View topic image gallery

IMG20160720125110_(resized).jpg
IMG20160720125043_(resized).jpg
IMG20160720125023_(resized).jpg
IMG20160720125008_(resized).jpg
IMG20160720114811_(resized).jpg
lotr_(resized).jpg
ArwenPlastic_(resized).PNG
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

I wonder how many LOTR still might need this? I am now the legitimate third owner of this design after purchasing it from Scott. I have taken the hand drawings and modeled it up and can now get it produced fairly easily. I haven't quoted it yet, but thought I would start gauging interest for a run.

ArwenPlastic_(resized).PNGArwenPlastic_(resized).PNG

#3 8 years ago

I cut a small lexan piece to shield the arwen plastic on my old LOTR, that worked pretty nice too

#4 8 years ago

I bought the plastic protectors set and put Arwen UNDER plastics protector instead of protector under. Worked well.
I'm sure there would be a lot still that would need this Mike.

#5 8 years ago

This was in my machine it looks the same ...
It is the best mod to protect the Arwen plastic ...

lotr_(resized).jpglotr_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago

Great to see these moving ahead Mike . Your 3-D drawings make my paper hand drawings look like cave art

One thing to check . Just looking at your 3-D drawing , not sure if it was noted on my drawings or not but there possibly should be a small chamfer on the corner of the base piece ( other end to the large cut off corner ) . The timber cut out of the playfield has a slight radius so might need some clearance . Apologies if it's not on the original drawings .

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I bought the plastic protectors set and put Arwen UNDER plastics protector instead of protector under. Worked well.

Yes bud & still looks minty fresh

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Great to see these moving ahead Mike . Your 3-D drawings make my paper hand drawings look like cave art
One thing to check . Just looking at your 3-D drawing , not sure if it was noted on my drawings or not but there possibly should be a small chamfer on the corner of the base piece ( other end to the large cut off corner ) . The timber cut out of the playfield has a slight radius so might need some clearance . Apologies if it's not on the original drawings .

Hey Scott. Thanks for the heads up. I'm printing a prototype this week to double check, so anything like this will get ironed out.

#9 8 years ago

I am interested. Send a PM when available.

Eckhard

#10 8 years ago

Anyone have the Arwen image so I can create an unbroken plastic that needs protecting first?

Will this interfere with Shire Cliffy, or does it go over alright?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Should be alright. But I will add it to the double-check list.

#12 8 years ago

I'd be interested in this, let me know when it is available.

#13 8 years ago

Man I wanted one of these BAD when I had a LOTR and couldn't ever get one. I had to settle for the "Arwen Sandwich"....which worked, but wasn't really the most elegant solution. Real glad to see this one coming back..I may buy one just to hold on to it for when I get a LOTR back.

#14 8 years ago

Nice. I'll take one.

RM

#15 8 years ago

Depending on the price, I am interested. I have a plastic protector in the divot already along with the shire protector. I hope this can stack with those. It will let me remove the upper plastic from Arwen that I have protecting the topside of it.

#16 8 years ago

very interested. I am in for one .

#17 8 years ago

I'm interested as well

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I cut a small lexan piece to shield the arwen plastic on my old LOTR, that worked pretty nice too

I did that too, with a piece of foam-rubber (the type normally used for standup targets) between the lexan and arwen plastic on the side.
Works perfectly.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Anyone have the Arwen image so I can create an unbroken plastic that needs protecting first?

Works and fits perfectly with the Cliffy Shire protector . I have both installed on my game . I also have the Shire decal as well .

Little Shop of Games had the Arwen plastics available .

3 weeks later
#20 7 years ago

I'm interested.

Please send me a quote with shipping.

#21 7 years ago

I'm also interested - please keep me posted!

#22 7 years ago

Add me to the list

#24 7 years ago

I'm interested as well

#25 7 years ago

I'd be interested too.

#26 7 years ago

A bit of tweaking to do, and changing plastics fabricator. First one turned out to be a bit slow. Got a better one now. Couple of weeks should have a few to go.

#27 7 years ago

I would be interested as well.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

A bit of tweaking to do, and changing plastics fabricator. First one turned out to be a bit slow. Got a better one now. Couple of weeks should have a few to go.

Any idea yet on price?

2 weeks later
#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Any update on this?

Will be next week. The update that is

#31 7 years ago

Interested. (That's 3 of us in the UK, thinking of combined postage?)

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Interested. (That's 3 of us in the UK, thinking of combined postage?)

Just checking you got me included in the 3 there mate!

#33 7 years ago

Aye, yourself, Archytas and me (that's if it works out cheaper to send all to one uk address then redistribute - only 1 potential import hit etc.)

Only a suggestion for now!

Saying that, do we get hit for goods from Australia? I may be talking shite.

#35 7 years ago

Aye, yourself, Archytas and me (that's if it works out cheaper to send all to one uk address then redistribute - only 1 potential import hit etc.)
Only a suggestion for now!
Saying that, do we get hit for goods from Australia? I may be talking shite.

Yeah we get charged import fees, but it's the daft handling charge that makes up the biggest. Would be thinking its better to take 1 hit and redistribute.

#36 7 years ago

Also interested. Please add me to the list.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Yeah we get charged import fees, but it's the daft handling charge that makes up the biggest. Would be thinking its better to take 1 hit and redistribute.

I'm up for that, split the import fee 3 ways (or more if there are more people from the UK) and then yeah, send them on to each buyer.

#38 7 years ago

I will take one too. Thanks

#39 7 years ago

I plan on keeping some stock. Thanks for indicating interest here. There will be plenty to go round.
I'm meeting with a new plastics guy today. Hopefully they have me a proto by early next week and production a week after that.

1 week later
#41 7 years ago

These are being run now. They will be A$40 = US$29 = EUR26 = GBP20. A sample needs to come back for final fit testing, then they will go up at the website. Probably late next week if the sample is ok.
www.redshiftled.com.au

#42 7 years ago

Will this fit/work in conjunction with a cliffy in the same spot?

#43 7 years ago

Will this fit/work in conjunction with a cliffy in the same spot?

Given the tight fit of the Cliffy, and the clearances I have put in, it should be good to go. I will make sure on the test fitting of the first sample.

2 weeks later
#44 7 years ago

Time Bandit - any news regarding the protector?

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Time Bandit - any news regarding the protector?

I have the test version in my machine. The fabricators actually messed it up a bit. I have tweaked the model and resent it to them. I am meeting them again on Wednesday to discuss the critical dimensions and show them where they can't mess up. They have all the material ready to go so I would imagine sometime next week I will have final product.

#46 7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking forward to your message regarding the finalization and ready to go!

1 week later
#48 7 years ago

I'd be in for one if the price is reasonable.

#49 7 years ago

I'll probably be in for one.

#50 7 years ago

Shopping out a game now that could use it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 18.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
€ 7.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-resurrection-of-the-improved-arwen-plastic-protector/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.