68%
  • Hobbit 46 votes
    32%

(143 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

main-qimg-24f6311999a4c78dd7fecf630c7ecf1d (resized).jpeg
1482385016-36d15w (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elvishasleft.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

And yet I read a post yesterday that claims "The Hobbit is slow". I honestly don't even know how you come up with that conclusion. The ball speed and game play are certainly not slow. Maybe they had the front legs jacked all the way up.

Yah this.... in general what I found over the years is the people that complain the loudest about the way games play are the worst at setting them up.

Any game will play like crap if its not setup right or has other issues.

That being said LOTR is one of the all time great games, maybe top 5 for me.. Hobbit wouldnt be in my top 50.

same with the movies.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

The Hobbit movies stretched a book that was less than 1/3 the length of the Lord of the Rings series into an embarrassment. Legolas in the Hobbit? The white orc? Random creations by Jackson. So many other examples. A love story between an elf and a dwarf? Mon Dieu. Jackson clearly felt emboldened by the success of the Rings trilogy movies to put his "stamp" on the Hobbit. Colossal mistake. Or money grab. Whatever.
Don't equate the two. LOTR film series was well done, though also altered from the source material, and not for the better. Hobbit is a disgrace. I am a huge JRR Tolkien fan. I can't watch the Hobbit movies.

I dont know the details like this.. all I know is I love the LOTR movies and could barely watch the CGI nightmare that was the Hobbit movies.

I was alternately annoyed and bored... I think I made it through them though probably because I was watching in 3D so at least that part was cool.

As far as the pins go... I always found jersey jack to be going after the "I want my pinballs to look like an xmas tree and be stuffed with toys" market so its more about looks and stuff then playability.

LOTR is an all time great players pin but kind fugly.. Hobbit is neato to look at.

Only JJP I thought played more like a players pin to date was Wonka.. could just be because its not a widebody.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Most any game can be configured to play hard for short ball times. I think to fully enjoy games like LOTR and the Hobbit you want longer ball times. Sort of like playing an RPG video game versus a shooter.

Yah this... I had my LOTR setup tough with outlanes wide open etc.

It was way harder but also way less fun.

Same with games like Monster Bash.. you can make them play tougher but then they lose their appeal.

Not every game is meant to be a ballbuster.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elvishasleft.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-vs-the-hobbit-1?tu=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.