• 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dookski
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NotSoFast (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 6 years ago

I've said in a bunch of different threads over the years that LOTR is one of the best games ever made. Very few come close. I owned GOT Pro for almost 1.5 years, but it moved on. A fine game, but it didn't come close to the greatness of LOTR.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

LOTR is on the old hardware system so they will have to port the code or do some kind of emulator system to make it work newer hardware.

AC/DC Vault is on SAM. Stern could have 1000 Whitestar boardsets made by writing a check. No porting, no emulators, no new work.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've had too many insanely long games that made me not want to hit start again for a long time.

Quoted from Dynadan:

But the game times are going to be long, every time

I've never understood why any of this is a knock against LOTR. Yes, games are longer. But the rule set fits that. When I play my LOTR, yes, it's usually 1 or 2 games and I'm done. But they are exquisite. I'm trying to complete modes, or destroy the ring, or (the best call in pinball)... "Supperrrrr Jackpottt Oh ho ho ho" at the end of Two Towers. And another great one... "A gift from the Elves". It's good stuff.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

Sometimes it seems like everyone here only plays at home.

In the last year, both locations in my area closed. Thry were both proper locations. One of them always got the latest Stern games. The other would get some newer Sterns, but specialized in different era pins. Both were great places to play, and both are gone because of other people. For one, the rent was going through the roof. For the other, the building was sold for the land it sat on.

The only LOTR I know of on location is at least a 4 hour drive away (NYC). So yes, I play mine in my game room.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

Maybe driving eight hours to play something tips the scale towards ownership. Not trying to hate on owners but I always have more fun playing on location.

When WOZ was coming out, I drove down to NYC to play it at Two Bits. Of course that turned into a visit to Reciprocal, Amsterdam, a burger at Brindle (yum!), and some bar that had a 24 and a Transformers Pro near there. Location pinball is great when you can find it. But it is usually a vocation of the heart by someone that loves pins putting them out there. If I lived in NYC I'd probably only own a couple games, and the rest of my play would be out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-vs-got?tu=DaveH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.