - including pinball, video arcades, classic consoles and computers. We'll have costume contests, console tournaments, music, seminars, a charity raffle, and more!

New pinball machines from Stern Pinball, Jersey Jack Pinball and American Pinball will be available for free play.

Speaker, event and vendor announcements coming soon!

Discount hotel announcements coming soon!

Ticket prices are the same as last year.
    Friday March 1: 2pm-midnight
    Saturday March 2: 10am - midnight
    Sunday March 3 10am - 4pm
    Adults ages 11-up: $30 for Friday or Saturday. $25 for Sunday. $65 for a weekend pass.
    Kids ages 0-10: free with adult purchase

Discounts given for online pre-registration. Pre-registration will begin January 1st, 2019!

Bring a full size pinball or arcade video game for free play and get a free admission for each game you bring! For every game you bring and every day the game is at the show in playing condition, you will be entered into a drawing for door prizes.

Interested in becoming a vendor for LAX 2019? Contact us on Facebook for availability and pricing.

Visit our website for more information: http://www.LouisvilleArcade.com
    Find us on facebook at http://facebook.com/LouisvilleArcade or twitter @arcaderx
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/louisville-arcade-expo-2019

Please note: There will be no LAX pinball tournament for 2019. We're taking a break this year and are looking forward to doing another tournament in the future.
    47686571_2317708731595990_4609630928115859456_n (resized).png47686571_2317708731595990_4609630928115859456_n (resized).pnglogoblkletterswhitebg (resized).pnglogoblkletterswhitebg (resized).png

#2 5 years ago

Can’t wait! One of my must attend shows!!

#3 5 years ago

Let me know when you start putting together a Minion's List.
    I'll be glad to volunteer some of my time over the 3 days.

#5 5 years ago

Even though there is no official tournament, would it still be possible to have a strike format tournament on the games that are at the show?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can’t wait! One of my must attend shows!!

if I lived that close, id go too!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

if I lived that close, id go too!

4:15 away for you. That’s plenty close. You won’t regret it!

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

4:15 away for you. That’s plenty close. You won’t regret it!

tpf a few weeks later. can't swing both.

#10 5 years ago

Looking forward to it!!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

tpf a few weeks later. can't swing both.

Hear ya there. March is my busiest time of year. I can barely swing LAX.

2 weeks later
    #13 5 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

wonder why no tourney?

I just wanted to go back and see if my B Division trophy from last year had arrived yet...

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

wonder why no tourney?

I could tell ya but all the thumbs down I'd get would put me 8ft under

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

I could tell ya but all the thumbs down I'd get would put me 8ft under

Like that's stopped you before..

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Like that's stopped you before..

Now that made me LOL.

#17 5 years ago

Online tickets are now available for purchase!

CLICK HERE for online ordering with a discount coupon for Pinside members.

Until January 31st, Pinside members use coupon code "TOPPER" for $5/off each ticket.
    Using the link above will automatically apply the coupon.

45568511_2271670602866470_5266121223384858624_o (resized).jpg45568511_2271670602866470_5266121223384858624_o (resized).jpg

#18 5 years ago

Looking forward to it! Good times. Cheers, friends!

#19 5 years ago

Are there plans to eventually post a listing of machines expected to be there? My friend has four pins he brought last year plus one of mine. I have three to bring now along with his four. I wasn’t sure if there was a way to sign up to bring games.

#20 5 years ago

Agree with ^.

Will there be a list of machines being brought, added to the website? Website looks kind of bare for 50ish days out.

#21 5 years ago

We'll be posting more details soon as they are all finalized. Game list, vendors, console tournament details, etc. It's all coming, I promise!

We will also be announcing online registration for bringing games within the next week. Hopefully that will make it easier to check in on Thursday and Friday with machines in tow.

#22 5 years ago

So who's bringing what to the show?

Unfortunately my situation is different this year: my accomplice and trailer buddy just had his first kid and may not make it at all. And my own soldier of a van has... finally earned the right to be questionable. Between us that's up to 7 games that may not make it.

Even though me having 3 put me under more stress than I cared for, my wife pointed out we'd need to bring 4 games to get our girls in free this year... I pointed out that renting our own trailer to do so would make that a wash. So it's all very tentative for me this year, but I still hope to bring something. (If someone is bartering space and passing through Frankfort en route to Louisville and could help, let me know!)

My girls are proud of the Bad Cats they helped restore and customized the playfield on, so I'm considering bringing that somehow (but I really need the proper linear target). If the van lives I have room for one more, leaning toward Expo ('68 EM) again since it's easy to move and a little weird.

Unfortunately Torpedo Alley and Space Shuttle both have fragile parts I'd rather not risk ATM (unobtanium plastics on TA, and my original displays on Shuttle are getting weak even with the 90V voltage drop). My WW is bolted to the floor. Dr. Who is almost bolted; there's always one at the show anyway... but if someone is looking to buy one for desperate money, my wife might be persuaded to bring/sell. That leaves Firepower, Space Station, and/or Old Chicago as possible return candidates if my transport situation frees up.

Can't wait to get the juices flowing again though... the chaotic last few months have kept me locked out of "pinball" and the Cincy / NKY groups, but this show is always a highlight of our year and I'm looking forward to seeing show regulars and friends again!

#23 5 years ago

I hope to bring at least two pins and 1 vid. Right now it's Batman 66, TWD prem, and Donkey Kong Jr.

#24 5 years ago

Sadly I have to go to STL right after the show so no games being brought by me this year. I’m pissed!

#25 5 years ago

I'm hoping to bring 3 pins; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (brought it last year but have improved it some), High Speed 2: Getaway (LEDs and extra lights, poly bands, cleaned up a bunch), and my most recent game, Firepower (LED'd, poly bands, like new except for most inserts are cupped in a little). Another friend is planning to bring 4 games (Funhouse, Bugs Bunny Bday Ball, Ship Ahoy, Trade Winds; all in awesome shape). I'm planning on borrowing an enclosed trailer that will hold 6 games so we're planning to put 6 in there plus 1 in the back of my SUV. It'll be packed. Can't wait. Last year was my first expo. I was at Pincinnati last month but didn't bring a game. Pincinnati was a blast and I'm really looking forward to this year's Louisville expo.

#26 5 years ago

I’m there. First drink is on me at the sports bar inside the Ramada. IHOP, Liquor Barn and lots of lodging close to the event. Just stay away from the Red Carpet, unless you’re into used syringes and bedbugs.

#27 5 years ago

Ill brang somethin fo sure

#28 5 years ago

Are many pins/arcades up for sale at this show?

#30 5 years ago

Haven't decided on which games to bring.
    In the running are:
    - BOPP
    - EBD
    - F14
    - NBAFB
    - CFTBL
    - GB premium
    - Diamond Lady (if I can get it operational in time)

#31 5 years ago

Interested in bringing games to Louisville Arcade Expo for free-play?

Each game brought to LAX Friday thru Sunday receives a free weekend pass for you or your family to enjoy the event!

Sunday after the show, we give awards for Best Arcade and Best Pinball. Each game is entered to win door prizes too!

Click Here and we'll get you registered. You'll get a confirmation email you can use to update later.

Thanks!

#32 5 years ago

Just registered my three. Corey, is the rated R cleland sound package on TWD ok or should I swap code? Not sure it'll be audible with show noise but just thought of it.

#33 5 years ago

Cool. I just registered my games. Will there be a way at some point to see a list of what games are registered? Looks like the link at the end of registration just shows the games I registered. Again, really looking forward the expo.

#34 5 years ago

I'll collect a list in a week or two and post it to the website. If the list is harvested too early, people assume that's it and are sad.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to PM me here or on FB.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

So who's bringing what to the show?
    Unfortunately my situation is different this year: my accomplice and trailer buddy just had his first kid and may not make it at all. And my own soldier of a van has... finally earned the right to be questionable. Between us that's up to 7 games that may not make it.
    Even though me having 3 put me under more stress than I cared for, my wife pointed out we'd need to bring 4 games to get our girls in free this year... I pointed out that renting our own trailer to do so would make that a wash. So it's all very tentative for me this year, but I still hope to bring something. (If someone is bartering space and passing through Frankfort en route to Louisville and could help, let me know!)
    My girls are proud of the Bad Cats they helped restore and customized the playfield on, so I'm considering bringing that somehow (but I really need the proper linear target). If the van lives I have room for one more, leaning toward Expo ('68 EM) again since it's easy to move and a little weird.
    Unfortunately Torpedo Alley and Space Shuttle both have fragile parts I'd rather not risk ATM (unobtanium plastics on TA, and my original displays on Shuttle are getting weak even with the 90V voltage drop). My WW is bolted to the floor. Dr. Who is almost bolted; there's always one at the show anyway... but if someone is looking to buy one for desperate money, my wife might be persuaded to bring/sell. That leaves Firepower, Space Station, and/or Old Chicago as possible return candidates if my transport situation frees up.
    Can't wait to get the juices flowing again though... the chaotic last few months have kept me locked out of "pinball" and the Cincy / NKY groups, but this show is always a highlight of our year and I'm looking forward to seeing show regulars and friends again!

I will be going through Frankfort to get to the show, from Richmond. But we will be towing a 10 foot covered trailer with 6 machines in it, and one in the back. So I cant accommodate anything under those conditions.

But last year we did rent a 10 foot u-haul truck, and it worked great. BUT...it cost us nearly $400 IIRC. Obviously that's pretty expensive for us. But it would be noticeably cheaper rental from Frankfort. I suspect it might even be less than $200...just to give you an idea. Not sure if thats in your price rang though.

If we did not have the trailer we have, we could have worked something out with a truck. But to even split the cost at $400 3 ways. It would be a bit more than we would want to spend this time. Last year was extremely expensive for us.

I truly hope you can find some transportation though. Might consider a tow-behind 10ft. U-haul trailer.

#36 5 years ago

BTW: we are bringing:

Williams Funhouse (With a couple new mods that are sure to be a big hit)
    Bally Bugs Bunny Birthday ball
    1976 Gottlieb Ship Ahoy
    1960 Williams Trade Winds
    Williams High speed 2 - Getaway
    Data East Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Williams Firepower (nearly mint condition)

And yes they are already registered.

#37 5 years ago

Louisville Arcade Expo, Retro Shop and Marco Specialties are teaming up for 2019 to offer show discounted Stern machines for pre-sale starting today!

Games will be shipped to LAX, unboxed and setup for free-play in the Marco tent for the duration of the show. This is a great opportunity to get a new Stern game with just a few days of play on it. Shipping and sales tax are free too!

Louisville Arcade Expo will also provide a free weekend pass with each game!

Games available:
    Munsters Pro
    Deadpool Pro / Premium
    Iron Maiden Pro / Premium
    Guardians of the Galaxy Pro / Premium
    Star Wars Pro / Premium
    Batman Premium
    Ghostbusters Premium
    Metallica Pro / Premium (Monsters)
    Star Trek Vault Pro / Vault Premium
    AC/DC Vault Pro / Vault Premium / Luci

Click here to email Tony at Retro Shop (http://retroshopky.com) for more information on pricing and availability. All orders must be in and paid for before February 8th or the games will not be delivered in time.

The fine print:
    - Quantities of some games are extremely limited.
    - Games must be pre-ordered and paid in full on or before February 8.
    - Games will be setup and set on free play for the entirety of the show.
    - You're responsible for breaking down, packing up and transporting the game after the show ends on Sunday at 4:00 pm.
    - All sales are final. No upgrades/downgrades.
    - Credit cards will incur an additional fee. Check/money order/wire transfer is best.

28951625_828179490712506_5407826114468904960_o (resized).jpg28951625_828179490712506_5407826114468904960_o (resized).jpg
    #38 5 years ago

After missing pincinnati - can't wait for this one.

#39 5 years ago

Very tempted to take this offer up of a show game. Thanks for offering it.

#40 5 years ago

Great deal!

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

After missing pincinnati - can't wait for this one.

How's your back doing?

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

How's your back doing?

I can get around pretty good yet - no lifting, but so much better...

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from CoreyStup:

Louisville Arcade Expo, Retro Shop and Marco Specialties are teaming up for 2019 to offer show discounted Stern machines for pre-sale starting today!
    Games will be shipped to LAX, unboxed and setup for free-play in the Marco tent for the duration of the show. This is a great opportunity to get a new Stern game with just a few days of play on it. Shipping and sales tax are free too!
    Louisville Arcade Expo will also provide a free weekend pass with each game!
    Games available:
    Munsters Pro
    Deadpool Pro / Premium
    Iron Maiden Pro / Premium
    Guardians of the Galaxy Pro / Premium
    Star Wars Pro / Premium
    Batman Premium
    Ghostbusters Premium
    Metallica Pro / Premium (Monsters)
    Star Trek Vault Pro / Vault Premium
    AC/DC Vault Pro / Vault Premium / Luci
    Click here to email Tony at Retro Shop (http://retroshopky.com) for more information on pricing and availability. All orders must be in and paid for before February 8th or the games will not be delivered in time.
    The fine print:
    - Quantities of some games are extremely limited.
    - Games must be pre-ordered and paid in full on or before February 8.
    - Games will be setup and set on free play for the entirety of the show.
    - You're responsible for breaking down, packing up and transporting the game after the show ends on Sunday at 4:00 pm.
    - All sales are final. No upgrades/downgrades.
    - Credit cards will incur an additional fee. Check/money order/wire transfer is best.[quoted image]

Good thing you're not offering this on CGC games too or it may just be too good for me to pass up on and I don't really have room for another game right now!

#44 5 years ago

Just sent a check for one of the show games. good thing Feb is a short month.

#45 5 years ago

Lemme guess... munsters

#47 5 years ago

Anyone bringing a WOZ to sell at Louisville?

#48 5 years ago

Deadpool?

#49 5 years ago

Still planning on bringing a game to the Expo? Get it registered here today!

As of today, here's what games have been registered.

Arcades
    Asteroids Deluxe
    DDR EXTREME
    Virtual on 2
    Puzzle fighter
    Soul Calibur
    Daytona USA or Daytona USA 2 power Edition
    Donkey Kong - Cocktail
    Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man combo
    Polybius
    Fix it Felix, Jr.
    Tutankham
    Tekken 2
    Final Fight
    Crystal Castles cocktail
    Wonderboy
    Space Invaders cocktail
    Donkey Kong 3
    Millipede
    Dragon's Lair
    Space Ace
    Cobra Command
    Star Wars
    Star Trek
    Gauntlet
    Millipede Cocktail
    Capcom Bowling
    Bobby Orr Power Play
    Ms. Pacman cocktail
    Donkey Kong Jr
    Atari Football
    Super Chexx Bubble Hockey
    Bubble Bobble
    Bad Dudes
    Ladybug
    Gate of Doom
    Rough Ranger
    Ataxx
    Commando
    Ghosts and Gobblins

Pinball
    Flintstones
    Hurricane
    Black Knight
    Star Trek (Data East)
    High Speed
    Comet
    NBA fastbreak
    Bon voyage
    Gladiators
    Star Wars (Data East)
    Medievil Madness (original)
    Joust
    Rat Race
    Varkon
    Iron Maiden premium
    Star Light
    Warlok
    Valiant
    Slick chick
    Gorgar
    Back To The Future
    Bad Cats
    Expo (1968)
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Funhouse (Williams 1990)
    Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball (Bally 1991)
    Ship Ahoy (1976 Gottlieb)
    Trade Winds (1962 Williams)
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    NBA Fastbreak
    F14 Tomcat
    Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Diamond Lady
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    The Getaway: High Speed II
    Firepower
    Batman 66
    The Walking Dead (Premium)
    Capcom Breakshot
    Gottlieb Silver Slugger
    Hyperball
    Last Action Hero
    Spooky
    Blackout

#50 5 years ago

Um. We need the NBA fastbreak owners to work together and link them up! Let’s make it happen people!

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-2019-march-1st-3rd-2019?hl=backyardace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.