New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 102528)

Louisiana Pinsider gathering today

By Nevus

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by sinnisterjsb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-854.jpg
    image-642.jpg
    image-159.jpg
    image-370.jpg
    image-151.jpg
    image-299.jpg
    image-436.jpg
    image-993.jpg
    image-502.jpg
    image-165.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Good times today at 2 locations in Shreveport - Bossier City. Thanks to those that drove in to join us.

image-165.jpg image-502.jpg image-993.jpg image-299.jpg image-436.jpg
    #2 6 years ago

More

image-151.jpg image-370.jpg
    #3 6 years ago

The whole group

image-159.jpg

Left to right: ULMPharmD, 10PinGrn, Mudflaps, Jodester, Tim (non-Pinsider), TigerLaw, SinisterJSB, Nevus & Henry.

#4 6 years ago

We really wanted to make it over, but just had too much going on
    Would have loved to try out the new Star Trek code

#5 6 years ago

You Shreveport guys sure have nice games. Y'all are awesome hosts. Thanks for having us. Good getting to meet Mudflaps to, glad he was able to make it. We are still driving back to LC.

#6 6 years ago

Ya'll boil some crawfish ?
    Aint nothin like a LA crawdad po boy.

#7 6 years ago

Was a great time today guys....really enjoyed the day! Thanks to Jody, Edwin and Clarence for making the drives...and to Chris of course for setting the day up! Was great to meet you as well Mudflaps! We should have a third GAMEROOM to stop at each round once we get Johns room done. Good times....

#8 6 years ago

It was a great time. Looking forward to the next time. Thanks to Chris and Aaron for hosting and for everyone driving in.

#9 6 years ago

Awesome time guys! We just got home...tired as heck but worth it.

#10 6 years ago

Thanks for posting pics.
    I know I would have much enjoyed seeing all of you guys and playing some pinball.

Well, let's hear it.
    Can Mudflaps play pinball, or does he just continuously machine gun both flippers at the same time?

Good to see Henry in a pic also. Did Henry school some of the guests on how to play pinball?

#11 6 years ago

I do believe I saw Henry tearing up some AFM at Chris's.....heard that knocker quite a few times!

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Awesome time guys! We just got home...tired as heck but worth it.

Good to hear you guys made it back home safely.

Jodester,

By going up there and getting to play several different pins today, did that help you figure out which pin you might want to get next, or did it only confuse the issue and make things worse?

#13 6 years ago

I was disappointed that I couldn't find any pinball to play when I was down there two weeks ago , beautiful country and super friendly folks though ! Go LSU ! ( I was visiting my brother in Baton Rouge )

#14 6 years ago

Looks like there is a blank spot in that Lineup Chris ? Something missing not for long

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Looks like there is a blank spot in that Lineup Chris ? Something missing not for long

image-854.jpg image-642.jpg
    #16 6 years ago

STTNG is headed to MN and Mustang is headed to LA!

#17 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the invite! It took me several hours of driving through thigh-high weeds to make it Nevus' place, but a shirtless old man on his porch was surprisingly descriptive with providing me follow-on directions. I was subsequently offered to trade said STTNG for a box of tools and some meth (I had neither).

Seriously, thanks a ton for a great time. You guys have some of the nicest games I've ever seen. I felt like I was in the Louvre at ulmpharmd's place.

#18 6 years ago

Had a great time as always at both Chris and Aaron's places. Their games are top notch and a blast to play. I appreciate you guys for your hospitality. Little Henry is a beast at playing pinball, he was putting up some good scores. It was good to meet Jodester, Tigerlaw, and Mudflaps, I hope to see you guys again in the near future. Thanks again.

#19 6 years ago

When you tell everyone at a pinball party that your Banzai Run is in storage, you get a lot of people asking "so what's the story with the Bazai..." You can see the hopeful gleam in the eyes. It's quickly crushed when you say, "It's not going anywhere. I just don't have room for it now".

#20 6 years ago

Is that a bacon scented candle?

Who if anyone was entering their initials in the high scores, and on which machines.

I assume there wasn't any arm wrestling contests, since centerflank wasn't there.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

When you tell everyone at a pinball party that your Banzai Run is in storage, you get a lot of people asking "so what's the story with the Bazai..." You can see the hopeful gleam in the eyes. It's quickly crushed when you say, "It's not going anywhere. I just don't have room for it now".

I may know a guy who would let you store it free of all storage fees in Lake Charles...

Man, that LOTRs LE you have is just simply amazing. Easily the nicest example I have ever seen.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Is that a bacon scented candle?
    Who if anyone was entering their initials in the high scores, and on which machines.
    I assume there wasn't any arm wrestling contests, since centerflank wasn't there.

No arm wrestling at all. Way too much fun admiring many of the machines in both collections.

1 week later
    #23 6 years ago

Who plans to go to the Houston show this year? Is anybody bringing a game???

#24 6 years ago

I am thinking about going

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 17.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 289.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 25.00
    $ 26.95
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside