sm banner.jpg
SM whitewood.jpg
sm2r.jpg
FB_IMG_1434483026964.jpg
sm-ve-playfield.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
spidey.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

seems like lots for sale lately and quite a few have sold SM recentyly and picked up MET, ACDC, ST, and now KISS???
Heck I think even Flanker sold his SM so he could get a Met?

I still think SM is one of the all time great Stern games but I think some of the newer games like Met and ACDC make it feel kind of outdated as far as rules/lighting goes. SM has a great rule-set but it feels somewhat traditional instead of the more recent risk/reward rule-sets that Lyman has come up with. I think ACDC's rule-set really changed the game in that it no longer requires a 45 minute game to rack up huge points. Met is the same way. All it takes is a big Song Jackpot or Crank it Up mode to propel your points into the stratosphere! I think color changing LEDs and the stacking potential has also been improved dramatically over the past few years.

I'm still excited to see what SM VE is all about and if they do actually make enough cool changes to the game I would be tempted to buy one NIB. Or I may consider buying an old SM HUO if prices fall into the $4K range. It's just a solid/good overall game.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Or you could just play it on route If they make one with all the comic art for normal pro model costs I would liekly buy one to put on route. No promises but it is a distinct possibility.

I think a re-vamped Spidey would do great on route and my personal policy is to not buy any machines for home if they available to play on route! Especially if they are updated and play as well as the games that Madisonpinball has setup

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

My point being Spider-Man with its features is more like a premium and build cost would be much higher.
So dumping your SM below market value based on speculation of a VE would not seem like a great idea until you see price point if it's made

I think Met Pro has more features as SM does. Metal ramps, Sparky, inline drops, magnets, captive ball, 2 scoops, etc.

Real price on Spidey VE delivered will be <$5K. Original Spidey will still have the slide rails and lollipop playfield rails that the VE will surely lack.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Because they are aware of how loved SM is. A re-worked SM VE would sell like hot cakes IMO. Seems like they couldn't get the license to do the original so they used some creativity got a different license via marvel to do comic style art, dots, & sound. It's exciting that Stern is doing this type of thing to re-release one of their most loved pins. I think it is a real possibility if not a probability that Stern releases a SM VE.

I wonder if we'll see improvements like color changers in the web arrow inserts to make the game more current?

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I doubt it, I would assume the code would say the same, just new assets for art/dots/sound. Would be rad if they went that far, just can't imagine they would.

It's too bad if they don't because the 6 white arrows would be perfect for them! They already have code in those inserts to change the intensity which is difficult to see with leds. If these were color changers it would be much easier to see when you have a 2x multiplier lit. They could also correspond by color to the mode lights like they do in Star Trek.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lots-of-spidermans-for-salerecently?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.