(Topic ID: 231992)

Louisville Arcade Expo 2019 (March 1st-3rd, 2019)

By CoreyStup

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dantesmark
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53478410_10217371800264531_5599537309780279296_o (resized).jpg
    LaxLane (resized).jpg
    7CE6D0ED-AD0C-44DF-8C3E-C0638256BBBC (resized).jpeg
    20190301_192432 (resized).jpg
    20190301_192016 (resized).jpg
    15C75635-C22A-4F6B-BBE8-027E3B1D54F5 (resized).jpeg
    82AD41A9-FD4B-4BFC-9E9E-D2A87E03B14C (resized).jpeg
    1278C94D-3902-4104-A100-6E44C24F9CA5 (resized).jpeg
    hqdefault (4) (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    20190228_163255 (resized).jpg
    20190228_133807 (resized).jpg
    annotated_map (resized).png
    DicksAlmostHere (resized).jpg
    MINTY-FRESH-meme-29670 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8168 (resized).JPG

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 5 years ago

These were amazing, never played them before!

15C75635-C22A-4F6B-BBE8-027E3B1D54F5 (resized).jpeg15C75635-C22A-4F6B-BBE8-027E3B1D54F5 (resized).jpeg82AD41A9-FD4B-4BFC-9E9E-D2A87E03B14C (resized).jpeg82AD41A9-FD4B-4BFC-9E9E-D2A87E03B14C (resized).jpeg
    #202 5 years ago

man im always working

wish I could have stopped down

#203 5 years ago

Good times

20190301_192016 (resized).jpg20190301_192016 (resized).jpg20190301_192432 (resized).jpg20190301_192432 (resized).jpg
    #204 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

That is one very nice Getaway, wonderfully lit for a dark show and buttery smooth!

Thanks man! First time bringing it to a show. Picked it up over the last year and did a lot of repairs, cleaning and upgrading. It’s quickly become a family favorite. Fire Power is my most recent project. Got it working a few months ago.

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from rlbohon3:

Thanks man! First time bringing it to a show. Picked it up over the last year and did a lot of repairs, cleaning and upgrading. It’s quickly become a family favorite. Fire Power is my most recent project. Got it working a few months ago.

Hit us up if you want to bring games to Pincinnati. Your games play great!

#206 5 years ago

That Funhouse is sick! And the Getaway and Firepower near it were pretty sweet. Never understood the intrigue with Firepower until tonight playing that fine tuned machine.

#207 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hit us up if you want to bring games to Pincinnati. Your games play great!

Thanks; will do! Pincinnati back in November was great. Hope to bring these next time.

Quoted from chaskett:

That Funhouse is sick! And the Getaway and Firepower near it were pretty sweet. Never understood the intrigue with Firepower until tonight playing that fine tuned machine.

Thanks man. It’s fun making these games pop and sorta new again, and even more fun getting other folks to try ‘em out and get impressions.

Lee

#208 5 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Well sometimes you can't keep a good van down, so everything made it intact! And now because I'm a dumbass that jinxed it, come play Bad Cats and give my playfield-painting girls their props before the gods say otherwise and strike me. Lots of great stuff here already!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Badcats looked and played great! I think i might have spied your old Pinbot with the speaker grill at Recbar as well.

#209 5 years ago

Thanks! Seafood wheel worked off the spindle last night but I got that fixed before open today. Milk target 3 ipto is being wonky and is hard to access, but is comping for now.

The fun house fog and bell is great, and that Firepower makes me realize I need to tweak my own. Haven't been able to try the getaway yet but I'm sure it's as awesome as it's neighbors.

Kids keep going back to TNA, no complaints from me... As a team we finally had Reactor 3 critical lol

Oh and yes that's my old PinBot... Couldn't have picked a better group of guys to sell it to, and we get to visit it also

#210 5 years ago

Had fun with my family at the show last night. Had a great time on the fantastic Getaway. My only criticism of the show this year is that the games' volumes were turned down very low on almost all the games. I had my ear next to the Beatles speaker at the Marco booth and still couldn't hear the music over the flippers. Otherwise, a great show. Thanks to all who brought games.

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from chaskett:

Badcats looked and played great! I think i might have spied your old Pinbot with the speaker grill at Recbar as well.

recbar is great for pinball

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from rlbohon3:

Great show so far tonight! Be sure to check out my buddy’s Fun House. Definitely equipped with a few unexpected extras. Bad Cats played awesome. Nice, smooth playing game. Loving Circus Voltaire too. Met a nice guy who played my Getaway, scored 450 million tonight on his first game in over 20 years. FP and TMNT getting some good play too. Lots of fun overall.
    [quoted image]

I played your Getaway and it was a Beaut!

#213 5 years ago

Our guys just finished unloading. Long but awesome weekend. Good to meet some new people and see all the old buddies. See everyone soon!

#214 5 years ago

Ahhh... finally home, seven games in tow. Definitely a fun but exhausting weekend. Totally worth it. Met lots of nice folks.

#215 5 years ago

That Firepower was great. Made me sorry i sold mine. Gonna have to find another!

7CE6D0ED-AD0C-44DF-8C3E-C0638256BBBC (resized).jpeg7CE6D0ED-AD0C-44DF-8C3E-C0638256BBBC (resized).jpeg
    #216 5 years ago
    Quoted from indy5mike:

That Firepower was great. Made me sorry i sold mine. Gonna have to find another!
    [quoted image]

Thanks man. Glad to share it at the show.

#217 5 years ago

Great weekend, folks! Wonderful showing of pins this year. Really enjoyed Getaway, Whitewater, Gryszzz's ACDC, MBr, AFMr, Oktoberfest, Beatles, and many others. Shout out to Antz for the amazing hospitality he showed us Friday night at Zanzabar!!! What a great guy! Lost a few bucks to Trent and Deborah on Saturday, but had a blast playing against them. Great tourney at RecBar Saturday night. Oh, what a late night it was. Still can't believe Gryszzz took 3rd place in the tourney after muttering several times, "F#@k your stupid tournament!" Exhausting weekend, but well worth it. Great to see many friends and make some new ones. Thanks to everyone that brought machines for us to enjoy! This was a great show to attend, and definitely one to return to again next year. Cheers, silverballers!

#218 5 years ago

Congrats to Jjsmooth on winning the Saturday night Recbar tournament. It was a true test of the liver and he outlasted some extremely intoxicated people. Haha

Tons of fun as always! Let’s do it again next year!

#219 5 years ago

Oh man... exhausted as I was, on the way home I was still in disbelief: how could it be over already? Nooooo!

What can I say without rambling on? Always such an awesome time. Finally re-met the Walking GRYSZZZ and ViolinSteve... Bounced around troubleshooting and fixing machines for folks... embarrassed myself on the drum game... played Primus and TNA over and over and over... Played / got stoned by (???) Polybius...

Whomever had the brilliant idea to move my Williams Expo EM next to TNA: I laughed when I walked in and saw that: "WTF, how is that even fair hahaha???" But folks must have appreciated it; I'm pretty tickled to win "Best EM" since there was no competing with that Funhouse ha ha. Bill and the back-corner guys had some sweet machines! Still, my kids' work was featured on the local news (warning I have a voice for print and face for radio): https://www.wlky.com/article/arcade-expo-gives-parents-kids-a-chance-to-bond-over-classic-games/26610282

Ah but there are too many other games and faces and people and highlights to list. I'll just conclude that my personal highlight was, despite my aching feet and fat ass, putting my smack-talking 14yo daughter back in her place on DDR

BIG THANKS to Corey and Joe and Wayne and the rest of the crew. Bring on LAX 2020!

#220 5 years ago

Good job on the interview. I like how the article says only dozens attended

#221 5 years ago

That Getaway mentioned above was a joy to play. I got to try it a couple of times along with the Bugs Bunny next to it - I wanted to play the TMNT also but it seemed always occupied - and it played beautifully. Thanks to everybody who brought games. I’m partial to Premier system 3 dmds (yes, I’m the one) and the recbar guys had a nice wipeout there among others - I understand the recbar guys had 70 machines there which was quite the effort to say the least. I also played that lovely space shuttle and a bunch of other fun stuff. But in general thanks to everyone who took the trouble to bring games. It made for a fun time and the show seemed very well attended which was nice to see. Kudos to all.

#222 5 years ago

Opening quote of that story was the best: "Dozens of people attended this year's Louisville Arcade Expo" Yeah, dozens...
    Hundreds of dozens....

#223 5 years ago

FAKE NEWS

(only accurate when counting attendees before opening / during churchin' time / as a snowstorm rages)

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Congrats to jjsmooth on winning the Saturday night Recbar tournament. It was a true test of the liver and he outlasted some extremely intoxicated people. Haha
    Tons of fun as always! Let’s do it again next year!

I owe my newfound pinball prowess to a new approach I'm taking. Its a multi pronged effort.
    A) - Absolutely no physical activity before the contest
    B) - Plenty of performance enhancing drugs
    C) - Gotta stay hydrated before and especially during contest for maximum benefit (Coors).
    I think the results speak for themselves.
    Great show, fun tournament.

#225 5 years ago

I didn't get to come until a couple hours before close on Sunday.

Maybe consider discounting tickets during that time?

It wasn't fun having to dodge (and keep my daughter from getting run over by) all the people taking games out early.

Otherwise there was still a fun lineup of games available until the end. I just wish I had been able to be there longer.

Hopefully next year I have the energy to bring a game again, like I did in the years before having a kid...

#226 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I owe my newfound pinball prowess to a new approach I'm taking. Its a multi pronged effort.
    A) - Absolutely no physical activity before the contest
    B) - Plenty of performance enhancing drugs
    C) - Gotta stay hydrated before and especially during contest for maximum benefit (Coors).
    I think the results speak for themselves.
    Great show, fun tournament.

Started with the highest score on Oktoberfest all weekend and ended with a very strong score on Jackbot. Well done.

#227 5 years ago

More proof that my methods work..
    Thx.

#228 5 years ago

Anyone end up with an extra CGC show game that is for sale. Would like to take advantage of that promotion but live way too far away to drive to Louisville or Texas.

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from jclass:

Anyone end up with an extra CGC show game that is for sale. Would like to take advantage of that promotion but live way too far away to drive to Louisville or Texas.

There was an unsold AFMR SE sitting there for $7K at the end of the show, it's a good thing I didn't have a way to haul it and my game back or I probably would have bought it. Talk to ZMeny at Flip N Out to see if it is still available, what shipping would cost, etc.

#230 5 years ago

First gameplay of production Oktoberfest: Pinball On Tap

Pre-order yours now at Flip N Out Pinball
    [email protected]

#231 5 years ago

Thanks again to everyone that came to the Flip N Out Pinball booth and chatted with me and the team. Great showing for us, fun to hang out with you all, and honored to continue the tradition of providing pinball machines and support to the Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, and Tennessee areas!

Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

I didn't get to come until a couple hours before close on Sunday.
    Maybe consider discounting tickets during that time?
    It wasn't fun having to dodge (and keep my daughter from getting run over by) all the people taking games out early.

Sunday is already a discounted ticket due to it being the last day and shorter hours. We still try to give a good value and I think most would agree that Sunday's game count was way higher than previous years.

We strongly ask all collectors to leave their games at the show until it closes, however the snow storm was making this tough for some. They had 6+ hour drives ahead of them, in the weather and needed to leave earlier than they had planned too. We try to be reasonable while still having 90%+ of the games available that Friday had.

Please reach out to me if you'd like to make suggestions, we'd love to hear them!

#233 5 years ago

This year was indeed much better than previous (and especially 2018) in terms of Sunday's playable count. Several folks I knew with long drives ahead and multiple games stayed to the very the end. And the majority of the machines were still functional... even most of those that weren't at least had honest attempts to fix them or were on/off as able through the weekend. All much improved from previous years IMO. Keep up the good work.

#234 5 years ago

GUESS WHO LEFT THEIR LEGS THERE

#235 5 years ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

Played the beatles. What a cool pin. Also got to play
    Munsters LE with the full pinstadiums. Wow what a cool
    Light show and got to talk with Scott from pinstadium.
    Dude was super nice and friendly . My favorite pin was that
    badass ACDC that gryzz brought. Awesome. Can't wait
    to go back tomorrow with my grandson.

Hey thanks bub! Was a great show!

#236 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

GUESS WHO LEFT THEIR LEGS THERE

You too?!? I’m sure it had nothing to do with the 3 am pinball tournament. Luckily the legs I left did not belong to any particular game. Haha

#237 5 years ago

I've always used the LAX pins as "honor badges" for the games I take, but this year's included that cool card that struck me a little differently. With a little trimming, it works great!

LaxLane (resized).jpgLaxLane (resized).jpg
    #238 5 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

I've always used the LAX pins as "honor badges" for the games I take, but this year's included that cool card that struck me a little differently. With a little trimming, it works great![quoted image]

Any collector that brought games that didn't get their pin, I'm so sorry! I wasn't ready to hand them out until it was too late. So please, if you didn't get yours let me know via PM and I'll either mail you yours or get it to you the next time I see you at a show or event.

Thanks!

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from CoreyStup:

We strongly ask all collectors to leave their games at the show until it closes, however the snow storm was making this tough for some. They had 6+ hour drives ahead of them, in the weather and needed to leave earlier than they had planned too. We try to be reasonable while still having 90%+ of the games available that Friday had.

Maybe for those who are moving games out early while it's still dark in the venue and there are still kids running around, they should have spotters from the staff help them safely negotiate their way through? Out of nowhere there would be people rolling through with no visibility. Hopefully there were no injuries, but it didn't feel entirely safe to me having my 3-year-old there during the last couple hours on Sunday. One guy had an entire pin, up on legs (one leg leveler was clearly bent and stressed from the move), tilted back on a dolly rocking side to side appearing to almost fall over near my family as we were trying to pay attention to playing a game.

So, sure, Sunday is already discounted, but apparently if you're only able to come in during the last couple hours, you have to deal with a frequent added stress of making sure your family doesn't get crushed while you're in the middle of a game.

I hope this is coming across as constructive feedback. I did enjoy the time I had, but I will probably not bring my family back late on Sunday again. If it had just been me, I'd have had no concerns at all.

#240 5 years ago

3rd place? That's BULLSHIT.

53478410_10217371800264531_5599537309780279296_o (resized).jpg53478410_10217371800264531_5599537309780279296_o (resized).jpg
    #241 5 years ago

Playing that gorgeous The Getaway made me very happy.
    Thank you for sharing.

#242 5 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

Playing that gorgeous The Getaway made me very happy.
    Thank you for sharing.

Agreed!

2 months later
    #243 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoreyStup:

Game list as of 2/6/19. This list doesn't include new/demo games from JJP, American, CCG or Stern. And some people haven't registered yet.
    Arcade Games
    ------------
    Asteroids Deluxe
    Atari Football
    Ataxx
    Bad Dudes
    Bobby Orr Power Play
    Bozo Toss
    Bubble Bobble
    Capcom Bowling
    Cobra Command
    Commando
    Crystal Castles cocktail
    Daytona USA
    DDR EXTREME
    Domino Man
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong 3
    Donkey Kong Jr
    Dragon's Lair
    Final Fight
    Final Furlong
    Fix it Felix, Jr.
    Gate of Doom
    Gauntlet
    Ghosts and Gobblins
    Ladybug
    marvel super heroes
    Maxium Force
    Millipede
    Ms. Pacman cocktail
    OFFROAD 3 player
    Pac-Man Plus - Bally-Midway
    Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man combo
    Polybius
    Puzzle fighter
    Rough Ranger
    Scramble - Stern
    Simpson's 4 Player
    Skee Ball
    Soul Calibur
    Space Ace
    Space Invaders cocktail
    Star Trek
    Star Wars
    Super Chexx Bubble Hockey
    Tekken 2
    Title Fight
    Tutankham
    Two Tigers - Bally-Midway
    Virtual on 2 this is a large sit down two player game
    Wonderboy
    Wrestlemania 4 Player
    WWF Wrestlefest
    x-men vs streetfighter - capcom big blue
    KIDDIERAMA Cartoon Theater
    Ride on horse
    Pinball
    -------
    AC/DC
    Back To The Future
    Bad Cats
    Barb Wire
    Batman 66
    Black Knight
    Blackout
    Bon voyage
    Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball
    Comet
    Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Cue Ball Wizard
    Diamond Lady
    Doctor Who
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Expo (1968)
    F14 Tomcat
    FIRE!
    Firepower
    Flintstones
    Funhouse
    Gladiators
    Gorgar
    Gottlieb Silver Slugger
    High Speed
    Hot Shot
    Hurricane
    Hyperball
    Iron Maiden Premium
    Joust
    Last Action Hero
    Lethal Weapon 3
    Mario Andretti
    Medieval Madness
    Monday Night Football
    NBA Fastbreak
    Playboy(Data East)
    Rat Race
    Secret Service
    SHAQ
    Ship Ahoy (1976 Gottlieb)
    Slick chick
    Slugfest
    Spooky
    Star Light
    Star Trek (Data East)
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Star Wars (Data East)
    Strikes and Spares(Gottlieb)
    Super Mario Mushroom World
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    The Getaway: High Speed II
    The Walking Dead (Premium)
    Theater of Magic
    Trade Winds (1962 Williams)
    Valiant
    Varkon
    Warlok
    Whitewater
    X-Files

Hello There, If you still have the Mario pin. I'm Interested.
    Respectfully
    ~Joey

#244 4 years ago

In partnership with Pixel Brain Productions, the 2019 Louisville Arcade Expo recap video is now live! Check it out!

2 weeks later
    #245 4 years ago

Great vid!
    Amazing weekend!
    Thx Corey!

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-2019-march-1st-3rd-2019/page/5?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.