cm 2 92 (resized).jpg
cm 2 86 (resized).jpg
cm 2 81 (resized).jpg
cm 2 55 (resized).jpg
cm 2 54 (resized).jpg
cm 2 33 (resized).jpg
cm 2 30 (resized).jpg
cm 2 22 (resized).jpg

There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.
#51 5 years ago

Why do people worship these muscle-bound freaks in the first place?

#52 5 years ago

IDK about Lou but that HULK pinball they restored for him at the TPF was the nicest system 1 game i have ever seen and worth a pretty penny

#53 5 years ago

How is it possible that after all these years Lou doesn't already have a Hulk machine?

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How is it possible that after all these years Lou doesn't already have a Hulk machine?

Cause he probably don't give a shit.....

#55 5 years ago

Many years ago I went to Philadelphia Comic Con. I took my Gottlieb Spider-Man and Hulk aprons for Stan Lee to sign. Came off the line and there was Lou ferrigno's Booth. It said something like $30 for him to sign I figured why not? I go up to him and he says no, that's memorabilia that's $95 to sign. I said Thank you and walked away

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Want a signed photo for less than $10??
ebay.com link » Lou Ferrigno Signed Photo With Pic Coa

If eBay ever has a $10 off any purchase coupon code id buy it

#58 5 years ago

I have never understood the hero worship for celebrities. They're just people, and should be treated like everyone else.

Reserve your admiration for people who have actually done things... like scientists who've changed the world in positive ways, or movement leaders who have made lives better...

For someone who grunted a bit and had himself painted green? Get outta here with that garbage, man!

#59 5 years ago

Pretty sad that the best they can do is sit at conventions and sign stuff for a few bucks. Pretty shitty life.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Pretty sad that the best they can do is sit at conventions and sign stuff for a few bucks. Pretty shitty life.

Hey, it beats some of the gigs I've had for sure!

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I have never understood the hero worship for celebrities. They're just people, and should be treated like everyone else.

Reserve your admiration for people who have actually done things... like scientists who've changed the world in positive ways, or movement leaders who have made lives better...

I completely agree, but as always there are exceptions and some celebrities use their fame for good.

Wrestling may not be everyone's cup of tea, but John Cena has granted more wishes than any other celebrity. Something he doesn't get paid for, but donates a LOT of time to.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

LOL @ that Virgil post.

I barely remember him being in the ring at all. I know he was the million dollar man's valet but I'm pretty sure he was on the outside 99% of the time. Maybe in the ring to hand DiBiase a $100 bill to stuff in the jobber's mouth lol.

Quoted from tamoore:

I have never understood the hero worship for celebrities.

That's a bit of a blanket statement. I'm a huge fan of Wayne Simmonds, dude is tougher than a $2 steak. I even paid $100 to get a picture with him and have him autograph 2 things. He may be just a person but he has a charity to help poor kids learn to play hockey and provide equipment and he also dedicates time to the Flyer's Wives charities (where I spent the $100) and he just seems like such a down to Earth nice guy.

I don't understand the hero worship for people like the Kardashians.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

» YouTube video

Yea.. This falls under "people who have made lives better".

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

For someone who grunted a bit and had himself painted green? Get outta here with that garbage, man!

Are you forgetting about the accomplishments of physicist Dr. Bruce Banner?

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

I've been so busy getting machines ready for GSPF, that I kinda spaced on updating you Lou "fans" out there. Until I started getting all these pm's.
Well, it ain't happened yet.
After a phone call in the middle of class, a voice mail and 12 texts, we agreed on Saturday at 1. Then he texts me on Friday and says, how about earlier, like 10 am? I say ok; better for me anyway. Then later than night, I get another text telling me he has Sheriff's Posse duty, and can we move it back to Saturday at 1? I say ok.
Then on Saturday at like 7:30am, he texts me again saying he ended up having an early patrol and was finished already, can we go back to 10? I say how about 10:30? (just cuz) He says ok.
At 9:30 (it's a 20 minute drive to his house), I get another text saying he has a "family emergency" in Santa Monica, and we'll have to go for 2 weeks from now.
So.. yeah. See you in two weeks...maybe.

Ummm...... That seems a little too much like the behavior of an entitled, inconsiderate asshole to me. If it were me in your shoes, he'd be needing to find someone else to set up that machine.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from trevorm:

Ummm...... That seems a little too much like the behavior of an entitled, inconsiderate asshole to me. If it were me in your shoes, he'd be needing to find someone else to set up that machine.

Fireball2 made an obligation and he's living up to it. Nothing wrong with that.

He didn't agree to do the job, unless Lou turns out to be a prick. I think by this point his expectations have been significantly lowered to the point where almost nothing would lead to disappointment.

#67 5 years ago

I don't know if "worship" is the right word. I admire him and see him more like a success story. As a child, Lou lost something like 90% of his hearing as was considered deaf. He learned to read lips, but still got picked on as a skinny teenager with a speech impediment. I would think anyone who got picked on would love to see the look on his adversaries faces when he peaked (could have squashed them like grapes). Well great for him and what he transformed into physically.

I wouldn't trade my life, but I'd swap physiques. I've lifted for 30+ years and I will never look like him. I think he looks/looked damn good. But to each their own... we all like different things. Heck, most of us can't even agree on pinball 1/2 the time.

#68 5 years ago

I met virgil, yes he is a prick. He was the million dollar mans "valet" in wwf. Vince mcmahon named him virgil to mock dusty rhodes who he didn't like, real name virgil runnels. Fast forward, virgil jumps to wcw. Dusty(who's in charge) immediately changes his name/gimmick to vincent. No talent whatsoever, couldn't "wrestle" worth a damn. Yet somehow he stuck around. I don't think he does anything but go from autograph show to autograph show. Lucked out in life that wwe made 2 action figures of him that people collect and have to pay to get signed.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

IDK about Lou but that HULK pinball they restored for him at the TPF was the nicest system 1 game i have ever seen and worth a pretty penny

How much did he have to pay for the pin?

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

I met virgil, yes he is a prick. He was the million dollar mans "valet" in wwf. Vince mcmahon named him virgil to mock dusty rhodes who he didn't like, real name virgil runnels. Fast forward, virgil jumps to wcw. Dusty(who's in charge) immediately changes his name/gimmick to vincent. No talent whatsoever, couldn't "wrestle" worth a damn. Yet somehow he stuck around. I don't think he does anything but go from autograph show to autograph show. Lucked out in life that wwe made 2 action figures of him that people collect and have to pay to get signed.

Before Mike Jones was Virgil, Shane, Vincent, Curley Bill or any of the other characters that WWF/E and WCW came up with for him, he was "Soul Train Jones" in Memphis... and was, for a brief moment, something of a star in that promotion. Today? He's most often spotted on http://lonelyvirgil.net/.

#71 5 years ago

Maybe he will give you a “free” opportunity for a selfie with him for your trouble! Bahaha

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Before Mike Jones was Virgil, Shane, Vincent, Curley Bill or any of the other characters that WWF/E and WCW came up with for him, he was "Soul Train Jones" in Memphis... and was, for a brief moment, something of a star in that promotion. Today? He's most often spotted on http://lonelyvirgil.net/.

curly bill, forgot about that one. LOL. reminds me of SD Jones. For years he hailed from philadelphia, then one day he puts on a hawaian shirt and he's introduced as being from antigua, which he actually was.

you would think "actors" could put a smile on their faces and at least act happy. They actually get to meet people who appreciate what they do. Actual fans who want nothing but a signature and a chance to meet someone they looked up to.

reminds me of what steve austin said once on "tough enough" to "wrestlers" training for possible careers. What is it about you that makes someone want to reach into their back pocket, pull out their wallet, and hand over hard earned money just to see you?

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

you would think "actors" could put a smile on their faces and at least act happy.

If you think about it -- an actor's job is essentially lying to you. They pretend to be something they are not (and get paid for it). Maybe its hard for them to "act" happy in real life.

Not something I personally put a lot of value in (actors/celebrity/etc.), but to each their own. Good on them if they can devote some of the income/time/fame to charity or good causes.

Ironically, if you look at a list of "The most trusted people in America" a lot of actors are at the top.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Today? He's most often spotted on http://lonelyvirgil.net/.

Oh, snap! That’s the hardest I’ve laughed in a long, long time!!!

#75 5 years ago

yes, they get paid to act and not be themselves. An autograph show could be considered a gig since they are getting paid somewhat.
I remember taking my 5 year old daughter to a bret hart signing at a local car dealer. When we got to the table, he said "and who's this pretty girl"? She was ear to ear smiles. I always wanted to thank him for that. He has 2 fans for life. All it took was an extra 3 seconds of kindness.

I think I heard a story from the lead singer ac/dc. He said he never asks people for autographs, but he found himself next to james brown one day and couldn't help himself because he admired him so much. Mr. Brown, could I have an autograph please? The response was, sorry, but I only sign once a day and I allready signed today. He said he remembered the feeling of being so hurt, that he vowed to always sign for fans when asked.

#76 5 years ago

So..... who wants to bet that this story ends well? That Lou will graciously receive the pinball without further incident?

#77 5 years ago

Arnold Palmer was the King of Autographs. Never charged, always signed, and made it a point to write his name legible.

http://www.arnoldpalmer.com/signature-story

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2013/04/06/palmer-still-sets-example-of-legible-autographs/2058721/

#78 5 years ago

Me and my buddy got Lou to sign some backglasses for us at TPF. Although I can’t confirm it, I can’t see how you can make Lou Ferrigno out of his signature. We joke about it because I can see the L” but it looks like “Lou F*** You”

I will add he was a bit of a prick at the show to us as well. He kept trying to lowball me on my jukebox I had for sale and tried to Justify it by I should give him a deal because of who he is/was. Needless to say it didn’t happen.

I’ve heard rumors the beautiful machine had had received has sat outside packed as it was received and had been rained on and is laying on its side. ...time will tell.

47061684-0327-42AC-9BAA-29923BA16046 (resized).jpeg47061684-0327-42AC-9BAA-29923BA16046 (resized).jpeg

589C9C28-77C1-44BC-ADE3-4E2DCF791591 (resized).jpeg589C9C28-77C1-44BC-ADE3-4E2DCF791591 (resized).jpeg

919826EA-AE0D-4DB1-91F7-8E9658A88190 (resized).jpeg919826EA-AE0D-4DB1-91F7-8E9658A88190 (resized).jpeg

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

I've been so busy getting machines ready for GSPF, that I kinda spaced on updating you Lou "fans" out there. Until I started getting all these pm's.
Well, it ain't happened yet.
After a phone call in the middle of class, a voice mail and 12 texts, we agreed on Saturday at 1. Then he texts me on Friday and says, how about earlier, like 10 am? I say ok; better for me anyway. Then later than night, I get another text telling me he has Sheriff's Posse duty, and can we move it back to Saturday at 1? I say ok.
Then on Saturday at like 7:30am, he texts me again saying he ended up having an early patrol and was finished already, can we go back to 10? I say how about 10:30? (just cuz) He says ok.
At 9:30 (it's a 20 minute drive to his house), I get another text saying he has a "family emergency" in Santa Monica, and we'll have to go for 2 weeks from now.
So.. yeah. See you in two weeks...maybe.

I bet after you set it up he'll ask you if you want to buy it or if you can find someone to buy it.

#80 5 years ago

Heck, why not mention to him that you know someone who'd give him $4,000(or whatever) for it and see if he'd take the cash. I thinking he would, especially if it's still in the box (not that interested)...

#81 5 years ago

Nah! He'll probably take it to shows and charge $5.00 a game....

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nah! He'll probably take it to shows and charge $5.00 a game....

hahaha!!! and you get 10% off for an autograph if you play 10 games..

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

LOL @ that Virgil post. Dude shows up at a Washington Wild Things baseball game near here (independent scrub league baseball), and tries to pawn off photos from his wrestling days for like absurd money. If you tried to take a photo of him, he wanted to charge you for it. People were legit laughing at him. Pretty sad actually when you think about the guy's downfall.

These guys don’t make as much money as you think - well maybe Ferrigno does, but I know Mike Jones makes EVERY dollar he has from those conventions and the small Indy bookings he does any more - but the guy’s like 60, he’s not running around the ring crazy these days. He’s notorious for finding every opportunity to make a buck on the photos/autographs

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So..... who wants to bet that this story ends well? That Lou will graciously receive the pinball without further incident?

of course he's going to take it...it's free!!!

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Oh, snap! That’s the hardest I’ve laughed in a long, long time!!!

ha! i would have gave him a few bucks just because i'd feel sorry for him

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

How much did he have to pay for the pin?

nothing.its a gift

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

These threads make me sad like that piano outro every episode.

Quite a sad piano outro..it's called "The Lonely Man" , stuck in my head from watching as a kid.
-Mike

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

yes, they get paid to act and not be themselves. An autograph show could be considered a gig since they are getting paid somewhat.
I remember taking my 5 year old daughter to a bret hart signing at a local car dealer. When we got to the table, he said "and who's this pretty girl"? She was ear to ear smiles. I always wanted to thank him for that. He has 2 fans for life. All it took was an extra 3 seconds of kindness.
I think I heard a story from the lead singer ac/dc. He said he never asks people for autographs, but he found himself next to james brown one day and couldn't help himself because he admired him so much. Mr. Brown, could I have an autograph please? The response was, sorry, but I only sign once a day and I allready signed today. He said he remembered the feeling of being so hurt, that he vowed to always sign for fans when asked.

My buddy was an All Pro NFL player in the 1990s and won a couple of Super Bowls. He isn't Joe Montana or Dan Marino popular, but most football fans know him when they see him. He keeps around a hundred of his football cards, signed, in his briefcase and hands them out whenever a fan asks for his autograph.

The only time time I have ever seen him get upset with someone was when we were out to dinner in New York during Super Bowl weekend a few years ago and a guy in his 40's came up to him asking him to sign 3 of his jerseys. This guy goes on to say that he will need to photograph him signing each jersey to prove their authenticity should he ever decide to sell the jerseys. After being denied, the autograph seeker became very upset and the staff at the restaurant had to remove him.

I would never want to be famous. I doubt I would handle it as well as most of the people who are.

#89 5 years ago

000-pinskys50 (resized).jpg000-pinskys50 (resized).jpg

#90 5 years ago

That's beauty!

#91 5 years ago

Print that comic cover off and have him sign it at his next show! Haha!

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Print that comic cover off and have him sign it at his next show! Haha!

That would be Epic!!! Lol!

#93 5 years ago

My apologies to spfxted ...the comic cover could have been better, but I'm at work, and I only have access to MSPaint.

#94 5 years ago

I collect a lot of selfies and autographs but never have I been charged per person in the selfie, but had to at TPF!

#95 5 years ago

Have him sign the movie poster from this classic bomb.

I don't blame a celeb for getting upset if they are asked to sign multiple items that will clearly be on ebay the next day. Recognizing professional autograph chasers is pretty easy. Easy solution is to personalize everything. If person objects, hand the item back and walk away. I love the idea of keeping some signed cards handy. A true fan would appreciate a signed card. A dealer will ask for more and more . I would think its pretty easy to sign a few cards in a car or when they are bored somewhere. I think it was roger mcdowell who would sign a baseball card through the mail, but he bent the card, making it worthless for re-sale, but still great for a fan.

One good story is carmen basilio was at boxing hall of fame. Some collector hands him a box of 8x10's, all the same , to sign. Carmen writes F--- Y--- on the first one and hands the box back.

I saw a guy hand ernie terrell a magazine and asked him to sign. His friend/manager says I know your a dealer and are going to resell. Person swears up and down he is not. So my friend asks for a name to persoanlize it to. The guy says make it out to my friend paul, but he spells it "pal". So basically he wanted "to my pal, ernie terrell. The manager laughed and said get the hell away.

its sad when a celeb who is worth 6-12 million tries to talk someone down in price, and use "but I'm a celeb" as a reason.

ferrig (resized).jpgferrig (resized).jpg

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

My apologies to spfxted ...the comic cover could have been better, but I'm at work, and I only have access to MSPaint.

Looks great and got a laugh out of me!

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Cause he probably don't give a shit.....

Not everyone can be cool. I have no filter...

Not a Big lou f fan this didn't help things.

#98 5 years ago

000-pinskys8888 (resized).jpg000-pinskys8888 (resized).jpg

#99 5 years ago

Here come the comic book memes. LOL

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Have him sign the movie poster from this classic bomb.
I don't blame a celeb for getting upset if they are asked to sign multiple items that will clearly be on ebay the next day. Recognizing professional autograph chasers is pretty easy. Easy solution is to personalize everything. If person objects, hand the item back and walk away. I love the idea of keeping some signed cards handy .

Shouldn't come as a surprise but this classic from Steve Martin!

"The Father of the Bride star grew so overwhelmed with requests at press events, the funnyman printed business cards inked with his signature and the words, “This certifies that you have had a personal encounter with me and that you found me warm, polite, intelligent and funny.”

He quit doing it because he said people were always really disappointed. I would have been thrilled! What a cool memento.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
3,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 750 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lou-ferrigno-update/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.