Topic Stats

• 304 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
south-park-season-13-13-dances-with-smurfs.jpg
sm banner.jpg
SM whitewood.jpg
sm2r.jpg
FB_IMG_1434483026964.jpg
sm-ve-playfield.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
spidey.jpg

There are 304 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 4 years ago

I like the longer play, the ramp shots, and the multiballs....stacking is a lot of fun, as is Battle Royale and god forbid Superhero if you ever get to it. I've only done it once, and my access to the game in a public location was just lost... :\

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Spider-Man has an awesome rule set and great layout. Pairing modes with doc ock multiballs are a must and the shot multipliers make for great strategy...I like multiplying the right ramp and getting Battle Royale going for big jackpots. Super-Hero is obtainable but VERY difficult to beat. I have outlines opened all the way it can go without removing the posts entirely. The shaker is also integrated fantastically and really is one of sterns best shaker integrations. I pretty much never go for the spider sense shot as its ultra dangerous on my machine...a must make in Super-Hero though. Like LOTR, a good game can last a long time. Maybe not as long as LOTR, but longer than the average game. It's partially why I haven't played it much lately. Not enough time. Still love it and plan on keeping it for a long while...unless VE with comic art comes out.

I agree with this but the long ball times are what I don't care for. I just prefer brutal games that make you play multiple games. With S-M I play one game and move on to something else.

I enjoyed it for 2 years but am ready to move on. I am also not really into the comic book themes.

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Can a few people chime in that absolutely love the Spider-Man pin with what they like most about it? Spider-Man has always been one of my favorite themes, ever since I was a little kid. Playing the game I found I just kept grinding out Sandman and Doc Ock all the time. I read through the indepth guide on pinballnews about the rules and shots, but find when I play, I still get sucked into those two other modes. Even little things would be cool to hear, like how often do you try to make the shot underneath the upper right flipper (like the away team shot in ST)? Besides, with all the bitching on pinside lately, I'd like to read some more things on what people LIKE about pinball.

I generally gun to at least get to Battle Royale. So you need to defeat each villain twice to get there. Also many of the modes are great like bone saw, new goblin & more. To start new mode hit lit white arrows then either loop to start. To get super hero need to defeat all villains and start all all modes which is a challenge. SM is my favorite pin I love it for the flow, great rule set, awesome call outs and sounds. Just a super all around pin. Owned it multiple times never get tired of it. Even when I have pins I haven't played as much I find myself going back to SM. No other pin really maximizes flow combined with the perfect amount of stop n go as well as SM.

Here's a link to Bowens tutorial:

#254 4 years ago

SM is a funny game. I really enjoy it and think is a great game. But I don't go back to it over and over again. I play it once, and then move on, as well. It is just this side of chopping wood, for me. Hit the shot, hit the shot, hit the shot, do it all again, do it all again. Multiball. Hit the shot, hit the shot......

#255 4 years ago

Any chance of a VE LE? Definitely some cool possibilities there, Venom LE, Green Goblin LE..

#256 4 years ago

mentioned this long ago when people kept saying LOTR would be a VE. lol
spidey is happening. any price of a used modern stern that rises over 1k what it sold for new shows demand.
i paid $3750 shipped for my spidey when it came out.
the ve's will be priced as why snow stated.
thats when ill get another brand new one.

#257 4 years ago

I got in on the last run of SM and I think they were up to $4300 then.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

sonofabitch.
I JUST came back from a work trip. The restaurant next door to my hotel had ONE working pin, a SM. I'd never really put a ton of plays on it before- I wasn't a big fan of the movie to be honest.
Well, I played it about 50 times over 2-3 days and now I'm hooked. I came on here to start researching a purchase and now see all THIS.
Arg....
Now im in a holding pattern.

Well, you can get one now or you can wait hope that the VE gets made some day... Cost is the same either way.

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Here's a link to Bowens tutorial: ยป YouTube video

Thanks, I actually just watched that yesterday. Was nice to see some of those rules explained during real gameplay. There are a couple of times during the game play where he says he doesn't know what shot he's really supposed to go for (cause there is no light indicator) in order to complete the mode, etc. and that he's just guessing, sometimes with 50/50 odds of getting it right. Is this an issue for people or is it just one of those things the more you play it the more you get used to it? Also, for the shot multiplier - how do you know which shot actually got multiplied if you don't happen to catch the split second animation and/or just know because you were able to pay close enough attention (i.e. if you're in multiball and that happens, how do you know?). I'm guessing it might be an option to tab through if you can catch the ball and hold the flipper button in to check? I love strategy in pinball and delaying the quick points for the larger payout - Bowen's tutorial definitely does a good job of showing how Spidey shines in that regard...

#260 4 years ago

I think the Doc Ock shot is one of the coolest shots going. I've had and sold SM once and I miss that shot. I will buy again I think, VE or not.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Well, you can get one now or you can wait hope that the VE gets made some day... Cost is the same either way.

Yup... I was in the same boat with MB..... wondering if it would be the next PPS/CGC remake.

Ther good news is, just the RUMOR of that possibility has made many REAL MB affordable enough to buy....and not wait any longer!

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Thanks, I actually just watched that yesterday. Was nice to see some of those rules explained during real gameplay. There are a couple of times during the game play where he says he doesn't know what shot he's really supposed to go for (cause there is no light indicator) in order to complete the mode, etc. and that he's just guessing, sometimes with 50/50 odds of getting it right. Is this an issue for people or is it just one of those things the more you play it the more you get used to it? Also, for the shot multiplier - how do you know which shot actually got multiplied if you don't happen to catch the split second animation and/or just know because you were able to pay close enough attention (i.e. if you're in multiball and that happens, how do you know?). I'm guessing it might be an option to tab through if you can catch the ball and hold the flipper button in to check? I love strategy in pinball and delaying the quick points for the larger payout - Bowen's tutorial definitely does a good job of showing how Spidey shines in that regard...

Its very easy to tell what to shoot during the game. The multiplied shot is identified by the white shot insert. It will dimly be lit if a multiplier is active for that shot. Easy to see.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I think the Doc Ock shot is one of the coolest shots going. I've had and sold SM once and I miss that shot. I will buy again I think, VE or not.

I just love backhanding that shot. Provides a challenge but once you get it down you can hit it with regularity.

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I just love backhanding that shot. Provides a challenge but once you get it down you can hit it with regularity.

The one we had on location near me...you can't do it. The upper flipper blocks the shot? Do you have to do it staged button press or what?

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The one we had on location near me...you can't do it. The upper flipper blocks the shot? Do you have to do it staged button press or what?

No it's a makable shot even keeping 3rd flipper up. Needs to be precise but I've been able to do it on almost all leveled SM pins I've played on. Takes a lot of practice to be able to hit it on a regular basis.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Let go of the button after you backhand it.

#267 4 years ago

I'd strongly consider making room for a SMVE if the art package changed to the classic comic version.

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Let go of the button after you backhand it.

Yeah, uh...thanks for the Protip there...

Tried it about a million times on two different games and never got it to stick, but post pass and shot from the left and no trouble at all...whatever. Can backhand the right ramp on my met pro at full angle, but not Spiderman...think maybe there's something else going on there? Oh like......

Yeaaaaaaaaaah.....about that.....

#269 4 years ago

I was so close to ordering an IMVE. Already decided if y'all are right and SM comes back around--I'm in!

#270 4 years ago

So doing non movie hand drawn art doesn't mean they can't use the same sound bits as they have now. Someone has to voice those characters. Why not the actors that did the movie? In my opinion, it's not out of place to have the same sound tracks with generic hand drawn art.

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So doing non movie hand drawn art doesn't mean they can't use the same sound bits as they have now. Someone has to voice those characters. Why not the actors that did the movie? In my opinion, it's not out of place to have the same sound tracks with generic hand drawn art.

Those sound clips are Sony assets (at least the ones from the movie are, not sure about the custom work). It would require Stern to license them from Sony. Not out of the question, but if they are going to do that then why not use all the same art and pump them out as is with no changes?

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Except the movie quotes are sony assets...which is most of the sound package. They could keep the custom stuff by JK Simmons and the music but everything else would need redone.

#273 4 years ago

throw lightning flippers on the lower flippers and it will change your "long ball times".
it also makes backhanding doc ock harder.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, uh...thanks for the Protip there...
Tried it about a million times on two different games and never got it to stick, but post pass and shot from the left and no trouble at all...whatever. Can backhand the right ramp on my met pro at full angle, but not spiderman...think maybe there's something else going on there? Oh like......

Yeaaaaaaaaaah.....about that.....

Never played a SM that the doc ock shot isnt back hand able

#275 4 years ago

This whole Vault Edition is such a blessing and a curse. I'm glad that the hobby is able to grow (to hell with resale values I say, as a Spiderman owner). But these VE speculation threads are out of control - any Stern machine that is desirable will eventually have a VE speculation thread. TSPP VE anyone?

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

doc ock shot isnt back hand able

Yay, I can selectively quote too!

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

This whole Vault Edition is such a blessing and a curse. I'm glad that the hobby is able to grow (to hell with resale values I say, as a spiderman owner). But these VE speculation threads are out of control - any Stern machine that is desirable will eventually have a VE speculation thread. TSPP VE anyone?

Would it be better or worse if Stern post a list like this:

"Next VE titles to be released (in order, but exact dates TBD):
LOTR
Spider Man
Big Game
TSPP
ACDC"

#278 4 years ago

My Spidey is now sold and gone.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

throw lightning flippers on the lower flippers and it will change your "long ball times".
it also makes backhanding doc ock harder.

Spider-Man may have longer ball times but that doesn't mean it's too easy. Are people beating superhero every game or even often? Putting on lightening flippers could shorten ball times at the cost of seeing what the game had to offer.

As for the back hand shot to doc ock, it's not done near the end if the flipper bat at all. I don't see why lightening flippers wild impact the back hand shots and in my experience they don't.

#280 4 years ago

Screw it ...... VE, SE, remake up da ass .

Mines of the market. No way I gonna let this go for peanuts. Perfect HUO in every way. Mid out too image.jpg

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I was so close to ordering an IMVE. Already decided if y'all are right and SM comes back around--I'm in!

SM is great but IM>SM. But that might just be me

#282 4 years ago

I like how a price discussion has been hijacked by a game play discussion.

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I like how a price discussion has been hijacked by a game play discussion.

Was this a price discussion?

#284 4 years ago

Dude wtf are you on drugs or something?

Quoted from nosro:I like how a price discussion has been hijacked by a game play discussion.

2 months later
#285 4 years ago

Sounds like it is definitely happening...haha!

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Sounds like it is definitely happening...haha!

Source/citation?

3 months later
#287 3 years ago

Lots of speculation seems to be happening....

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Lots of speculation seems to be happening....

You sounded more certain three months ago!

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

LOL, great timing. The OP resurrects a 3-month old conversation, and the same guy he was having an exchange with at that time responds in less than a minute.

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Still am.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

LOL, great timing. The OP resurrects a 3-month old conversation, and the same guy he was having an exchange with at that time responds in less than a minute.

Joe Buck, is that you?

1 month later
#293 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rufer started it with the SM Vault think Luci post.
Hope he's right.
LTG : )

Boom 6 mo. ago

#294 3 years ago

LOL
oh oh oh oh oh its gonna be tron, its gonna be lotr
hahahahahahaha
ah fooey.

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Id put money down a Spidey Vault is coming soon, any takers?

I believe everyone bet me $1000 dollars in this thread against SMVE. Paypal me please.

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I believe everyone bet me $1000 dollars in this thread against SMVE. Paypal me please.

Considered when you go back to your original avatar. Oh Flanksta, you pranksta.

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Considered when you go back to your original avatar. Oh Flanksta, you pranksta.

Fat sweaty Mac is awesome! Maybe I should just change my avatar every 30 minutes like Odin then no one will notice

1 month later
#298 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

SMVE aint gonna happen....

Quoted from kidchrisso:

We'll see....could be a different edition

Ok ok I was wrong, but you must have known something .

#299 3 years ago

The "Man" trifecta vault will continue

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The "Man" trifecta vault will continue

You seem to be in the know, based on your other posts. Will this be a cartoon remake as well?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 304 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside