Topic Stats

• 745 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 189 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Five-Million-Years-to-Earth-Half (resized).JPG
Candid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_103 (resized).jpg
cm 2 103 (resized).jpg
cm 2 102 (resized).jpg
cm 2 92 (resized).jpg
cm 2 86 (resized).jpg
cm 2 81 (resized).jpg
cm 2 55 (resized).jpg
cm 2 54 (resized).jpg
cm 2 33 (resized).jpg
cm 2 30 (resized).jpg
cm 2 22 (resized).jpg
cm 2 21  (resized).jpg
cm 2 15 (resized).jpg
1 CM 2 cover F (resized).jpg
IMG_20180617_182119393 (resized).jpg

There are 745 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
#101 1 year ago

Colonoscopy-man! Lol

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

nothing.its a gift

I would think if he really wanted a hulk pin, he would have bought one. He can afford it.he doesn’t seem to appreciate it anyway. Or really care that much.

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Colonoscopy-man! Lol

Please don't let my cleverness go unchecked: Groot makes a very early appearance as one of Hulk's enemies in the upper left corner of the cover, thus, he represents the "Emergency (G)Root Canal!"

#104 1 year ago

fireball2 you are being taken advantage of. When Lou texts you back, tell him your services are being offered for free but that your time is not. He will need to pay you a cancellation fee of $50 upon your arrival for his cumulative missed appointments. Any future cancellations will also be charged $50 upfront and then hang up. You probably will never hear again from that cheapskate!

Hulk Angry. Hulk Turn Green. Hulk Smash!!! That's BS

#105 1 year ago

No way I'd continue letting that guy waste my time. I don't think I'm surprised based on the experiences others have posted here.

#106 1 year ago

All I know is that Lou is missing at as Fireball2 is a blast to hang out with!

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

nothing.its a gift

And there it is. People generally don't take free advice very seriously. Gifts are often treated less respectfully than hard won possessions. If you want someone to take your advice seriously or treat a special object with due respect it needs to cost enough to hurt a little.

#108 1 year ago

Just tell him you are a film director and collect pinball machines for your massive screening room in Hollywood. He won't cancel....

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just tell him you are a film director and collect pinball machines for your massive screening room in Hollywood. He won't cancel....

Haha! Sit down on his leather couch, pat the seat beside you, and say “sit next to me and let’s see what we can do to get your career back on track!”

#110 1 year ago

I’d never do it, but I’d be so tempted to leave a dead fish in the coin box. Especially if he were as charming in person as he’s been on the phone.

#111 1 year ago

I got a better laugh from the guy behind you who is checking out the girl's ass as she walked away. Tell me I'm not the only one to notice that!?

9b2e195457124deb9628ce87fe67d30c5abfacec.jpeg (resized).jpg

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Fireball2 is a blast to hang out with!

Ah, yer making me blush. Mebbe I shoulda told him I was bringing beer.

A buncha you guys are forgetting that I said that I was just working on pinball all day anyway, and the amount of time he "wasted" was mebbe 5 actual minutes of reading and responding to a few texts. You also are ignoring the fact that I said OK to each change in time. And that I postponed him a half hour just cuz I could. If I thought he was doing it to juke me around, or if I was driving out there when he cancelled, or if I showed up at the appointed time and he wasn't there... THEN I would react angrily and suchlike. This way, I had extra time to get my Excalibur actually working in time for GSPF. If he flakes on me in two weeks, oh well... what-ev-ar; I haven't actually expended any effort, and I have a story to tell, a voice mail for people to laugh at, and this thread to remember all you fine lads by

#113 1 year ago

I ran into Ron Jeremy at the AVNs a few years ago. I’m not an autograph guy, but I tried to think of something funny to say that he’s never heard.

I blurted out, “I loved you in Ghostbusters!” (His first credited role is an extra in Ghostbusters).

He looked at me, shook his head, and that was that. Not overly dramatic, but I’m pretty certain he’d never heard that one before.

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I ran into Ron Jeremy at the AVNs a few years ago. I’m not an autograph guy, but I tried to think of something funny to say that he’s never heard.
I blurted out, “I loved you in Ghostbusters!” (His first credited role is an extra in Ghostbusters).
He looked at me, shook his head, and that was that. Not overly dramatic, but I’m pretty certain he’d never heard that one before.

Mud flaps what were you doing at the AVN awards?

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Mud flaps what were you doing at the AVN awards?

Networking

#116 1 year ago

Ole Lou might be more entertaining in this thread than painted green and throwing styrofoam rocks around in reruns.

#117 1 year ago

Tell him since this is a non paying gig, he must paint himself up green and put on these shredded purple pants you picked up at Goodwill in order for you to assemble the game for him.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shouldn't come as a surprise but this classic from Steve Martin!
"The Father of the Bride star grew so overwhelmed with requests at press events, the funnyman printed business cards inked with his signature and the words, “This certifies that you have had a personal encounter with me and that you found me warm, polite, intelligent and funny.”
He quit doing it because he said people were always really disappointed. I would have been thrilled! What a cool memento.

I would have been thrilled too. I think it was alan alda who told people he didn't sign but said "I'll shake your hand though", which is kind of cool too.
I don't mind if a celeb doesn't sign, its how they say no that gets me. If they look at you like you are something they scrape off the bottom of their shoe, then I get angry. I've had a few occasions where a celeb said to me if I sign for you, I have to sign for everyone. Then I look around and there's no one else in sight. It would have taken less energy to quickly sign than it would have to give me a lame excuse.

2 more quick stories. Im at sportswriters banquet. At the finish, Mets David Wright stands and tells everyone he has to go to the bathroom and he'll be right back. I naturally grab my buddy and tell him lets go. He says "but wright said he'll be right back". I tell him I have a bridge to sell him too. We caught Wright in the parking lot sneaking out a side door. Got him to sign.

Im at another dinner at boxing hall of fame. I see ferdie pacheco give his wife the nod. He stands and says he has to go to bathroom and he'll be right back. I caught him in the coat room bundling up and got him to sign one of his books. If he had said no, I would have yelled "Ferdies leaving!!!"

#119 1 year ago

" Let him eat static."

khan11 (resized).jpg

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I completely agree, but as always there are exceptions and some celebrities use their fame for good.
Wrestling may not be everyone's cup of tea, but John Cena has granted more wishes than any other celebrity. Something he doesn't get paid for, but donates a LOT of time to.
» YouTube video

I wish more celebrities were more like John....here is a video of him and his impact on his his fans.

#121 1 year ago

grown men asking for autographs. bringing stuff to shows to get signed. i dont get the autograph stuff.
so you get celebrity signature big fn deal. especially waiting on line for an autograph and having to pay for it.
i remember being somewhere and lucy lawless from xena was there taking q and a. this guy asks her if she got the beautiful flowers he sent her. he says it was his dream to meet her and get her autograph. then the pr person says you can get autographs later, they were 50.00 each. i was so embarrassed for that jerk. her pr person probably threw the flowers in the trash.

#122 1 year ago

I have met quite a few celebrities if my lifetime. Too many to mention. I never treat them any differently than I would anyone else. They just happen to do a different job than I do. They hit baseballs, play a role, or play a guitar, and I sell HVAC equipment. It does not make anyone better than anybody else. I am sure they have a more exciting lifestyle than me, but I don't put them on a pedestal. I loved the Hulk show as a kid. Just this past year I saw Lou at a convention. I did not feel the need to approach him. When I walked by him, I was in a suit of armor so he noticed me and looked up. We both said hello and I walked away. That was my encounter with the Hulk. That was good enough for me.

#123 1 year ago

as a friend of mine puts it "if they wipe their own ass, then they're no different than you or I"

I like that one. I've never been [enamoured] by celebrities. they're doing a job. maybe a job that is a bit more public than you or I, but a job nonetheless
putting them up on a pedestal, just leaves a lot of room for them letting you down (in your own mind

#124 1 year ago

The hulk I remember most. And a parody of it.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

grown men asking for autographs. bringing stuff to shows to get signed. i dont get the autograph stuff.
so you get celebrity signature big fn deal. especially waiting on line for an autograph and having to pay for it.

Different strokes for different folks. I had Wayne Simonds sign the Flyer's themed Open Ice marquee I made. So my favorite player signed something I made, to me it was worth it, and its something I'll never get rid of. I had to wait about 20 minutes, and I paid, but it was all for charity so I don't really see a down side.

The only "celebrities" I ever randomly met in public were the Dudley Boys , at George Bush Intercontinental Airport. I just walked up and told them both I was a big fan and that I used to watch them in ECW and was happy they got their break. Got a handshake and a "thanks" from both , it was a surreal experience. I didn't bother asking for an autograph, but I'm sure they would have done it.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

"if they wipe their own ass, then they're no different than you or I"

That’s just it. I doubt LF could even reach his butt, much less wipe it! Especially back in the day when he was bulked up.

#127 1 year ago

Lou has a hearing disability. That could cause some stand off issues as he may not hear what you are saying clearly, cut him a little slack.

The autograph thing is how he makes money, so what, I'm at work and writing this.

#128 1 year ago

I was an electrical contractor for better than 40 years. I have no idea how many people I worked for/with over the years but I see it this way.

I don't care who you are.
I don't care what you do.
I don't care how much money you have.

It all boils down to, DON'T BE A DICK! I don't have time for assholes.

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It all boils down to, DON'T BE A DICK! I don't have time for assholes.

another episode of "practice what you preach" coming from the king

ps
love you brYan

#130 1 year ago

Imagine if people had the same fascination, love, and admiration for people that actually mattered in their lives. Teachers, Firemen, Policemen, Armed Servicemen/Veterans, Farmers, Doctors. . . heck, even their parents. Those folks bust their tails keeping us safe, fed, and healthy yet a lot of them get little recognition. Once we get past the single digits and the television grabs our attention the regular people in our lives must become boring and ordinary.

Obviously not everyone overlooks these people, its just a shame they do not receive better recognition/compensation for the meaningful work they do.

#131 1 year ago

three downvotes, really? no problem, i'll stop posting.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Imagine if people had the same fascination, love, and admiration for people that actually mattered in their lives. Teachers, Firemen, Policemen, Armed Servicemen/Veterans, Farmers, Doctors. . . heck, even their parents.

I know what you’re saying but all those people can be dicks too.

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Three isn't even that much! The record is over 200. You need to try harder.

...I mean... you understand why the downvotes, right? Can I explain it to you?

#134 1 year ago

Seems like Sweet Lou acts like a,

Giant-Size_Man-Thing_Vol_1_4 (resized).jpg

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Ah, yer making me blush. Mebbe I shoulda told him I was bringing beer.
A buncha you guys are forgetting that I said that I was just working on pinball all day anyway, and the amount of time he "wasted" was mebbe 5 actual minutes of reading and responding to a few texts. You also are ignoring the fact that I said OK to each change in time. And that I postponed him a half hour just cuz I could. If I thought he was doing it to juke me around, or if I was driving out there when he cancelled, or if I showed up at the appointed time and he wasn't there... THEN I would react angrily and suchlike. This way, I had extra time to get my Excalibur actually working in time for GSPF. If he flakes on me in two weeks, oh well... what-ev-ar; I haven't actually expended any effort, and I have a story to tell, a voice mail for people to laugh at, and this thread to remember all you fine lads by

Love your perspective. And who knows maybe you can buy it off him at a good price... Or get paid to maintain it... Or just be the first one he contacts when he is ready to sell. Be sure to leave your contact info in the game (and maybe taped to the back of the head).

#136 1 year ago

Common everyone, lose the hate (if you have any)... So he rescheduled a couple times and maybe he's not the type of guy you'd hang out with... I'd still set up his game. Maybe he'd play a few with you.

http://www.deafwebsites.com/people/lou-ferrigno.html

"In addition to acting, Ferrigno contributes to the betterment of the deaf community through support of the Starkey Hearing Foundation. In 2005 he was interviewed by Healthy Hearing about the foundation and also his experience with hearing aids. He says he wears two and that he recommends the same for people in the deaf community experiencing deafness and hearing loss. Ferrigno is active with many other charities too including the Muscular Dystrophy Association, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. In the interest of the Muscular Dystrophy Association he competed in the 2012 iteration of Celebrity Apprentice along with Adam Carolla, Penn Jillette, George Takei, and others. He also gives motivational speeches at colleges such as Parker University speaking on topics such as deafness, the deaf community, deaf education and overcoming adversity."

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I got a better laugh from the guy behind you who is checking out the girl's ass as she walked away. Tell me I'm not the only one to notice that!?

He was clearly admiring her fashionable handbag.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Be sure to leave your contact info in the game (and maybe taped to the back of the head).

Good idea. But it seems he's already got me on speed-dial.

#139 1 year ago

Doesn't Steve Ritchie also have hearing issues and he always has time for anyone that wants to chat. Seems like Lou and Steve are polar opposites?

#140 1 year ago

lou was born (partially?) deaf and steve has gone deaf over the years. big difference
both favor themselves as something more than a mere mortal

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

lou was born (partially?) deaf and steve has gone deaf over the years. big difference
both favor themselves as something more than a mere mortal

And both are right!

SR is the man, and Lou is a Greek god ( or at least played one ).

#142 1 year ago

I think Lou's main job is to attend shows and sign autographs now, so I can understand him not wanting to do it for free. I am sure he gets asked to give it away constantly, and I think most people would be less nice about that over the years.

If it were not for his speech impediment, I don't think he would be making his living this way. That was a severe limitation in the roles that he was offered. This guy was just a hair behind Arnold when they were competing, and their lives couldn't have turned out more different.

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from jesster64:

I disagreed with the "Ferdie's leaving" comment. That doesn't mean I, or others, don't want to hear from you.

I have down voted plenty of folks on this site that I find to be very valuable and very entertaining and I have up voted a few schmucks. It's not personal.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I think Lou's main job is to attend shows and sign autographs now, so I can understand him not wanting to do it for free. I am sure he gets asked to give it away constantly, and I think most people would be less nice about that over the years.
If it were not for his speech impediment, I don't think he would be making his living this way. That was a severe limitation in the roles that he was offered. This guy was just a hair behind Arnold when they were competing, and their lives couldn't have turned out more different.

Didn't he have a fairly long stint on King of Queens with Kevin James?

#145 1 year ago

I was watching TV last night and a couple of times a Dos Equis beer commercial came on and at the end showed a posing Lou Ferrigno picture as the "founder" of Dos Equis. Anyone else see that?

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from BigT:

I wish more celebrities were more like John....here is a video of him and his impact on his his fans.

Watching him on TV talk about his relationship issues everywhere he goes (especially Today) is painful. Seems like a great guy, but an emotional toddler.

#147 1 year ago

I remember the 1st comic con I ever went to. I was like 15 years old so this was almost 20years ago. Lou had a booth and no one was anywhere around him. My friend and I were walking by him and I just put my hand out to shake his hand and day I was a hulk fan, he out his hand out for a shake and didn't say a thing and just gave me a nasty look. Kind of growled almost. I quickly walked away, and then my friend and I just started cracking up. Another year at comic con, we just saw him walking around with his wife/girlfriend not sure, and he was just yelling about something.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

oh ...that's Howie Mandel. And he's NOT and ass...just an ass man

c852319a6c50f6d567b05bb9e3e6240015747a02 (resized).jpg

#149 1 year ago

Many years ago I was at a convention with my friends. I went up to the empty table of one of the celebrities there. It was someone whose work I had admired from the movies that he had done. All I will say is that it was someone who does special effects make up. I had never really met anyone in the that industry before. I had said hello, and politely asked for an autograph after I paid for one of his photos. Even though he clearly was not busy, he could not be bothered to even look up. He did not say a word. He signed his name and then flicked the photo away with his fingertips as if he were dismissing me. I walked away and said that he must have been having a bad day. My friends disagreed and said that he was a dick and has no right to treat a fan like that, especially one who is putting money in his pocket.

Fast forward quite a few years later. I am friends with a pretty well known fantasy artist. I was asked to accompany him to a really big convention. We had met because I was wearing some plate armor covered in bones, spikes and skulls, kind of something you would see in World of Warcraft or D&D, and we got to talking about his work doing illustrations of characters dressed similarly to me. I was suppose to be kind of like a mascot. One day of the convention The hall was empty except for the Playboy centerfolds who were setting up, and me. I was suited up, and I had met them the day before, so they called me over and I was talking to them and enjoying the sympathy that they were giving me because of the hot and heavy stuff I was wearing. I did not make a big deal of the fact that they won the genetic lottery, so I guess they felt comfortable around me, especially since they knew that I was there to work, and not hit on them. (Like I would have had a chance.)

Guess who comes walking up at the moment I am hanging out with a group of beautiful young women. Mr "I am an ass to my fans." The girls all had a look of disgust and whispered that this guy "gives them the creeps and is a jerk." I guess he was all over them the day before. He comes up to me and says, "Wow, Very cool costume!" I looked at him and with my best, and unmistakable dismissing voice said, "Yeah. Thanks." I then turned my back to him and said, "Ok ladies, now where was I.... " and continued with my story. One of them muttered loud enough for him to hear, "Beat it asshole," they started to laugh a little and he walked away. Damn that felt very satisfying. I am sure that he did not care, but I hope that he had the same "WTF was that?" moment that I had, the first time that we met. The next day, I talked to the girls when I was on break, and they gave me quite a few pictures and autographs for free. Since then I do not place too much importance on what you do, but who you are. And I guess for the record I should have been polite to him, and been a bigger person. Nah. Screw that. He had it coming.

#150 1 year ago

Tom Savini

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Machine - For Sale
Dover, NH
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 219.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 4.95
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 199.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 28.00
There are 745 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside