You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160213_100941164_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160213_100336955_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160317_161830039_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I picked up this routed Lord of the Rings which has an excellent playfield. I did some basic maintenance on it including changing the blue bumper that divides the left orbit with the left ramp. After doing so, I began playing the game as usual. I realized that when the blue bumper was hit the bracket that was holding it was moving. I was bummed that I damaged this great Playfield. So I contacted Cliffy to see if there was anything he could do. He created me this protector to cover the existing damage and prevent future damage. I just wanted to give Cliffy a public thank you for all that he does for the pinball community.

IMG_20160317_161830039_(resized).jpgIMG_20160317_161830039_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160213_100336955_(resized).jpgIMG_20160213_100336955_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160213_100941164_(resized).jpgIMG_20160213_100941164_(resized).jpg

#3 8 years ago

I'm happy that it worked out well for you strummy- looks pretty good too! Thanks for trusting me to come up with a fix

#4 8 years ago

After all of the great protectors I already have on my machines? How could I not trust you? Almost looks like the damage never happened. Thanks again!

#5 8 years ago

Strummy, thanks for posting this.

Awesome work, Cliffy. The playfield damage under the Blue Nub of Death has been bothering me for quite a while. PM sent.

#6 8 years ago

I need one of those !!!!!!

#7 8 years ago

I need one as well. My playfield is great but that one wear spot.

#8 8 years ago

I could use one as well.

#9 8 years ago

I'm glad that some others might benefit from this.

3 months later
#10 7 years ago

Good to know there's a protector for this. I'm think I'm down for one. Is this available on Cliffy's site?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Good to know there's a protector for this. I'm think I'm down for one. Is this available on Cliffy's site?

Not yet, apparently. I just checked his website.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

Just send Cliffy a Private Message ("PM") here on Pinside, and he'll respond quickly. Click on his avatar in Post #3 above in this thread, and you'll find the PM option.

That's how I bought mine. He made it by hand, even before setting up laser cutting for a larger run. This is one of the simplest Cliffy protectors available, so it's very reasonably priced. It's just a flat piece (no bends) with a single hole for the bolt to pass through and some sticky material on the back. It's an excellent value, but I'll let him discuss the pricing directly, since its not yet listed on his website.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Not yet, apparently. I just checked his website.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm
Just send Cliffy a Private Message ("PM") here on Pinside, and he'll respond quickly. Click on his avatar in Post #3 above in this thread, and you'll find the PM option.
That's how I bought mine. He made it by hand, even before setting up laser cutting for a larger run. This is one of the simplest Cliffy protectors available, so it's very reasonably priced. It's just a flat piece (no bends) with a single hole for the bolt to pass through and some sticky material on the back. It's an excellent value, but I'll let him discuss the pricing directly, since its not yet listed on his website.

Thank you, I'll contact him whenever I have the time.

#13 7 years ago

not on site yet. just too darned swamp to add things to my webs Email me [email protected]

1 year later
#14 5 years ago

Bump! Every LOTR should have this cliffy installed!

1 week later
#15 5 years ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Bump! Every LOTR should have this cliffy installed!

I really do need to add this piece to the LOTR page, ugh
I will say the only reason this is needed is because that orbit ball guide is left hanging in space, unsupported. There should be a stud through the playfield at the ends of ANY ball guide. A stud there would prevent flexing and digging into the playfield. This is also a problem on Ghostbusters but on that game it can easily be fixed by spacing the guide upwards with a washer under the stud mount and I show how to do this on my GB page. I HIGHLY recommend every GB owner perform this simple fix the minute they get their game. Damage will occur within 50 plays otherwise.
Now, Williams/Bally and Gottlieb/Premier always put washers under stud mounts on their ball guides. Prevention is the best medicine. Check your games ball guides and get washers under those studs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Baton Rouge, LA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 25.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-thanks-for-the-fix-cliffy?hl=ruzeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.