cm 2 92 (resized).jpg
cm 2 86 (resized).jpg
cm 2 81 (resized).jpg
cm 2 55 (resized).jpg
cm 2 54 (resized).jpg
cm 2 33 (resized).jpg
cm 2 30 (resized).jpg
cm 2 22 (resized).jpg

There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
#201 5 years ago

My son's band opened for them at a few shows on East coast. All super nice people.

#202 5 years ago

I really love the new album and they are great live. They always look genuinely happy to be playing and grateful for how much of a fan base they still have.

#203 5 years ago

I'm a big movie buff and I wouldn't recognize 99% of the "celebrities" you people are talking about in here. An Iron Maiden band member could literally run into me and I would just think it was some old dude...and Savini? He looks vaguely familiar (From Dusk Till Dawn)...but still never would have recognized him on the street (I had to google him for the "From Dusk Till Dawn" thing). I went to the Chicago Comic-con last year...it was fun but when we walked back by all the "Stars" I was like "who are these people?" And I love Sci-Fi...I just don't get "Star Stuck" and don't pay close attention to who the actors even are half the time...they're just people.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm a big movie buff and I wouldn't recognize 99% of the "celebrities" you people are talking about in here. An Iron Maiden band member could literally run into me and I would just think it was some old dude...and Savini? He looks vaguely familiar (From Dusk Till Dawn)...but still never would have recognized him on the street (I had to google him for the "From Dusk Till Dawn" thing). I went to the Chicago Comic-con last year...it was fun but when we walked back by all the "Stars" I was like "who are these people?" And I love Sci-Fi...I just don't get "Star Stuck" and don't pay close attention to who the actors even are half the time...they're just people.

Talking about meeting a well-known person is like having a common friend with other people who are aware of that celebrity and giving subject matter for having a conversation with your friends and aquaintances and strangers even, which by and large, most of here on Pinside are to each other. I personally do not see it as anything much more than that.

#205 5 years ago

I have met quite a few celebrities over the years, especially when working in NYC these folks are just walking around admiring the sites. Two that I can recall off the bat was John Goodman right in front of St Patrick's Cathedral, came right over shook our hands and we got photos and autographs. I asked what brings you out on a cold snowy day like this when we were chatting and he told me he did Saturday Night Live (when it was good) last night and the snow storm cancelled his flights so he thought he'd walk around a bit. BTW a big friggin guy, well next to 5'6" me anyway lol. Super nice guy.

The second was Susan Sarandon a detail in Manhattan were some celebrities showed up as a political statement to protest AIDS occurrence in one of the foreign countries I can't recall which but you know all this protesting shit ends up on the streets in NYC. So she locks arms with Jessie Jackson to form a human chain and block traffic, well the boss walks over tells her to get up and open the chain, she of coursed refused and he looks at me and says lock her up. So while cuffing her I lean over and tell her ever so nicely " Dammit Janet " well did she ever get pissed all red in the face and so on, so much so that in the precinct she made a complaint against me. The boss asked what's the complaint and what happened, she told him he looked at me then looked at her and said "get the fuck out of my precinct". We had a good chuckle with that one for a while. Yeah she is a real bitch.......

This was 25+ years ago, she is probably worse now with age lol

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have met quite a few celebrities over the years, especially when working in NYC these folks are just walking around admiring the sites. Two that I can recall off the bat was John Goodman right in front of St Patrick's Cathedral, came right over shook our hands and we got photos and autographs. I asked what brings you out on a cold snowy day like this when we were chatting and he told me he did Saturday Night Live (when it was good) last night and the snow storm cancelled his flights so he thought he'd walk around a bit. BTW a big friggin guy, well next to 5'6" me anyway lol. Super nice guy.
The second was Susan Sarandon a detail in Manhattan were some celebrities showed up as a political statement to protest AIDS occurrence in one of the foreign countries I can't recall which but you know all this protesting shit ends up on the streets in NYC. So she locks arms with Jessie Jackson to form a human chain and block traffic, well the boss walks over tells her to get up and open the chain, she of coursed refused and he looks at me and says lock her up. So while cuffing her I lean over and tell her ever so nicely " Dammit Janet " well did she ever get pissed all red in the face and so on, so much so that in the precinct she made a complaint against me. The boss asked what's the complaint and what happened, she told him he looked at me then looked at her and said "get the fuck out of my precinct". We had a good chuckle with that one for a while. Yeah she is a real bitch.......
This was 25+ years ago, she is probably worse now with age lol

"Let's do the time warp again."

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

John Goodman right in front of St Patrick's Cathedral, came right over shook our hands and we got photos and autographs. I asked what brings you out on a cold snowy day like this when we were chatting and he told me he did Saturday Night Live (when it was good)

Yes, great guy! This was at the Saturday Night Live afterparty. We both got pretty hammered!

ted goodman (resized).jpgted goodman (resized).jpg

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, great guy! This was at the Saturday Night Live afterparty. We both got pretty hammered!

Judging from that tie, this was around early to mid-90s? Had a similar tie myself.

#209 5 years ago

I got my picture taken with bob saget at the improve in Baltimore. Pretty cool dude. Didn’t try and chat just asked for a picture and moved on. Also stood behind Wayne Newton at Starbucks in the Houston airport. Didn’t say anything as I don’t know his work outside of Vegas vacation and that he’s a show singer. A few people came up to him and he seemed really cool about it. Even got out of line to go see an older fan sitting at a table nearby.

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

No, I do fewer and fewer cons every year. I do Chiller twice a year and Monster Bash or Monster Mania every now and then. I also only do shows I'm a guest at. (Paul...one of the nicest guests we've ever had!)

why are you a guest at a show?

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

why are you a guest at a show?

You are kidding right ?

He's the most famous person we have here.

LTG : )

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You are kidding right ?

I'm not being cute, I don't recognize him.

Who is he?

#213 5 years ago

How the hell should I know ?

#214 5 years ago

Spfxted is secretly the lead singer of Barenaked Ladies.

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Who is he?

You can click his profile name next to his avatar, then select his profile. Within it, he writes about his background in film. (writing, producing & directing) Very interesting read to say the least and he is also Pinside's most famous resident. Just ask LTG! Seriously, he's met so many Hollywood folk, I wouldn't know where to begin. I forgot the post he participated in one time, but he included pic after pic of the Hollywood elite he's worked with, met, etc. over the years. It truly was pretty cool...

#216 5 years ago

I met Ron Jeremy at the Albuquerque airport about a year ago. He was getting mobbed by people like he was the king of England. But he was really cool. Fun guy.

#217 5 years ago

I posted in a Pinside thread once and Spfxted replied to me. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I posted in a Pinside thread once and Spfxted replied to me. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Thanks guys! All good.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Spfxted is secretly the lead singer of Barenaked Ladies.

True, but keeping it under wraps!

Frank  ted Steve Vincent (resized).jpgFrank ted Steve Vincent (resized).jpg

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Better than total consciousness!

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You are kidding right ?

Nope, not kidding. I don't know the entire staff of every low budget movie ever made.

I don't even know who the lighting guy on "Leper Hookers From Venus" was in 1977.

Hard to believe.

#221 5 years ago

Meet quite a few celebs when they fly on our planes. Most of them actually want to come forward to the cockpit to meet us and get a picture in the seat. Just had Danny Glover poke his head in and say Hi on a Burbank leg. Most are pretty cool, but I never go out of my way to meet any or get pics.

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Nope, not kidding. I don't know the entire staff of every low budget movie ever made.
I don't even know who the lighting guy on "Leper Hookers From Venus" was in 1977.
Hard to believe.

Why do you have to be a dick about it? Ted is in the entertainment industry. He has directed some films with some big name actors. Does he have to be Spielberg to get your approval?

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Hard to believe.

That’s not an excuse for being a D-bag about it. I’m sure you’re very cool, but it’s not obvious from your posts

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Who is he?

Well, if you do a google search of this picture (below)

you will get this:
Best guess for this image: gentleman

So.... he is a "gentleman"! (better change that Avatar)

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

TPF.
My WH2O across from his booth.
Win Hulk DVD in raffle. Lou wants money to sign. Meh. Walk away.
Watched Hulk growing up. Advertisers paid for show. My family probably bought advertised stuff. Call it even.
Hulk SMASH childhood world.
Man boy learns real world lesson.

Your WH20 was so nice. I had to go and get one because of how well yours played.

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

You can click his profile name next to his avatar, then select his profile.

"I also collect Pinball Machines."

Talk about a thrilling unexpected twist.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Who is he?

I’m trying to figure out who this Ted guy is for you but all I could find is this

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

Best guess for this image: gentleman

This guy was a real gentleman...

ted and phil donohue (resized).jpgted and phil donohue (resized).jpg

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Why do you have to be a dick about it? Ted is in the entertainment industry. He has directed some films with some big name actors. Does he have to be Spielberg to get your approval?

I asked who he was. Because I was curious. (And also because I enjoy giving heroin to adorable puppies and beating up kindly old people!)

I though maybe he was on a TV show or pinball webcast or something.

Another member expressed amazement that I don't know who he is.

I expressed consternation about his amazement that I don't know who he is.

Now you're expressing moral outrage about my consternation about his amazement that I don't know who he is.

That's pretty much where we are at right now.

Maybe someone will step in and express scorn about your outrage and keep the ball rolling in grand style.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks guys! All good.

True, but keeping it under wraps!

ah! how cool!! have you ever met (RIP)james gandolfini?

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s not an excuse for being a D-bag about it. I’m sure you’re very cool, but it’s not obvious from your posts

I'm not being a "d-bag" about anything.

I looked up the party in question. According to his website, he was involved in a bunch of B-movie type horror movies.

That sounds like an interesting and fun profession.

Unfortunately, I don't have a face-recognition computer module implanted on the side of my head so I can recognize everyone who ever worked in a movie, but I do have one on order. Next month when the surgery is done, this whole problem will go away.

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Another member expressed amazement that I don't know who he is.

I expressed consternation about his amazement that I don't know who he is.

Now you're expressing moral outrage about my consternation about his amazement that I don't know who he is.

That's pretty much where we are at right now.

Maybe someone will step in and express scorn about your outrage and keep the ball rolling in grand style.

I don't know who you are but this is a great post. I laughed out loud at this one. Well said.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

I'm not being a "d-bag" about anything.
I looked up the party in question. According to his website, he was involved in a bunch of B-movie type horror movies.
That sounds like an interesting and fun profession.
Unfortunately, I don't have a face-recognition computer module implanted on the side of my head so I can recognize everyone who ever worked in a movie, but I do have one on order. Next month when the surgery is done, this whole problem will go away.

Quoted from Jgel:

I don't know who you are but this is a great post. I laughed out loud at this one. Well said.

its all good fellas,anytime you want to find out about a fellow pinsider just look back at their profile history such as topics opened,posts ect.

#235 5 years ago

Any actual Lou update??

#236 5 years ago

Who is Lou Ferrigno, and why did he ruin my pinball experience?

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Who is Lou Ferrigno, and why did he ruin my pinball experience?

Damnit that we can only give 1 up vote!

#238 5 years ago

If you ever watched Married with Children back in the day, there was an episode maybe two parter episode in which they visited a small town in which their most famous guy in town was "the guy who met Andy Griffith" who also happened to turn out being the local serial killer.

Well that's what Ted is around these parts of Pinside, minus the serial killer of course or at least I hope

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I met Ron Jeremy at the Albuquerque airport about a year ago. He was getting mobbed by people like he was the king of England. But he was really cool. Fun guy.

The hedgehog lives in my building, I see him almost everyday, wearing the same track pants. He is very nice though.

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Any actual Lou update??

Can we just get back to talking about ME??

Norman and Ted 1 (resized).jpgNorman and Ted 1 (resized).jpg

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

have you ever met (RIP)james gandolfini?

Yes, a few times. I got Frank Vincent the job on Sopranos. The Bada Bing is 1.5 miles from my office....
James also was in the same Cigar Club I'm in. Was Porterhouse. His locker was 3 below mine. Great guy!

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, a few times. I got Frank Vincent the job on Sopranos. The Bada Bing is 1.5 miles from my office....

Man thats Awesome!!!!

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The Bada Bing is 1.5 miles from my office....

Nice, I drove right by there last time I was in NJ, wonder if I passed your office as well (hopefully you're a bit further off the main road).

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

yes Sir,The floor is yours Mr.Senator!! forget about Lou,heck i want Mr.Spfxted's Autograph...We have our very own celebrity right here..Awesome!!!!

#245 5 years ago

Who cares about Lou? I'm just waiting to see who else Ted has met.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

same here!!!!!!!

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

This guy was a real gentleman...

Phil looks like a straight up ghost in that pic

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Apparently nobody has had any experiences good or bad getting your autograph. Yet. Maybe you should charge more ?

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Buy yourself another pinball machine and solicit free help to set it up. You'll be a Pinside star in no time!

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I've got about 5 thousand photos.

Ted and Hef (resized).jpgTed and Hef (resized).jpg
criss and ted (resized).jpgcriss and ted (resized).jpg
ted and tony (resized).jpgted and tony (resized).jpg
landis and ted (resized).JPGlandis and ted (resized).JPG
ted and vincent (resized).jpgted and vincent (resized).jpg
ted and george (resized).jpgted and george (resized).jpg
ted and ace (resized).jpgted and ace (resized).jpg
ted and van zant sopranos (resized).jpgted and van zant sopranos (resized).jpg

roger corman and ted (resized).jpgroger corman and ted (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
3,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lou-ferrigno-update/page/5?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.