sm banner.jpg
SM whitewood.jpg
sm2r.jpg
FB_IMG_1434483026964.jpg
sm-ve-playfield.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
spidey.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Everything on that playfield is from the movie marketting assets...the logos, the characters. The modes are all based on events in the movies.
This rumor is very interesting - on one hand a comic-based Spidey could be really, really cool! On the other hand - SM as it stands has a very engrossing sound package due to Willem Dafoe & Alfred Molina's clips and J.K. Simmons custom voices. I suppose they could keep the music, as it was all original anyway. If the voices were all new - we risk it sounding like X-Men. It would be very hard to go to a "Shittybeast" sound package on Spidey.
Anyway - this is an interesting rumor...let's see what happens. I could see myself re-buying Spidey if they knock it out of the park.

The PF art is the one minor knock i have against SM...if the PF art was redone in comic style it would be a perfect 10 IMO. I'd sell and re-buy one.

That being said...as you stated, the sound package is phenomenal as is. They couldn't re-use it. It would be hard to match it. They would also have to redo the animations and rework the modes too. And the toys would need to change since they are movie based.

It would be a big task to undertake and I don't see it happening.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I agree to a point. All three of those movie pins have deeper roots than just the movies they were modeled from though, and I think in most cases, people can look past those versions of the movies. LotRs is usually high in people's favorite movies of all time. If they come out with a Jaws pin, that'll show that they aren't always interest in what is popular at the moment. They have a rich history and loyal following. Avatar, not so much. Think about how many LotR fans there are, Tron fans, Spidey fans there are.

Avatar is very popular...plus two more movies to come (or was it three).

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah whom the hell even knows anymore...thought they were coming out years & years ago. Wonder how much interest they can drum up this time? Maybe a ton, won;t be from me though...god that movie was pathetic.

I enjoyed it as a mindless action flick in 3d...it wasnt great, but it was entertaining even if it was Dancing with Smurfs.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Ok...So SM is first of the next VE pairs? - not too shabby
But I gotta know what the next one is - if anyone knows spill it please...

No, its not.

#202 8 years ago

Why would they deal with new art, new animations, new sounds when they could put out Tron as-is without having to do all that...or LOTR for that matter.? No way SM is a VE. It doesn't make business sense. Plus, they're $4500-$5000 for a nice one now. Not seeing the insane demand and low supply to justify it.

It's a nice thought and one I might re-buy if made, but it's just a fantasy.

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's too bad if they don't because the 6 white arrows would be perfect for them! They already have code in those inserts to change the intensity which is difficult to see with leds. If these were color changers it would be much easier to see when you have a 2x multiplier lit. They could also correspond by color to the mode lights like they do in Star Trek.

That would be awesome!

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Watch it, you're about to be wrong.
Followed by LOTR and Avatar.

Id be happy to be wrong...you had me going until you said Avatar.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

sonofabitch.
I JUST came back from a work trip. The restaurant next door to my hotel had ONE working pin, a SM. I'd never really put a ton of plays on it before- I wasn't a big fan of the movie to be honest.
Well, I played it about 50 times over 2-3 days and now I'm hooked. I came on here to start researching a purchase and now see all THIS.
Arg....
Now im in a holding pattern.

If you like it , buy it. It's top 3 all time for me. Dont wait for a vaporpin. Its not coming.

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Can a few people chime in that absolutely love the Spider-Man pin with what they like most about it? Spider-Man has always been one of my favorite themes, ever since I was a little kid. Playing the game I found I just kept grinding out Sandman and Doc Ock all the time. I read through the indepth guide on pinballnews about the rules and shots, but find when I play, I still get sucked into those two other modes. Even little things would be cool to hear, like how often do you try to make the shot underneath the upper right flipper (like the away team shot in ST)? Besides, with all the bitching on pinside lately, I'd like to read some more things on what people LIKE about pinball.

Spider-man has an awesome rule set and great layout. Pairing modes with doc ock multiballs are a must and the shot multipliers make for great strategy...I like multiplying the right ramp and getting Battle Royale going for big jackpots. Super-Hero is obtainable but VERY difficult to beat. I have outlines opened all the way it can go without removing the posts entirely. The shaker is also integrated fantastically and really is one of sterns best shaker integrations. I pretty much never go for the spider sense shot as its ultra dangerous on my machine...a must make in Super-Hero though. Like LOTR, a good game can last a long time. Maybe not as long as LOTR, but longer than the average game. It's partially why I haven't played it much lately. Not enough time. Still love it and plan on keeping it for a long while...unless VE with comic art comes out.

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Thanks, I actually just watched that yesterday. Was nice to see some of those rules explained during real gameplay. There are a couple of times during the game play where he says he doesn't know what shot he's really supposed to go for (cause there is no light indicator) in order to complete the mode, etc. and that he's just guessing, sometimes with 50/50 odds of getting it right. Is this an issue for people or is it just one of those things the more you play it the more you get used to it? Also, for the shot multiplier - how do you know which shot actually got multiplied if you don't happen to catch the split second animation and/or just know because you were able to pay close enough attention (i.e. if you're in multiball and that happens, how do you know?). I'm guessing it might be an option to tab through if you can catch the ball and hold the flipper button in to check? I love strategy in pinball and delaying the quick points for the larger payout - Bowen's tutorial definitely does a good job of showing how Spidey shines in that regard...

Its very easy to tell what to shoot during the game. The multiplied shot is identified by the white shot insert. It will dimly be lit if a multiplier is active for that shot. Easy to see.

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The one we had on location near me...you can't do it. The upper flipper blocks the shot? Do you have to do it staged button press or what?

Let go of the button after you backhand it.

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So doing non movie hand drawn art doesn't mean they can't use the same sound bits as they have now. Someone has to voice those characters. Why not the actors that did the movie? In my opinion, it's not out of place to have the same sound tracks with generic hand drawn art.

Except the movie quotes are sony assets...which is most of the sound package. They could keep the custom stuff by JK Simmons and the music but everything else would need redone.

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I like how a price discussion has been hijacked by a game play discussion.

Was this a price discussion?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lots-of-spidermans-for-salerecently?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.