(Topic ID: 231992)

Louisville Arcade Expo 2019 (March 1st-3rd, 2019)

By CoreyStup

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dantesmark
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53478410_10217371800264531_5599537309780279296_o (resized).jpg
    LaxLane (resized).jpg
    7CE6D0ED-AD0C-44DF-8C3E-C0638256BBBC (resized).jpeg
    20190301_192432 (resized).jpg
    20190301_192016 (resized).jpg
    15C75635-C22A-4F6B-BBE8-027E3B1D54F5 (resized).jpeg
    82AD41A9-FD4B-4BFC-9E9E-D2A87E03B14C (resized).jpeg
    1278C94D-3902-4104-A100-6E44C24F9CA5 (resized).jpeg
    hqdefault (4) (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    20190228_163255 (resized).jpg
    20190228_133807 (resized).jpg
    annotated_map (resized).png
    DicksAlmostHere (resized).jpg
    MINTY-FRESH-meme-29670 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8168 (resized).JPG
    There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I got some floor you can pull up if ya need it. Seriously, if anyone needs a spot my door always open.
    Just don't touch 1) my stereo or 2) my stash. And we're all good.

I’ll touch whatever I want and you’ll like it.

#102 5 years ago

You get a pass Big Sexy.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ummm...yeah, that's my room too. I think Gryszzz said he wants to hang out with the security staff in the hallway all night, so there may be a free bed.

#104 5 years ago

No further on the Ramada. I'm going to guess that it will not re-open in time for the show.

Best Western up the street has kings, king suites and double suites. Doubles are sold out.
    https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/louisville/hotel-rooms/best-western-louisville-east/propertyCode.18103.html

The Marriot next door has both kings and doubles available.
    https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/travel/sdfls-louisville-marriott-east/

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I'll do my best to find an answer!

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from CoreyStup:

No further on the Ramada. I'm going to guess that it will not re-open in time for the show.
    Best Western up the street has kings, king suites and double suites. Doubles are sold out.
    https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/louisville/hotel-rooms/best-western-louisville-east/propertyCode.18103.html
    The Marriot next door has both kings and doubles available.
    https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/travel/sdfls-louisville-marriott-east/
    Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I'll do my best to find an answer!

Asked this on FB. What if Ramada opens day one day before the show and we had a reservation somewhere else we are now locked in to.

Is it possible to cancel Ramada? I tried calling them yesterday and no answer.

#106 5 years ago

If anyone was able to get a hold of someone and cancel Ramada please share the number. Everyone I call either hangs up after some menus or no one picks up.

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

If anyone was able to get a hold of someone and cancel Ramada please share the number. Everyone I call either hangs up after some menus or no one picks up.

I was talking to other people at tourney last night and they were saying that the Ramada hotel # is now forwarded to some random guys cell phone # who just answers "hello" or just hangs up.

#108 5 years ago

Shouldn't the hotel reach out to anyone with reservations whose room is no longer available? Seems like that should be rock dumb common sense for the "hospitality" biz because some folks could get seriously f***ed over if their flight lands and then... oh yeah sorry your room you booked months ago burned (what do you mean you live to far way for the local news?) and now everything else is booked. They do that and OK, F you, I'm not spending another dime with your chain/corporate partners ever again in the future if I can help it.

So my logically naive side says if they haven't said otherwise to folks with reservations, things should be OK. But my cynical side says I've been burned before.

Unfortunately we're not in a position to pay double the rate for our gig, let alone without the convenience of hangover-stumbling across the street to the hall

We live close enough that we could make do commuting unlike others coming from further.

#109 5 years ago

Anyone try calling the Wyndham corporate help line: (800) 854-9517??

#110 5 years ago

I'm confused - are we all going to show up and have no rooms to stay in?

#111 5 years ago

Good thing I only come up for Saturday. I would be pissed if I had no room to stay in.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'm confused - are we all going to show up and have no rooms to stay in?

Looking like it yes. There is currently no one at the hotel working as they don’t even have power. They cannot return until the fire dept clears the places.

I would switch to Marriott or the best western ASAP.

#113 5 years ago

I have been in communication with the management company and will have an update later this afternoon.

A couple notes:
    - This is a franchise location, so corporate's response is often - contact the local facility. Of course the facility has no power so that proves difficult.
    - Corporate support apparently does not have a consistent story to tell customers that the facility is currently closed pending the fire investigation. The "opening in Summer" is for the remodel, not the instance of the fire. I brought up the concerns that corporate support is telling different people different things.
    - The management company assured me no one will be charged for any reservation. Debit card holders may need to have the funds released so we're working on a plan to either bulk cancel all block reservations ASAP or some other process.
    - I'm doing my best to get this resolved by tomorrow. I understand the stress and confusion, believe me.

#114 5 years ago

No worries Corey. As long as people are squared away before the cancellation period of the other hotels, I think that’s fine. Good luck.

#115 5 years ago

Bummer to hear about the fire. For me, the lack of a pinball tourney is enough for me to not come. It's a 5 hour drive one way and the tourney was 80-90% of the reason I have come the last 6 years straight. I realize I am in the minority in feeling that way. Since there is no Stern Circuit event this year, why no other tourney in it's place?

#116 5 years ago

Hotwire has $129 (minus the soon to expire $20 off the total code) for 4 star Jeffersontown West hotel. This is the Marriott East which is right by the event. There are much cheaper hotels also available on Hotwire and Priceline's express deals. My D.C meeting I didn't go to was all $300 plus hotels, so hurray for the land of flyover deplorables. I hope to meet some pinheads next weekend.

#117 5 years ago

I jumped on Priceline and got the Hilton Garden Inn Louisville East for $67/night. 8 minutes away if you can drive

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Bummer to hear about the fire. For me, the lack of a pinball tourney is enough for me to not come. It's a 5 hour drive one way and the tourney was 80-90% of the reason I have come the last 6 years straight. I realize I am in the minority in feeling that way. Since there is no Stern Circuit event this year, why no other tourney in it's place?

Save that PTO and come play in Pincinnati in November! 3 tournaments! Win all three and get over 100 WPPRs!

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Man, you're like this generation's Bogart:

#120 5 years ago

WHOA WHOA WHOA J
    Maybe the worst analogy since the carguement.
    Chuck has the sensual hands of an accountant, and he would never raise one to me lol. He loves me too much.

#121 5 years ago

One week Bozo's!

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

WHOA WHOA WHOA J
    Maybe the worst analogy since the carguement lol.
    Chuck has the sensual hands of an accountant, and he would never raise one to me lol. He loves me too much.

These hands are smoother than a baby’s bottom. Never seen any sort of manual labor. Minty.

#123 5 years ago
    MINTY-FRESH-meme-29670 (resized).jpgMINTY-FRESH-meme-29670 (resized).jpg
    #124 5 years ago

You're only one exterior garage door pic away
    SO CLOSE

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Since there is no Stern Circuit event this year, why no other tourney in it's place?

I enjoy tournament play as well and would love to have my cake and eat it too, but we had to make some choices this year. There are pros and cons to a tournament during the show.

For instance, years ago LAX was a major stop for several circuits, and there were far fewer shows. Now there is a show every other weekend and plenty of tournaments to go around.

I could list dozens of reasons both why and why not...

I'm sorry some people won't be coming to LAX2019 due to no tournament, I'll miss seeing you. Hopefully we can visit at the next show or tournament and catch up!

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I jumped on Priceline and got the Hilton Garden Inn Louisville East for $67/night. 8 minutes away if you can drive

The Garden Inn is a great choice. Right off i64 and still in Jtown!

#127 5 years ago

Any artists or game designers attending this show? I know Donny has been in the past.

#128 5 years ago

FYI, this is an email I received today from the Ramada Inn concerning rooms.
    Hello:

First we would like to apologize for all the confusion the fire has caused you the guest as well as us, the hotel. At this time, all reservations will be cancelled and no one will be charged, for the guest that were due to come during this time. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at anytime. Thank you.

Benton Collins

#129 5 years ago

Bah:. not going to make it. Damn job...

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Bah:. not going to make it. Damn job...

Boooooooo

#131 5 years ago

I will be at the show and hopefully displaying my new product (Dick's Hatband) in a couple of games.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

DicksAlmostHere (resized).jpgDicksAlmostHere (resized).jpg
    #132 5 years ago
    Quoted from bally67:

FYI, this is an email I received today from the Ramada Inn concerning rooms.
    Hello:
    First we would like to apologize for all the confusion the fire has caused you the guest as well as us, the hotel. At this time, all reservations will be cancelled and no one will be charged, for the guest that were due to come during this time. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at anytime. Thank you.
    Benton Collins

Uber / Lyft drivers will be making some $$ there next weekend!

#133 5 years ago

I agree. I made reservations at the Best Western which is .7 miles away. I enjoy walking but my girlfriend has the Lyft/Uber apps in case we need a ride.

#134 5 years ago

The Best Western and Marriott are closer than they are reported. Google Maps gives the front door to front door distance to the Ramada. The Marriott's back door opens right next to the Triple Crown Pavilion.

annotated_map (resized).pngannotated_map (resized).png

#135 5 years ago

It is official, I just received my cancelled email from the Ramada. Funny it doesn't say why, just that it has been canceled.

"Your Ramada Worldwide CANCELLED Booking Notification"

Damon

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from damonbeals:

It is official, I just received my cancelled email from the Ramada. Funny it doesn't say why, just that it has been canceled.
    "Your Ramada Worldwide CANCELLED Booking Notification"
    Damon

When I called Ramada for information they told me i obviously didn’t enter my information correctly and that’s why it was cancelled.

I said, “you sure it ain’t got something to do with the fire and renovations?”

They claimed to have no ability to cancel all reservations remotely and it was due to damaged equipment (BS)

#137 5 years ago

Just saw that American Pinball is sending an Oktoberfest test game to the show, can't wait to play it and see how much it's changed since Pincinnati!

#138 5 years ago

Dont think it has.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Just saw that American Pinball is sending an Oktoberfest test game to the show, can't wait to play it and see how much it's changed since Pincinnati!

Quoted from Dantesmark:

Dont think it has.

Actually confirmed by AP with a production playfield and latest preproduction code. Cabinet is still the same prototype as before and Rosh was unsure of the backglass.

#140 5 years ago

Definitely way more code this go around. Can’t wait!

#141 5 years ago

No monkey business?

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

No monkey business?

He may still be around somewhere, have to keep an eye out for him!

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

He may still be around somewhere, have to keep an eye out for him!

I think I saw him in the bumper cars one video.

#144 5 years ago

Will a T2 be there and still hoping a Cirqus.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aflacjack:

Will a T2 be there and still hoping a Cirqus.

What kind of Bourbon do you have to bribe someone (cough, cough) to bring a C.V. to the show??

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think I saw him in the bumper cars one video.

I'm still partial to his appearance on the translite they had at Pincinnati!

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

What kind of Bourbon do you have to bribe someone (cough, cough) to bring a C.V. to the show??

Name it!

#148 5 years ago

It's been a hellacious week: my girls are smart enough to fix pins to an extent, but dumb enough to pour fishtank gravel down the bathroom sink (yay I just love plumbing and cutting pipes). Fixed that, and the inherited "but it held for how many decades?" repair to a sanitary drain promptly took its cue to start leaking because eff you that's why. Day job devolved into a circus, side gig deadlines crushed me, my buddy got lifed so he (and his 5 games) can't make it, and in the last 8 days I've had to redneck 2 miraculous fixes I'm both proud / not proud of to keep my pinhauler (is there anyone else idiotic enough to daily a 25-year old Aerostar?) spitefully running long enough to schlep my reduced meager offering of two pins to this show.

And then in spite of the recent dry spell, all the rain made the walkout steps so permanently slick, I slipped and bashed the corner of Bad Cats (restored partly by my girls) into a door piston. Ugh. Cracked, but at least fixably so (after the show) and it didn't drop.

I refuse to admit defeat, so even though this seems ready to still blow up in my face, the barge is loaded and ready (?) to head out tomorrow. If anyone sees a decrepit green van on the side of I-64 or US60 westbound toward Louisville tomorrow, help a guy out? Otherwise I'm jonesing for a well-earned break and can't wait for the party to start...!

#149 5 years ago

Rock Hill Farms, Weller 12, Old Rip or Pappy! If you have those you could probably sell them and buy a game with the market the way it is!!

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

It's been a hellacious week: my girls are smart enough to fix pins to an extent, but dumb enough to pour fishtank gravel down the bathroom sink (yay I just love plumbing and cutting pipes). Fixed that, and the inherited "but it held for how many decades?" repair to a sanitary drain promptly took its cue to start leaking because eff you that's why. Day job devolved into a circus, side gig deadlines crushed me, my buddy got lifed so he (and his 5 games) can't make it, and in the last 8 days I've had to redneck 2 miraculous fixes I'm both proud / not proud of to keep my pinhauler (is there anyone else idiotic enough to daily a 25-year old Aerostar?) spitefully running long enough to schlep my reduced meager offering of two pins to this show.
    And then in spite of the recent dry spell, all the rain made the walkout steps so permanently slick, I slipped and bashed the corner of Bad Cats (restored partly by my girls) into a door piston. Ugh. Cracked, and at least it didn't drop.
    I refuse to admit defeat, so even though this seems ready to still blow up in my face, the barge is loaded and ready (?) to head out tomorrow. If anyone sees a decrepit green van on the side of I-64 or US60 westbound toward Louisville tomorrow, help a guy out! Otherwise I'm jonesing for a well-earned break and can't wait for the party to start...!

I don't know you but if you find me at the show I will buy you a drink to reward you for your perseverance!!

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-2019-march-1st-3rd-2019/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.