(Topic ID: 124589)

LOTR:Lord of the Rings Vault Edition Confirmed?

By Join_The_Cirqus

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 292 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by mpdpvdpin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
download (1).jpg
2015-04-17-19-34-45.png
61379852.jpg
download.jpg
my precious.png
HiRes.jpg
27d3f129919791c48a0bd75a02ed8c59.jpg
so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.png
k9h93.jpg
shire_detail.jpg
preach.png
photo-24033.gif
FU3087lg.jpg
pop-game-of-thrones-white-walker-4.jpg
nfa.jpg
There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 9 years ago

Just posted on Facebook.
Is this a hint or are they messing with us?

2015-04-14-19-28-12.png2015-04-14-19-28-12.png
#2 9 years ago

Given that this is Stern's PR? It means nothing.

#3 9 years ago

I think they were just cleaning out the closet

#4 9 years ago

..... or evidence they are moving factories.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

..... or evidence they are moving factories.

#6 9 years ago

Stern should auction it off for charity! It is definitely an excellent piece of Pinball History!

Marcus

#7 9 years ago

If it is a Vault Edition.. Seems like timing would be right around the "anticipated" Hobbit release in May.
We are about due for a teaser of their next title..

#8 9 years ago

I see a dragon on that silver plaque behind Gomez. That clearly means game of thrones.

#9 9 years ago

Gomez posted the same picture, but his caption read: "Getting ready for the big move...look what they found in the back of the factory. smile emoticon (LOTR last whitewood with Ring jump ramp still in it.)"

I wouldn't read anything into it, but I would be a little excited to see more posts of what they dig up from the dark corners of the factory. There could be some really interesting stuff!

#10 9 years ago

The inspiration for the gold bearded LE backglass must have been that Barad-Dur dick tower

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I see a dragon on that silver plaque behind Gomez. That clearly means game of thrones.

Those are also game of thrones dolls over his left shoulder

#12 9 years ago

This could be fantastic news for the coming weeks. Fingers are crossed! Also congrats to Stern on the big move!

#13 9 years ago

Carice van Houten already let the cat out of the bag for GOT pinball in another thread. Stern is likely just throwing out their hints now in lieu of this.

#14 9 years ago

Man I wish my closets had stuff like that in them.

#15 9 years ago

maybe you can buy the playfield and make a LOTR

what is with the flap in the center

feature removed

almost RFM like, maybe to bash Balrog

#16 9 years ago

What's the playfield on the floor to the left? I don't recognize it

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

its Avengers

#18 9 years ago

Looks like Avengers.

#19 9 years ago

here you go

image-2.jpgimage-2.jpg
#20 9 years ago

there's one of these on top of the pile in the back:

FU2279lg.jpgFU2279lg.jpg
#21 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

FU2279lg.jpg

Good Eye Herb

#22 9 years ago

I just picked up a LOTR, so that guarantees they'll remake it.

#23 9 years ago

So Avenengr is the new VE HaZa!!!! That's why they asked for new code suggestions!!!!

#24 9 years ago

So Avenengr is the new VE HaZa!!!! That's why they asked for new code suggestions!!!!

No VE required

Prolly sitting on a lot of NIB Avengers from Original release...

#25 9 years ago

FU2279lg.jpg

Wow good catch!!

#26 9 years ago

OMG...another inane LOTR VE thread. AHHHHH

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

No VE required
Prolly sitting on a lot of NIB Avengers from Original release...

I was joking, making fun of all the Tron VE talk

#28 9 years ago

Has this prototype a better playfield then the official lotr?

Would be awesome if the ve would be this prototype, with some additional new code. (And a lcd screen, lol)

Bring it on!

#29 9 years ago

Someone should just write a bot to scrape Facebook an autopost these threads.

#30 9 years ago

If LOTR is 1, MB is a strong 1A. That's for sure.

#31 9 years ago

If you think this is confirmation I have some beachfront property in Arizona for sale cheap. I have pics to prove it.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

If you think this is confirmation I have some beachfront property in Arizona for sale cheap. I have pics to prove it.

nfa.jpgnfa.jpg

#33 9 years ago

I for one hope it leads to the VE being released. One of the games I regret not buying NIB.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yup and we won't forget to write code for the the obligingly Aurich post of "This is wrong or stupid but whatever man" comment as well.

#35 9 years ago

Yup and we won't forget to write code for the the obligingly Aurich post of "This is wrong or stupid but whatever man" comment as well.

To make it realistic make sure it sometimes forgets to put the "d" at the end of "and".

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Lol

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Carice van Houten already let the cat out of the bag for GOT pinball in another thread. Stern is likely just throwing out their hints now in lieu of this.

The hint is that LOTR is being rethemed for GOT. "The throne must be destroyed!"

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

I for one hope it leads to the VE being released. One of the games I regret not buying NIB.

#39 9 years ago

LOTR VE ... yes yes yes......

#40 9 years ago

FU2279lg.jpg

nice catch, Maybe a KISS with dirty Donny art and figurines as such?

#41 9 years ago

As soon as I buy a MET led pro is when they will announce the next VE. Sucks because I think I would rather have a LoTR or SM VE over met but only have funds for 1 game NIB. Damn what a problem to have...

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

As soon as I buy a MET led pro is when they will announce the next VE. Sucks because I think I would rather have a LoTR or SM VE over met but only have funds for 1 game NIB. Damn what a problem to have...

Honestly I don't think they have any plans at all for a VE game right now. They're line fillers for gaps. They have MMr to finish, however Woah Nellies to build, whatever is happening with WWE, they're doing a last run of Metallica, still making Star Trek I assume, Borg's game could be announced as early as this month, and then Ritchie's game.

Stop waiting for something ephemeral that might not even happen and get that Metallica now, they're about to stop making them from what I hear.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Enjoy your Metallica! There will be no LOTR or SM VE. While you're enjoying your Met - just keep your eyes open for a used LOTR or SM...you never know when a cheap one might just fall into your lap. Remember, they made a TON of those games - they're common.

#44 9 years ago

Stern showed pics of Iron Maiden cookies a while back. I was sure that the Iron Maiden pin was around the corner....I'm not holding my breath but I'm hopeful!

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

OMG...another inane LOTR VE thread. AHHHHH

And OMG once again the people that yell the loudest in all of them are the people that currently own an existing LOTR and are afraid of it losing value if this godforsaken VE rumor comes to pass!

THE HORROR! YOU WILL LOSE MONEY ON THE PINBALL MACHINE YOU OWN! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

I own a SM and think a VE is possible for it. Any Stern fetching over $5000 on the used market is viable. My machine might drop up to $1000 or more in value if it comes to pass. Do you find me bitching and moaning at every chance to try and convince people that it ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT HAPPEN (and you should *nudge* *nudge* make me an OFFER ON MINE)? No. But I am not in this hobby as an investment or for my livelihood. If you chose to get out of the stock market and bank on pins, I'm sorry.

#46 9 years ago

Is this a late April Fool's prank? I mean seriously.

#47 9 years ago

They showed iron maiden snippets on Facebook over a year ago and still no game. I say the things in the background are more important then the whitewood.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

And OMG once again the people that yell the loudest in all of them are the people that currently own an existing LOTR and are afraid of it losing value if this godforsaken VE rumor comes to pass!
THE HORROR! YOU WILL LOSE MONEY ON THE PINBALL MACHINE YOU OWN! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

How many times does this have to be said.... people have every right to own a game & comment on inane speculation without being "value shamed". I'm never selling my LOTR, so I don't even remotely care about it's value. I do care about misleading threads like this one and stupid speculation that keeps people from just going out and enjoying a super-common easy-to-buy game like LOTR. Even if I did sell it, I've enjoyed it for 8 years and wouldn't lose a dime on the $3400 it cost me. If you factor in the LOTR I got for $500 & sold for $2800, I really only have $1100 into my LOTR.

Quoted from Taygeta:

I own a SM and think a VE is possible for it. Any Stern fetching over $5000 on the used market is viable. My machine might drop up to $1000 or more in value if it comes to pass. Do you find me bitching and moaning at every chance to try and convince people that it ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT HAPPEN (and you should *nudge* *nudge* make me an OFFER ON MINE)? No. But I am not in this hobby as an investment or for my livelihood. If you chose to get out of the stock market and bank on pins, I'm sorry.

SMve will not happen. Just look at it logically. IM had about 1000 units made and it was past $6k...heading toward 7. It's also the cheapest game Stern's ever built. Totally made sense to make a new run. SM had probably close to 5000 units made, it's easy to find and $5k isn't that wacky these days. Raimi SM is old news, demand isn't strong enough for the game or that version of the license, and I don't think Sony would renew it anyway, considering the character is about to be rebooted again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 18.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotrlord-of-the-rings-vault-edition-confirmed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.