6%

(109 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
GoT_Dragon.jpg
img_1684.jpg
LOTR_BACKGLASS_50.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

Seriously? LOTR is Stern's best pin EVER! It's the sum of the parts guys. Deep code. Great art. Callouts from the actors. Modes like There and Back Again...Destroy the Ring...come on. What mode does GOT have that gets your blood boiling? Also LOTR is a 2003 pin...GOT comes out 12 years later and where's the innovation? Damn upper playfield is not nearly as cool as Balrog.

Look, I know GOT is the pin everyone is ass kissing right now. But you have to judge it in 2015 terms. They spent 2 years making it, delivered FUGLY art and no original / innovative shots. How are people in love with this pin? It's so average considering how much time Stern spent making it.

LOTR is a classic that has stood the test of time. In a year, nobody will care about GOT.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I am with you, I think LOTR is one of the greatest games ever made and I love your passion for the game. But c'mon..........LOTR great art? Ummmmmm no. And I don't understand the I ovation thing and the 12 years you keep bringing up? In 12 years stern went to a metal backbox, slanted DMD area to reduce playfield glare, board mounted LEDs from incandescents, the spike system from the whitestar, that alone is great innovation. So I don't get what you are saying?

Let me break it down. In 12 years, Stern has gone backwards, not forwards. Seriously, what modern Stern has nearly as much going on it as LOTR and TSPP? And yes, LOTR artwork is MILES ahead of GOT. Miles. I'm just saying GOT came out and it had the same old same old layout. The upper playfield is HUGE and kills the flow of the pro. Those that say it doesn't are just fooling themselves. But what really puts LOTR ahead of GOT is theme integration. When you look at the LOTR playfield, you feel like you are in Middle Earth and inside the journey. GOT? It's the worse playfield integration of all time. Yes, all time. What a huge letdown. People keep justifying it, but come on, a bunch of cogs and sand? How lame.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

There's no ass kissing here. Wait until you put 15-20 games in a row on this machine. You will be wired if you have a really good game. The House modes and "combined" House modes are brilliant. With the fan layout, the balance of shots from each flipper is really good unlike Kiss for example. It seriously feels like LOTR on crack.

Dude, you are smoking the crack. GOT better than LOTR? Explain. What's so brilliant about the pin? I can't even get over the ugly playfield and lack of immersion with the theme.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

GOT LE is sterns fault, not Ritchie's. But I do feel the rules should be similar to lotr's, but it would need the excellent toys lotr brings.
LOTR all the way here. And I love GOT, and do not like the lotr movies. GOT is just so underwhelming. And the crap art on top and you just get so upset that the GOT pin came out to be toilet.

Exactly. This two year in the making pin is so underwhelming. The only praising it are dudes buying it as a means to justify their purchase. Seriously. 2 years in production and this is the best they could do? A bunch of ugly shields and rainbow lights. Really feels like the GOT universe...not.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I disagree completely on theme integration. The sound and lighting on GOT is amazing. For example, when "winter is coming" starts on got, the lighting completely changes to a very dark setting with the music and it very cool. Black water multi starts "The Hound" form GoT yells Blackwater Multiball!! It's awesome. Now I agree the some of the colored LEDs are crazy bright and don't necessarily belong but the theme integration is solid.

How can you argue that the skittles light show in GOT fits the theme at all? Seriously? It's over the top and ridiculous considering the them. And no MODE in GOT will ever compete with..."TO WAR!!!!!!"

#34 8 years ago

I agree I am too harsh on GOT. Just my favorite show and wanted one so badly. I just cannot see the reason to get one. It's a fun pin, but nothing about seems overly innovative or magical. We all expected more with a 2 year development time. But hey enjoy it, that's all that matters. Just don't say its better than LOTR. That's just inane.

#61 8 years ago

This thread should be called: Too Early To Tell Predictions! First someone predicts GOT LE is better than LOTR. Now people are saying Hobbit is better than both. We're all dumb.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-vs-gotle-which-is-better?tu=kaneda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.