IMG_6527_(resized).PNG
IMG_6530_(resized).PNG
IMG_6524_(resized).PNG
IMG_6528_(resized).PNG
IMG_6526_(resized).PNG
IMG_6525_(resized).PNG
IMG_6522_(resized).PNG
20160218_000938_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorbak86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago

There may be a timing requirement in the code, too, requiring the spinner and the magnet to trip within microseconds of each other. So if you're testing manually with the glass off, make sure to trip both switches as close together as possible. For example, flip the spinner with your left hand and feed the ball to the ring with your right hand at approximately the same time.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from B_DUB_311:

Ok Pinsider's, I've done everything at this point. I even called Stern and I still cant "DESTROY THIS RING". I've attached images below. I did have video but the post wont upload video's just pictures. So, all switches are very much working (see attached) #42 #47 and #48. Also they all register points when the DTR mode is active (see attached). Called Stern and talked with their technician Chaze and he also said it is usually always switch #48. However, knowing I told him it was triggering he told me "do a factory reset if all else fails, sometimes the new roms don't take if you don't" Ok, so I did all of the above and still the ring cannot be destroyed.

Switch #42 (Inner Loop) doesn't have anything to do with the final shot on DTR. Switch #42 registers a successful Gandolf shot above the playfield at the very end (top) of the inner orbit, just above and to the left of the O-R-C rollover switches.

The only switches that matter for the final shot on DTR are #52 (Spinner), #47 (Ring Made), and #48 (Back Trough), so if Switch #47 and Switch #48 are working, you need to focus on Switch #52 (Spinner).

LOTR_Switch_Matrix_Grid_(resized).jpgLOTR_Switch_Matrix_Grid_(resized).jpg

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from B_DUB_311:

» YouTube video
» YouTube video
Ok, here are the video's to give you a more clear look.

Your Spinner switch isn't wired correctly. If the machine is in Switch Test mode, when you spin the Spinner by hand, the DMD should confirm that Switch #52 (Spinner) is activated, NOT Switch #42 (Inner Loop).

Reach down and pull up on the Inner Loop switch, and see if the DMD shows Switch #42 (Inner Loop) is activating? If it's another switch (e.g., #52), then something probably got cross-wired during prior maintenance.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from B_DUB_311:

Thank you guys so much for your help. I will not be sleeping tonight till I get to actually destroy this ring for real! Ha Ha.
Much appreciated pinsiders. You are both scholars and gentlemen.

Congrats! Now go destroy that ring!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
€ 7.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.95
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorbak86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotrdestroy-the-ring-not-working?tu=razorbak86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.