shireP1-1.jpg
shire_top.jpg
shire_side.jpg
shire_bare.jpg
DSC08685.JPG
DSC08684.JPG
DSC08683.JPG
LOTR_Shire_Protector2.jpg
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Thank you Cliffy......I'll be one of the first to buy one.

#52 11 years ago

Nice job Cliffy!

#53 11 years ago

Put me down for one too Cliffy!
To bad I just ordered your other 2 protectors for this game...I should have been more patient!!

Kyle

#54 11 years ago

nice work cliffy, you should start a new thread with this.

hope you got a lot ready, those will sell fast!

#55 11 years ago

My LOTR protectors just arrived Friday and it looks like I have another to buy. Nice job Cliff! - Barry

#56 11 years ago

Sweeeeet!
Sign me up for beta testing Cliffy!

#57 11 years ago

Hey now Cliffy, does the OP get to order the first one to roll off the assembly line?

#58 11 years ago

I'm in for all 3 of the LOTR protectors, a new updated Tron one to replace the v1 I have now, and a TSPP one. Please let me know when I can place an order Cliff.

#59 11 years ago

I am in cliff.Let me know when i can order one.

#60 11 years ago

Please sign me up for one.

#61 11 years ago

Yeeaaaah, protect my shire! I'm in.

#62 11 years ago

I want a shire protector too.

QSS

#63 11 years ago

Looks great, I'm in!

#64 11 years ago

Yup- I'll take one. Also need the other two for LOTR as well. Just waiting to get them all at once.

Cliff, you have us all holding our breath!!

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Hey now Cliffy, does the OP get to order the first one to roll off the assembly line?

Absolutely!

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Sign me up for beta testing Cliffy!

I think I already had you down as a potential tester, Nim, from emails waaaay back. Was planning to send one for you to fit this weekend.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Please sign me up for one

Please email me at [email protected] so I can better track who wants what. PM's not good for handling orders

#68 11 years ago

Looking forward to it as well!!! (wouldn't mind testing)

#69 11 years ago

Add me for one. Who is selling the green felt? I like that for the shire .

#70 11 years ago

I got mine installed tonight. I had to modify it a tad as the side against the wall was hitting the vuk scoop. Just cut off about 1/4 inch. Also put in my shire target sticker and a cliffy green post. My pinbits shire protector just fits as well. My pf has no wear but I figure better safe than sorry.

Thanks again Cliff! - Barry

IMG_9233.JPGIMG_9233.JPG

#71 11 years ago

I bought one of Jay's 'cliffy's' (a 'Jiffy'?) for the shire on my HUO LOTR. Perfect solution. And the green felt finishes off the look very nicely.

#72 11 years ago

Where can I get one? Jays or Cliffy, I need something.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Where can I get one? Jays or Cliffy, I need something.

Quoted from Cliffy:

Please email me at [email protected] so I can better track who wants what. PM's not good for handling orders

#74 11 years ago

I think Cliffy is backlogged right now. I emailed him about a week ago, but still no response on the shire protector. Just email him, and be patient.

#75 11 years ago

The hobbits are giving two thumbs up for the Shire Protector!

Happy_Hobbits.jpgHappy_Hobbits.jpg

#76 11 years ago

It seems (in my case) that the portion of the shire that tends to wear the most is the upper edge directly under the shire target from ball impacts. I'm interested to know whether Cliff's solution protects that specific area from impact damage.

I was hoping to see a curved lip on the protector extending into the shire dugout for this area (or around the entire piece), but maybe this isn't necessary or feasible?

Barry/Cliff -- any thoughts on this?

*EDIT* After reading through the post and seeing that Cliffy had posted pics of the proto, there is a lip on the inside edges of the protector.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

It seems (in my case) that the portion of the shire that tends to wear the most is the upper edge directly under the shire target from ball impacts. I'm interested to know whether Cliff's solution protects that specific area from impact damage.
I was hoping to see a curved lip on the protector extending into the shire dugout for this area (or around the entire piece), but maybe this isn't necessary or feasible?
Barry/Cliff -- any thoughts on this?

That is the place my wear was the worst as well and motivated me to design a shire protector in the first place. Both Cliffy's design and mine should protect this area very well. I think the primary differences between Cliffy's design and mine are that Cliffy's requires no adhesive but requires removal of the Arwen plastic and shire VUK. My version does use adhesive but does not require the removal of anything on the playfield. Both designs have advantages and I think it is up to individual choice as to which you prefer.

I do have a handful of my version 2 stainless steel design (posted earlier in this thread) available. If you prefer that version PM me and I can send you one.

I'm also working on a version 3 that is made from brass. It is slightly thicker to compensate for the fact that brass is a softer material, but so far it is holding up very well in testing.

-Jay

#78 11 years ago

The CLIFFY does have a small adhesive strip on the side by the wall near the vuk. I didn't remove the vuk at all to install it as I don't think it woul fit under it well so I cut a bit off

To install I loosened the left ramp, removed the arwen plastic, removed the screw holding the guide rail, removed 1 post, removed the small plastic, rubber and clear post under the vuk and installed the CLIFFY. Reverse to assemble

Barry

#79 11 years ago

Are either of these designs compatible with the pinbits plastic protector for the drop area? After looking more closely at both options, the lips appear to fit flush against the bottom surface. Clearly these protectors would not fit "on top" of the plastic protector so my question is whether the lips are thin enough to allow the plastic protector to squeeze "inside" the protector.

Worst case scenario I guess you could shave the edges of the plastic protector down to fit.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Are either of these designs compatible with the pinbits plastic protector for the drop area? After looking more closely at both options, the lips appear to fit flush against the bottom surface. Clearly these protectors would not fit "on top" of the plastic protector so my question is whether the lips are thin enough to allow the plastic protector to squeeze "inside" the protector.
Worst case scenario I guess you could shave the edges of the plastic protector down to fit.

Yes, mine just fit and its actually a better fit. Before the CLIFFY it would fall out if I lifted the playfiled, now it's nice and snug. Barry

#81 11 years ago

Do you know if they fit with the new POTD exit ramp mod?

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

Do you know if they fit with the new POTD exit ramp mod?

I haven't seen it so I don't know. Are there pics available? I have the POTD deflector that sends the ball to the habitrail about 80% of the time. - Barry

#84 11 years ago

Looks like it would fit. It may require a small amount of trimming the plastic around the bottom. That protector looks bulky in the pics. How does it look in person? - Barry

#85 11 years ago

These gonna be available on website?

#86 11 years ago

Thanks Cliffy!!!

lotr-cliffy.jpglotr-cliffy.jpg

3 months later
#87 10 years ago

Hi!

How does one remove this post?

I am in the middle of installing the cliffy protector for the shire, but this post is nailed to the playfield with a T-nut when one looks the underside on the playfield and I cannot get this post to move.

Is there some special tool removed or how in earth is this done?

Thanks for any help!

Shire.jpgShire.jpg

#88 10 years ago

Just use a small socket on the hex nut you circled in your picture and turn it counter clock wise and that removes the post.

QSS

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Is there some special tool removed or how in earth is this done?

I believe I just used a small wrench to turn it, I dont remember if there was a locking nut on that post (i dont think so) Perhaps your t-nut is spinning?

#90 10 years ago

I'm glad this thread got bumped. I didn't even know these were available. Will it fit on an LE? Cliffy mentioned something on his site about there being a problem on games with heavy clear, and I believe the LE has more clear than a regular LOTR. Also, will it work in conjunction with the Pinbits shire protectort?

#91 10 years ago

Small wrench did the trick! Thanks for your help!

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

Ebay link
This is the "new and improved" version that I have.

A cliffy fan here, but I do like that protector in your link.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 7.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-shire-protector-available/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.