cm 2 92 (resized).jpg
cm 2 86 (resized).jpg
cm 2 81 (resized).jpg
cm 2 55 (resized).jpg
cm 2 54 (resized).jpg
cm 2 33 (resized).jpg
cm 2 30 (resized).jpg
cm 2 22 (resized).jpg

There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
#1 5 years ago

I've been so busy getting machines ready for GSPF, that I kinda spaced on updating you Lou "fans" out there. Until I started getting all these pm's.
Well, it ain't happened yet.

After a phone call in the middle of class, a voice mail and 12 texts, we agreed on Saturday at 1. Then he texts me on Friday and says, how about earlier, like 10 am? I say ok; better for me anyway. Then later than night, I get another text telling me he has Sheriff's Posse duty, and can we move it back to Saturday at 1? I say ok.

Then on Saturday at like 7:30am, he texts me again saying he ended up having an early patrol and was finished already, can we go back to 10? I say how about 10:30? (just cuz) He says ok.

At 9:30 (it's a 20 minute drive to his house), I get another text saying he has a "family emergency" in Santa Monica, and we'll have to go for 2 weeks from now.

So.. yeah. See you in two weeks...maybe.

#2 5 years ago

WTF? No good deed goes unpunished

#3 5 years ago

The Rescheduling Hulk.

#4 5 years ago

Keep us updated?

#5 5 years ago

At this point you should just let him set it up himself . He clearly has no respect for you or the time you are donating .

#6 5 years ago

Insert “Michael Jackson eating popcorn” meme here:

#7 5 years ago

What a troll.

#8 5 years ago

You have more patience than most I know- particularly when you’re providing your time and service free of charge. Hope he appreciates it.

#9 5 years ago

It doesn't sound like he even cares about pinball.... someone drops a free machine in your lap (not just any machine but a Hulk machine at that!) with someone else coming over for free to set it up and he treats you like you're his assistant. Wtf?

I really hope he hooks you up if you guys ever meet up.
Please get him to sign your stuff before you even touch his machine, his response in that would determine if I would set it up or turn right around and head home.

#10 5 years ago

What a pain, that's why I never help Lou Ferrignou

#11 5 years ago

What if it really was a family emergency? I hope he's not as bad as the rumors. I'm sure you will let us know.

#12 5 years ago

I have dealt with lots of “celebrities “ over the years and as crazy as it sounds I have learned to give them a low priority.
The bread and butter of Pinball is the true hobbyists. I would pick a passionate collector over a famous celebrity any day of the week.

#13 5 years ago

He may see the pinball as somewhat of a burden too - if he’s not an enthusiast he mgiht see it as kind of a hassle. You may be best served to just ask him - “I’m happy to hook this up for you, but do you want me to just drop it off? We can put it in storage or just make sure it turns on, I’ll take your picture next to it..”. He IS a legit sheriff’s deputy

#14 5 years ago

What ever happens if he starts to turn green just back away slowly!

#15 5 years ago

Yeah,so,Mark,bring that puppy up to me and I'll give it,and you, the credit you deserve! Looks like the Foxy Lady may not make the trip!!!!C U there!!!!

#16 5 years ago

On the bright side you’ll have the story. How many people get texts from The Hulk?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

On the bright side you’ll have the story. How many people get texts from The Hulk?

Who gives a shit if the guy's an asshole.

#18 5 years ago

Tell the Hulk to go pound sand.....by text.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

The Rescheduling Hulk.

Best post in awhile!

#20 5 years ago

damn,what a loser it seems to me like he does not want you in his house.if he has all that time to keep texting you it very well tells you how much time he has on his hands

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Oh, I could make it fun. Cat pics galore!

#22 5 years ago

I was in the shop all day Saturday anyway, working on machines for GSPF. It really wasn't any thang to me. It was just amusing to have so many back and forths. I saved the voicemail too; he sounds exactly like I remembered him.

If he jukes me around again in two weeks, I'll prolly tell him to take a hike.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

If he jukes me around again in two weeks, I'll prolly tell him to take a hike.

yeah,some celebs think people have to work around their life/schedule,its like all normal people are slaves to them

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

What ever happens if he starts to turn green just back away slowly!

nah,these days people turn all types of color when taking a dump

#25 5 years ago

The Hulk Texting. Can't help but visualize this. . .

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Why give a shit period?

#27 5 years ago

I just saw Pumping Iron for the first time yesterday. Very good movie. Then I found out that Lou actually made a comeback in professional bodybuilding in the early 1990's. He looks absolutely massive in this Mr. Olympia 1993 video. Those calf muscles are something else.

#28 5 years ago

So far, Lou is a solid 0-2 on Pinside threads.

#29 5 years ago

Better just let him reschedule and don't make him angry. You won't like him when he's angry.

#30 5 years ago

How much would it kill if Lou got wind of this thread and cared enough do join in the fray?

A lot. It would kill a lot!

#31 5 years ago

You could always use him for some major advertising....... After all he's a giant Banner!

#32 5 years ago

TPF.

My WH2O across from his booth.

Win Hulk DVD in raffle. Lou wants money to sign. Meh. Walk away.

Watched Hulk growing up. Advertisers paid for show. My family probably bought advertised stuff. Call it even.

Hulk SMASH childhood world.

Man boy learns real world lesson.

86DA9737-9590-4FAB-AD7A-2C88C378DEBC (resized).jpeg86DA9737-9590-4FAB-AD7A-2C88C378DEBC (resized).jpeg

#33 5 years ago

bill bixby was actually more of a key player in the hulk. i mean lou ferrigno didnt even act, he just lurched around in green paint and wig.
he should consider himself lucky he can still milk cash outa this cow.

#34 5 years ago

Great story already, might get better. Any of us 50+ year olds that grew up lifting, looked up to Arnold, Lou and Franco.

#35 5 years ago

I'm guessing that Lou wants you to pay him $30 to set up his pinball machine. Hopefully he soon join grand opening tour circuit for grocery, carpeting and furniture stores....

#36 5 years ago

These threads make me sad like that piano outro every episode.

#37 5 years ago

Gryszzz,

Please mess your hair up, put on some old ragged out pants, get your daughters to help paint your face and body with green paint, and post a pic of you growling and flexing like the Hulk when he is mad.
Yes, we will buy you drinks while out for the night, especially if you go out as The Hulk.

#38 5 years ago

Don't ever talk about messin my hair up Mike.
3 thumbs down.

#39 5 years ago

Screw it. You deserve better. I wouldn't contact him again. If he contacts you, I would just tell him that I was no longer interested.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I just saw Pumping Iron for the first time yesterday. Very good movie. Then I found out that Lou actually made a comeback in professional bodybuilding in the early 1990's. He looks absolutely massive in this Mr. Olympia 1993 video. Those calf muscles are something else.
» YouTube video

its like looking into a mirror

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

These threads make me sad like that piano outro every episode.

#43 5 years ago

4F4E4EB0-1215-4102-BF2E-DECA4DE64DB5 (resized).jpeg4F4E4EB0-1215-4102-BF2E-DECA4DE64DB5 (resized).jpeg

#45 5 years ago

Sorry but what's the background on this? I remember reading about how at TPF he was kind of a pain.....

#46 5 years ago

One more chance. If he cancels again or reschedules have him call someone else. Imo.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry but what's the background on this? I remember reading about how at TPF he was kind of a pain.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-want-to-help-lou-ferrigno

#49 5 years ago

LOL @ that Virgil post. Dude shows up at a Washington Wild Things baseball game near here (independent scrub league baseball), and tries to pawn off photos from his wrestling days for like absurd money. If you tried to take a photo of him, he wanted to charge you for it. People were legit laughing at him. Pretty sad actually when you think about the guy's downfall.

#50 5 years ago

What a sad story. Whatever they were arguing about would have been so petty and over nothing, like their line is lined up wrong or something. They're going to cost the other one $20.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
3,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lou-ferrigno-update?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.