cm 2 92 (resized).jpg
cm 2 86 (resized).jpg
cm 2 81 (resized).jpg
cm 2 55 (resized).jpg
cm 2 54 (resized).jpg
cm 2 33 (resized).jpg
cm 2 30 (resized).jpg
cm 2 22 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcclad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 5 years ago

I have met quite a few celebrities if my lifetime. Too many to mention. I never treat them any differently than I would anyone else. They just happen to do a different job than I do. They hit baseballs, play a role, or play a guitar, and I sell HVAC equipment. It does not make anyone better than anybody else. I am sure they have a more exciting lifestyle than me, but I don't put them on a pedestal. I loved the Hulk show as a kid. Just this past year I saw Lou at a convention. I did not feel the need to approach him. When I walked by him, I was in a suit of armor so he noticed me and looked up. We both said hello and I walked away. That was my encounter with the Hulk. That was good enough for me.

#149 5 years ago

Many years ago I was at a convention with my friends. I went up to the empty table of one of the celebrities there. It was someone whose work I had admired from the movies that he had done. All I will say is that it was someone who does special effects make up. I had never really met anyone in the that industry before. I had said hello, and politely asked for an autograph after I paid for one of his photos. Even though he clearly was not busy, he could not be bothered to even look up. He did not say a word. He signed his name and then flicked the photo away with his fingertips as if he were dismissing me. I walked away and said that he must have been having a bad day. My friends disagreed and said that he was a dick and has no right to treat a fan like that, especially one who is putting money in his pocket.

Fast forward quite a few years later. I am friends with a pretty well known fantasy artist. I was asked to accompany him to a really big convention. We had met because I was wearing some plate armor covered in bones, spikes and skulls, kind of something you would see in World of Warcraft or D&D, and we got to talking about his work doing illustrations of characters dressed similarly to me. I was suppose to be kind of like a mascot. One day of the convention The hall was empty except for the Playboy centerfolds who were setting up, and me. I was suited up, and I had met them the day before, so they called me over and I was talking to them and enjoying the sympathy that they were giving me because of the hot and heavy stuff I was wearing. I did not make a big deal of the fact that they won the genetic lottery, so I guess they felt comfortable around me, especially since they knew that I was there to work, and not hit on them. (Like I would have had a chance.)

Guess who comes walking up at the moment I am hanging out with a group of beautiful young women. Mr "I am an ass to my fans." The girls all had a look of disgust and whispered that this guy "gives them the creeps and is a jerk." I guess he was all over them the day before. He comes up to me and says, "Wow, Very cool costume!" I looked at him and with my best, and unmistakable dismissing voice said, "Yeah. Thanks." I then turned my back to him and said, "Ok ladies, now where was I.... " and continued with my story. One of them muttered loud enough for him to hear, "Beat it asshole," they started to laugh a little and he walked away. Damn that felt very satisfying. I am sure that he did not care, but I hope that he had the same "WTF was that?" moment that I had, the first time that we met. The next day, I talked to the girls when I was on break, and they gave me quite a few pictures and autographs for free. Since then I do not place too much importance on what you do, but who you are. And I guess for the record I should have been polite to him, and been a bigger person. Nah. Screw that. He had it coming.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I gotta play Savini's advocate...
Imagine doing this shit for like 35 years? Imagine how many countless hundreds of thousands of nerds this guy has had to endure!!!
I know his shitty behavior sucks, but in some small way, I can understand it. It can't help but affect a person in some way. I mean, he was in 'Nam, but I'm sure it was nothing like 4 decades on the convention circuit!!!

Everyone else that I have met, and I mean everyone, was the exact opposite. Rock or movie stars, athletes, artists, etc, you name it and there was not one person that I had a bad experience with. Except for that one time. Some of the famous people that I met were so cool and down to earth. Some of the ones that I admired the most, turned out to be some of the nicest people.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I like that this little tidbit is peppered into all of your stories!

LOL. I work at a Renn fair and my job is just to take pictures with people. I also wear that stuff when I go to a convention with my son. It attracts a lot of attention. Its the way that I have met a whole bunch of celebrities. A lot of times they ask to take a picture with me. Usually they will hang out for a few moments. I don't wait in lines, and I still get to meet some cool people. If I was in street clothes I would be invisible. When I am in my warrior gear I kind of stand out in a crowd.

#161 5 years ago

Quite a few people comment that he is arrogant, stand offish and rude to fans. That he has a chip on his shoulders. I am sure that I am not the only one who was let down after meeting him.

#193 5 years ago

One thing that I never talk to a celebrity about, is what they do for a living. They hear that stuff so much. And I don't make a big deal about them when I am around them. I am fortunate that I have had the opportunity to meet some of them in a somewhat relaxed setting, like before or after a con. I have had some very cool experiences. One time my daughter who is obsessed with Star Wars, was watching The Empire Strikes Back. She commented that she liked the bad guys. I told her that one time Boba Fett was playing with her when she was a toddler, And that I had Darth Vader's home address. I also mentioned that I was friends with some of the other characters. She did not believe me, but after all they are just people, and I have had the chance to work with some of them and afterwards a friendship developed.

Some extremely cool people that stood out:
Anyone from the walking dead. Herschel, Merle, and Daryl were the best.
Anyone from Star Wars.
Richard Dean Anderson. Got to share a whole bunch of laughs with Macgyver.
Karen Allen. Marion Ravenwood is a blast to hang out with
Snoop Dog. Long story. Cool guy.
Meatlof
Van Halen, Warrant, Skid Row, Ozzy, Twisted Sister. Lots of alcohol consumed, but from what I can remember was fun.
Ralph Macchio
Ted Raimi
Michael J Fox

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
3,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcclad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lou-ferrigno-update?tu=mcclad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.