68%
  • Hobbit 46 votes
    32%

(143 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

main-qimg-24f6311999a4c78dd7fecf630c7ecf1d (resized).jpeg
1482385016-36d15w (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WizardsCastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I know this decision has been had many times in the past, but I wanted to ask the question now that Hobbit code is completed.

What games is better in terms of enjoyment, code, and gameplay.

Obviously, Hobbit has more tech and LCD screens, so let's just rate this by the enjoyment of actually playing through it and trying to beat the game.

So... LOTR or TH?

#23 3 years ago

I currently have an LOTR and it's possibly my favorite game of all time because I think they did a great job making you feel like you're part of some adventure.

If TH does that too, I think I'm going to really enjoy it.

How difficult is it to beat the game? What is the final wizard mode like?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#55 3 years ago

I don't personally see the point of setting up games to be difficult if you're a casual player. I personally set everything to exactly 6.5, and keep posts exactly where they were installed at the factory. I reuse to even change rubber, because it changes the intended feel of the game.

I just got a Deadpool, and I beat it 3 times in the first week. I have no desire to remove posts to make it harder.

To each their own, but I think as Chuck said, the rules are deep, so the game must play long.

LOTR and Hobbit are not half hour sitcoms

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I generally agree although I will sometimes move posts in to eliminate side drains until I get better at the game....also most factory rubbers are kinda shitty so I tend to change those over time.

I guess that's the luxury of owning these at home. We get to decide exactly how we want the games to look and play.

It's just for me personally, I like everything stock. Again, totally personal.

One more thing I've been curious about in the LOTR vs TH discussion... What game is tougher to beat (reach wizard mode)?

3 weeks later
#65 3 years ago

I've had my Hobbit for a couple of weeks now, played all the mini wizards and beat Smaug, and it's still LOTR for me by far for the win.

However, I think it's really hard to compare because they're such different games. The only thing they have in common for me is that they both capture the feeling of being in an adventure better than any other games I've seen.

I think in the end, I just like the shots, codes and overall experience of LOTR.

But the video and audio in Hobbit are second to none. The music that plays during Smaug MB is absolutely epic, and the sequence after you land the kill shot on him is just pure pinball magic.

Although it's LOTR for me, you really can't go wrong with either. Really enjoying both of them!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WizardsCastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-vs-the-hobbit-1?tu=WizardsCastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.