“Which”

• Keep STTNG 22 votes
    38%
  • Go for HUO LOTR LE @ $1.4k extra 27 votes
    47%
  • Get NIB ST: PRO @ $700 extra 9 votes
    16%

(58 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Galdaien.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Currently have a STTNG and was contemplating letting it go for either a LOTR LE or a ST: PRO, but not quite convinced on the whole situation. Took me awhile to really appreciate STTNG, but now that I am familiar with the layout etc. I think it's great.

Had a few games on a ST: PRO and even less on LOTR but they are all games I consider "amazing" and have wanted a LOTR since I started collecting. But I Love the Ritchie layout, and think the ST:PRO would be a fast blast with the narrow body and the similar layout of STTNG that I like. I recently came across a good lead on a HUO LOTR LE as well as a ST:PRO.

My Options:

Keep STTNG
Axe STTNG and get HUO LOTR LE for $1.4k extra
Axe STTNG and get ST: PRO for roughly $700 extra

These offers may not last very long, that's why I'm looking for any opinions/suggestions. Thanks!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Value wise, this is the way to go. STTNG is a $3,500 game (yes I own one), that would have you into a LOTR LE for $5,900. That's a really good deal for an HUO LE I think.

That is more of what I was leaning towards at the moment...

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I know this wasn't a option but I think you should sell STTNG AND sell me RBION then buy ST Premium.
Honestly though, I didn't like the Pro as much as the LE/Premium and LOTR I wouldn't pay more to get the "LE".
BUT...if you're getting a deal that you find acceptable, I would recommend LOTR. It is an amazing game.

Heh, well let me know on that other MET you were talking about and I'll think about RBION trade

LOTR doesn't seem to come up very often for less than $4,700 without someone sniping it. I can get into the LE for a reasonable price and it's documented HUO with under 300 plays so doesn't sound too bad? The main thing I like about the LE is that it has the extra Clear Coat.

ST Pro is kind of fading from my options here... now mostly trying to decide to keep the STTNG or go for the LOTR:LE... I guess if I went with the LOTR now I can always sell the LOTR (or something else) and get a STTNG back eventually if I miss it...

#24 10 years ago

Great input so far everyone, thanks! Seems like the poll is just about even with STTNG and the LOTR

#33 10 years ago

Bittersweet, but the STTNG is sold and am aiming for the LOTR!

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, they made a bunch of them, so when you are tired of LOTR, you can always get another.

Yep, I plan on getting another STTNG or a ST in the not-so-distant future. Just couldn't pass up the LOTR... Now I just have to make sure I can still get it (LOTR)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Galdaien.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-vs-sttng-vs-st-pro?tu=Galdaien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.