Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DeathHimself
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Does LOTR usually have black rubber on all 3 posts in the outlane area? Obviously, it's adjustable, but did it have it originally from the factory?

image_(resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

Yes. All have the rubbers on the posts.

#3 3 years ago

My LE did not have a ring on the post between the inlanes/outlanes when it shipped. I don't know why but I have seen several people with NIB LOTR that did not have those rubber rings from the factory. I believe the owner's manual says there is supposed to be one so I put them on and it plays better that way and does not beat the balls up.

EDIT: Just checked and part 14 on page 68 of the owner's manual specs a 7/16" OD black ring.

#4 3 years ago

Another question. My machine apparently has CPU VER: 6.00 and DISP VER: A6.00. It appears that I don't have the adjustment to turn Destroy the Ring into a one ball setting. I don't think I can successfully knock the first ball out of the magnet. Before I waste time trying to get to Valinor, I should get this fixed. I've been reading the bulletins, but I'm confused. Do I need to buy and install new ROMs before updating code? When I download the LOTR code, it unzips the downloaded file into a bunch of documents, but no .bin file shows up. Ideas about where I should start? Thanks in advance for your help.

#5 3 years ago

Yes you need the 10.0 rom set. You probably don't even have a ball saver option.

#6 3 years ago

You'll need CPU ROM ver. 10.02 if you are ever thinking about going with a shaker, and display ROM ver 10.0. In addition you should check the White Star OS version that might have to be updated as well. There is sound issues that many LOTR's experience with OS 4 , I think 8 is the latest OS version.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb157.pdf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 219.99
$ 399.95
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
5,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
San Ramon, CA
$ 39.50
$ 1,000.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, OH
$ 50.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside