Topic Stats

• 304 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
south-park-season-13-13-dances-with-smurfs.jpg
sm banner.jpg
SM whitewood.jpg
sm2r.jpg
FB_IMG_1434483026964.jpg
sm-ve-playfield.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
spidey.jpg

There are 304 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 4 years ago

Makes me wonder what could be in the line up next @ Stern....a VE?

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Ha, I felt like I didn't see them much before, and have been seeing a few lately. Didn't know if it was juts me though.

#3 4 years ago

I want one...a VE would be great...any guesses on the cost of a NIB SMVE....Gotta be more than IMVE...

#4 4 years ago

SMVE aint gonna happen....

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

That's what I was wondering as pretty much all of them were priced aggressively. Normally you see them start at 5500-6000 obo but most of the recent ones were 5k or less.

#6 4 years ago

Biggest reason I'm selling mine is because I need the space for another game. Never thought it would be so hard to get rid of this game at $4900.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

That's what I was wondering as pretty much all of them were priced aggressively.

Rufer started it with the SM Vault think Luci post.

Hope he's right.

LTG : )

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

SMVE aint gonna happen....

We'll see....could be a different edition

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Biggest reason I'm selling mine is because I need the space for another game. Never thought it would be so hard to get rid of this game at $4900.

Your price is great. Just seems like it's taking a little longer to sell games, even highly ranked ones, because so many people jumped into Kiss.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rufer started it with the SM Vault think Luci post.
Hope he's right.
LTG : )

For what it's worth I'd heard the rumor in person before he said anything on Pinside. It's going around.

#11 4 years ago

SM was the higher end flavor of the month about a year ago. People have realized it is just an OK game, esp with some of the new Stern titles coming out of interest.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

For what it's worth I'd heard the rumor in person before he said anything on Pinside. It's going around.

I rarely post much anymore, every once in awhile I'll throw a bone.

#14 4 years ago

For those like me just catching up on the latest rumor:

Stern will *supposedly* be releasing Spider-Man VE as their next title. Game of Thrones is still coming later this year with the new display.

SM VE will feature revised hand-drawn artwork (ala AC/DC Luci) & no references to the movie.

These rumors are based on posts confirmed by a reliable source (mnpinball has a pretty good record of calling it before it happens):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coded-message-on-sterns-facebook/page/5#post-2512225
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coded-message-on-sterns-facebook/page/5#post-2512236
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coded-message-on-sterns-facebook/page/4#post-2509439
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coded-message-on-sterns-facebook/page/4#post-2509334

#15 4 years ago

If a VE comes out, it'll run around 4.5k without mods.
I'm happy with my "Pimped" version

As a SM owner, I don't care if they release a VE. It doesn't affect my value. When a title is reselling (non-modded stock) greater than the price of existing titles, then it'll be understandable. I don't think Stern will release a VE Spidey, based on price, but if they do, awesome. "Play Better"

It's a fun game, and more people should be able to enjoy it.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Stern will (supposedly) be releasing Spider-Man VE as their next title.
It will feature revised hand-drawn artwork (ala AC/DC Luci) & no references to the movie

Any links / sources? I don't retract my statement of being happy that more people will have a chance to enjoy, but custom artwork sounds very interesting

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

every once in awhile I'll throw a bone.

And major bones they are.

LTG : )™

#18 4 years ago

SM is an awesome title- very few come for sale in Canada. When they do, HUO or high grade ones are listing and selling $6k-$6.5k or higher. IMO- still a top 5 Stern.

#19 4 years ago

Do you really think Marvel is going to renew a licence for a version of Spider-Man that is not current with the recent reboot movies ?

#20 4 years ago

I just sold mine simply to bring my collection down. Haven't heard of any VE. It would be a keeper if I didn't love AFM so much. They are identical lay outs except AFM has some humor !

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

For those like me just catching up:
Stern will (supposedly) be releasing Spider-Man VE as their next title (Game of Thrones is still coming later this year with the new display).
It will feature revised hand-drawn artwork (ala AC/DC Luci) & no references to the movie.
These rumors are based on posts confirmed by a reliable source (mnpinball has a pretty good record of calling it before it happens):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coded-message-on-sterns-facebook/page/5#post-2512225
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coded-message-on-sterns-facebook/page/5#post-2512236

So they are going to do a vault with no references to the movie, so new code, audio, DMD video. Yeah, ok..

#22 4 years ago

No there have been a lot of Jurassic Park's for sale lately, it is the next VE. And I don't know if you heard but it is also a very rare game so even more proof it is the next VE.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Any links / sources? I don't retract my statement of being happy that more people will have a chance to enjoy, but custom artwork sounds very interesting

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coded-message-on-sterns-facebook/page/4#post-2509439
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coded-message-on-sterns-facebook/page/4#post-2509334

*EDIT: Added to my original post.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I would hope that if Stern does a VE of SM without the trilogy movie content/art that they would have the sense to make the DMD animations better and compatible with the original SM. Otherwise it will piss some of us off that own the original.

#25 4 years ago

A new Spidey with new hand drawn art and dots (no clue about sound, I'd guess new?) would be smart.

It's honestly not that big of an expense if you can sell a decent little run of them. It makes the license way more timeless. And there's a precedent with the X-Men pin, which was based off the comics, and not the movies (which are Fox, I know). Just saying, it's not like Disney has said "no" to comic book art pins.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would hope that if Stern does a VE of SM without the trilogy movie content/art that they would have the sense to make the DMD animations better and compatible with the original SM. Otherwise it will piss some of us off that own the original.

Do you mean being able to load the new code on your old game? Biggest question will be if they use Spike or not I guess.

#27 4 years ago

I don't think any VE will be a major departure from the earlier run/s. It is just the new name for a rerun, which has happened plenty before, but never with any major redesign involved.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Do you mean being able to load the new code on your old game? Biggest question will be if they use Spike or not I guess.

Gary said that all old games will use the board set for which they were designed originally. Thus the owners of the original SMs should expect to be able to upgrade the animations if Stern goes that direction.

#29 4 years ago

There was a thread where there was a stack of SM playfields at CGC. They also had a stack of IM playfields before the VE Iron Man run.

#30 4 years ago

I'm still holding my breath for Roller Coaster Tycoon!

#31 4 years ago

Why not? Stern did it w/ family guy and shrek. But the true question: Spike or no Spike?

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

There was a thread where there was a stack of SM playfields at CGC. They also had a stack of IM playfields before the VE Iron Man run.

Those SM playfields were identical to the originals, correct?
The rumor is the art package will be different and no longer based on the three movies. To me that likely means no actors and the voices and animations would need to be changed since the licensing would be for a different aspect of Spider-Man lore.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Biggest question will be if they use Spike or not I guess.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Gary said that all old games will use the board set for which they were designed originally. Thus the owners of the original SMs should expect to be able to upgrade the animations if Stern goes that direction.

Yep, go to the 39:48 mark in this video to hear Gary confirm what DCFAN said:

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Yep, go to the 39:48 mark in this video to hear Gary confirm this:
» YouTube video

Man you're on fire tonight with the links!

#35 4 years ago

Man, I really dislike the art, but SM has been my serious go-to recently. Probably a top five for me.

Was almost about to pull the trigger on a boatload of mods thinking this is a long-term keeper, but maybe I should wait it out...just bought the pinballbulbs LED kit though.

#36 4 years ago

So lets see, I'll need a new translite, new plastics, new playfield. no problem.

/would much rather have comic spiderman than toby spiderman.

#37 4 years ago

I put mine up for sale recently but this is the first time I have heard a strong rumor of a VE. Wonder how much I will have to drop price if this is true. I just don't play mine that much anymore.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I put mine up for sale recently but this is the first time I have heard a strong rumor of a VE. Wonder how much I will have to drop price if this is true. I just don't play mine that much anymore.

If IMVE is an indicator??? then I would expect to see very nice HUO originals for around 4k since NIB SMVE will be ~$4500

#39 4 years ago

I'm just not seeing the demand or price on used SM's to justify a VE. How many would they really sell? VE's and the threat of VE's have kept used Sterns in check. The only games really exceeding NIB pricing are Trons, LOTR's, and strangely enough, IMVE's. Stern could probably stand to crank out a hundred or so more of those.

#40 4 years ago

I hope you all are right about this, a new SM with original art and metallic cab decals (I'm guessing) would be hard to pass up...

#41 4 years ago

New sound? So, new callouts? That would be an atrocity. Replace the stupid sling plastics with Matt's and install the buildings, and you don't have any movie references on the PF as it is.

#42 4 years ago

SMVE is coming, along with another VE people will be excited about. Stern didn't move into a new huge facility to do the same old %#^*. They are getting smarter.....mods, new system, manufacturing for other companies.......and VE's like you have never seen.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If IMVE is an indicator??? then I would expect to see very nice HUO originals for around 4k since NIB SMVE will be ~$4500

I thought the VE would be a little more than IM because it seems more complex. If price drops too much below what I paid then I will just work a little harder at trading it for something I want to play.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, this is true. But if they're really doing a new art package that included new dots (and sound?) it might make sense to just Spike it. I have no clue though.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

When someone posts "what's the next game", yours is the only answer I look to see. I don't even know you but I can see you usually know.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I thought the VE would be a little more than IM because it seems more complex. If price drops too much below what I paid then I will just work a little harder at trading it for something I want to play.

I can't imagine Stern ever trying to upsell an old title for more than their brand new games sell for in the pro model.

IM is a basic game but most of their games have similar BOM I would think so not much difference for them.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Gary, I wish you would post more. Would you post more if we sent you booze?

#48 4 years ago

Well all these rumors have now killed my sale. Guess I'll just break it down and wrap it up for a rainy day. If anyone still wants it between now and then I'll let it go for $4800 firm but thats it.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can't imagine Stern ever trying to upsell an old title for more than their brand new games sell for in the pro model.
IM is a basic game but most of their games have similar BOM I would think so not much difference for them.

Good point. Will have to wait and see I guess.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Well all these rumors have now killed my sale. Guess I'll just break it down and wrap it up for a rainy day. If anyone still wants it between now and then I'll let it go for $4800 firm but thats it.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

well to be accurate it is not "all these rumors" but just when mnpinball says something it typically carries some weight. That combined with the influx of SM all for sale at the same time is not going to help anyones sale.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 304 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside