• 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dookski
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NotSoFast (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dookski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 6 years ago

Sometimes it seems like everyone here only plays at home. When my local bar had LOTR there was nothing like buying a beer and then playing 50 minutes of pinball for a buck. I've never done that on GOT, and I the only time I had fun playing GOT was doing a partner game where we each had a flipper. I keep giving it a try, but GOT has never made me smile like I do when Saruman calls out my multiball or when the Ents break the dam or even Gimli telling me his axe is mine. The multiballs are not clunky, they flow and feel great.

I will keep playing GOT like I'll play most things available and try to get better, but it's not really for me. Also I remember playing a pro for the first time and it tripped me out not having the dragon up there, thought I was going crazy. It's kinda weird when versions are that different.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

In the last year, both locations in my area closed. Thry were both proper locations. One of them always got the latest Stern games. The other would get some newer Sterns, but specialized in different era pins. Both were great places to play, and both are gone because of other people. For one, the rent was going through the roof. For the other, the building was sold for the land it sat on.
The only LOTR I know of on location is at least a 4 hour drive away (NYC). So yes, I play mine in my game room.

Sorry that's a bummer. I don't know what's it's like for most people but I'd guess they have to play out in the world because machines are mad expensive. Maybe driving eight hours to play something tips the scale towards ownership. Not trying to hate on owners but I always have more fun playing on location. My beef with GOT is it's not that fun on location not knowing what your choices do- LOTR is pretty easy to figure out even though there is a lot to chip away at.
I'm lucky too because there are many places to play where I live.

#78 6 years ago

Sounds like a fun trip!

I'm gonna watch that PAPA GOT video again and figure that game out... Maybe I'll change my mind...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 18.95
$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dookski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-vs-got?tu=dookski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.