View topic image gallery

NuWa.gif
Untitleasdfd-1 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

There's a vaccine for pneumonia?

#3 5 years ago

I am guessing. Not sure.

#4 5 years ago

It's amazing that any dog breeder can manage to inoculate a whole litter of little puppies, but a person working in the medical field can't do a giant human being.

Untitleasdfd-1 (resized).jpgUntitleasdfd-1 (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

Maybe the nurse got scared he would turn green and smash her face

#6 5 years ago

She remembers how he treated her at the last comicon.....

#7 5 years ago

I'll be interesting to find out if he went to a doctor, or a clinic, or a grocery store...

#8 5 years ago

Tell me again why I should get a flu shot.

#9 5 years ago

Wonder if he charged the $100 to have that pic taken

#10 5 years ago

bill bixby doesn't approve!

#11 5 years ago

Maybe Lou did not read the inserts that come with the vaccines...

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Tell me again why I should get a flu shot.

Because the flu is a big killer of old farts like you.

Plenty of anecdotal success and horror stories, but the data shows annual vaccines reduce the risk serious illness and death from the flu.

#13 5 years ago

NuWa.gifNuWa.gif It doesn't sound too serious. This vaccine is to help protect 65 and older from getting it. I think you have to do 2 shots a year apart.

#14 5 years ago

Anyone can have an adverse reaction to a vaccination. And yes, there is a vaccination for pneumonia, pneumovax.

#15 5 years ago

Jesus, what did that poor pneumonia vaccine do that Lou hospitalized it???

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Because the flu is a big killer of old farts like you.

My old farts kill flu virus before they even get near me. I bet you wish you could say the same.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's a vaccine for pneumonia?

For the viral form of pneumonia, yes. It doesn't normally take hold in average healthy individuals--usually elderly or individuals with compromised immune systems. The vaccine is usually recommended for adults 65 and older. This is because there really isn't a cure for a virus other than just to treat the symptoms, so prevention is normally the best way to address it.

The more well known form of pneumonia is caused by a bacterial infection, which is treated with antibiotics.

Quoted from vid1900:

It's amazing that any dog breeder can manage to inoculate a whole litter of little puppies, but a person working in the medical field can't do a giant human being. [quoted image]

In rare cases, sometimes the liquid from the injection can ball up in the muscle tissue, rather than being dispersed and absorbed like it normally should be.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

sometimes the liquid from the injection can ball up in the muscle tissue,

Oh yeah. I remember when I had my tonsils out. They stuck some needle in my arm while I was laying on the table and then walked out of the room. I remember seeing my arm swell up like a tennis ball before they acknowledged my plea for them to return.

#19 5 years ago

Prior to that they had given me some kind of gum to chew that was supposed to knock me out. It made me very drowsy but I fought it. Good thing too, because that needle was hooked up to a full IV bag. I don't know what would of happened, but it seemed they came back in the room just in time.

So you all go ahead and get your shots and medical treatments, and I'll take care of mine.

#20 5 years ago

Don't let them stick a contaminated needle in you (or if your arm is contaminated (like most pinheads), make sure they clean clean it) , you'll be OK

Since those inoculations don't require you to hit a vein, there is no shame in just taking it from the nurse and doing it yourself (if the person looks stupid) .

#21 5 years ago

Come on. I can’t tell if these posts are in jest or not.

Pneumovax is a vaccination against a bacterium, streptococcus pneumoniae.

Viral pneumonia is typically caused by influenza, a.k.a the “flu”, which may be prevented by the flu shot.

Just because someone, even the Hulk, had an adverse reaction to a vaccination, does not mean anything was done improperly.

Read the insert on any medication, bad things happen. Look up Guillain-Barre. That doesn’t mean vaccinations aren’t worth doing. Tylenol and ibuprofen can kill you. How many of you use them every day?

Unfortunately ignorance rules the day here as elsewhere. Don’t confuse a Google search with a medical degree. Jesus.

#22 5 years ago

I hate getting shots

#23 5 years ago

Holy cow....if the hulk gets sick from the vaccine, imagine what it could do to a regular joe! No chance MD's...not gonna get me!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Just because someone, even the Hulk, had an adverse reaction to a vaccination, does not mean anything was done improperly.

He did not have an adverse reaction to the vaccine itself.

The injection site (or syringe) was contaminated.

#25 5 years ago

The dude took roids for years. Now his muscles are so ruined They can't even absorb a flu shot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
3,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lou-ferigno-hospitalized-pneumonia-vaccine?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.