cm 2 92 (resized).jpg
cm 2 86 (resized).jpg
cm 2 81 (resized).jpg
cm 2 55 (resized).jpg
cm 2 54 (resized).jpg
cm 2 33 (resized).jpg
cm 2 30 (resized).jpg
cm 2 22 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_J.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

yes, they get paid to act and not be themselves. An autograph show could be considered a gig since they are getting paid somewhat.
I remember taking my 5 year old daughter to a bret hart signing at a local car dealer. When we got to the table, he said "and who's this pretty girl"? She was ear to ear smiles. I always wanted to thank him for that. He has 2 fans for life. All it took was an extra 3 seconds of kindness.
I think I heard a story from the lead singer ac/dc. He said he never asks people for autographs, but he found himself next to james brown one day and couldn't help himself because he admired him so much. Mr. Brown, could I have an autograph please? The response was, sorry, but I only sign once a day and I allready signed today. He said he remembered the feeling of being so hurt, that he vowed to always sign for fans when asked.

My buddy was an All Pro NFL player in the 1990s and won a couple of Super Bowls. He isn't Joe Montana or Dan Marino popular, but most football fans know him when they see him. He keeps around a hundred of his football cards, signed, in his briefcase and hands them out whenever a fan asks for his autograph.

The only time time I have ever seen him get upset with someone was when we were out to dinner in New York during Super Bowl weekend a few years ago and a guy in his 40's came up to him asking him to sign 3 of his jerseys. This guy goes on to say that he will need to photograph him signing each jersey to prove their authenticity should he ever decide to sell the jerseys. After being denied, the autograph seeker became very upset and the staff at the restaurant had to remove him.

I would never want to be famous. I doubt I would handle it as well as most of the people who are.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

three downvotes, really? no problem, i'll stop posting.

I disagreed with the "Ferdie's leaving" comment. That doesn't mean I, or others, don't want to hear from you.

I have down voted plenty of folks on this site that I find to be very valuable and very entertaining and I have up voted a few schmucks. It's not personal.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I think Lou's main job is to attend shows and sign autographs now, so I can understand him not wanting to do it for free. I am sure he gets asked to give it away constantly, and I think most people would be less nice about that over the years.
If it were not for his speech impediment, I don't think he would be making his living this way. That was a severe limitation in the roles that he was offered. This guy was just a hair behind Arnold when they were competing, and their lives couldn't have turned out more different.

Didn't he have a fairly long stint on King of Queens with Kevin James?

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

I have played poker with Richard Roeper and not quite Amy Schumer, but her sister, lol.

The sister has to be more entertaining.

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thread creator. Can we change the topic title to people that have met Ted ?
LTG : )

Quite frankly, it would be much more interesting.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Hi Ted, any past photos with Stephen J Cannell ? He is /was my cousin (RIP).
Everyone loves the 'A-Team'.
-Dan

Riptide.

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes...so sweet!

My daughter is a musician and we have seen Ms. Barbeau, in the crowd, having dinner a few times in the Asbury Park, NJ area. She remains very attractive and easy to spot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_J.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lou-ferrigno-update?tu=Mike_J and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.