New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 81758)

LOTR, TSPP, WH2O

By wannabewiz

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which would you buy”

• Lord of The Rings 28 votes
    57%
  • The Simpsons Pinball Party 7 votes
    14%
  • White Water 14 votes
    29%

(49 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 6 years ago

Only room for 1 or 2 more. These are on my "short list". Which would you buy?
I currently have the following in order of preference. TZ, TS, JD.

Please don't say all three......I am happily married!

#2 6 years ago

I'm assuming that WW2O is supposed to be WH2O (White Water). I would go for that. I also like Bally/Williams games more than Sterns. YMMV.

Derek

#3 6 years ago

WH20 is more fun to play then the LOTR and TSPP.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from dmklunk:

I'm assuming that WW2O is supposed to be WH2O (White Water). I would go for that. I also like Bally/Williams games more than Sterns. YMMV.
Derek

Yep. Fixed it. Txs

#5 6 years ago

Lord of the Rings by a mile.

#7 6 years ago

Lord of the rings easy #1, then TSPP, WH20 last

#8 6 years ago

I don't understand the love for white water. The music is terrible. Owned the game and sold it in 4 months.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

The music is terrible.

I respectfully disagree. The music is awesome!

#10 6 years ago

White Water has a very different feel than the other two. I like my LOTR more than WH20, but to round out your collection I would say WH20.

#11 6 years ago

no comparison, get either lotr or TSPP, whichever you can find in good condition first.

#12 6 years ago

I agree the music is great. Love the progression as you get closer to wet Willies. I however love LOTR.

#13 6 years ago

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I like TSPP the best. Super deep game.

But With your lineup which has three mode oriented games I would go with wh20 because it plays a lot different than the other ones.

#14 6 years ago

LOTR...Really Deep, Awesome Quotes, Great Art, Always a challenge

#15 6 years ago

owned both, still with WH20. While LOTR is a mile deeper it just does not have the play feel as the Williams/Bally machines

#16 6 years ago

LOTR One pin to rule them all!

#17 6 years ago

between my brother and me we have (2) lord of the rings, (1) simpson's pinball party and (1) whitewater

as you can see, Lord of the Rings is the favorite of the three. then i have the simpson's at my house and he has the whitewater at his house.

#18 6 years ago

LOTR LE was my first pin and its never going anywhere. It has the whole package.

Just picked up a WH20 and its great too. Different and unique. WC is right, the feel of the Bally/Williams is just better, smoother, more solid. Much more so than the 4 Sterns I have, as much as I like them though there is a noticeable difference for the worse.

#19 6 years ago

Of the 12 games that I've sold/traded, WH2O and LOTR are probably the two pins I miss the most. They are both excellent games in their own way. I like TSPP a lot as well, but I've never owned one, so I don't have the same connection to it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside