8EECA5D5-2A1C-46AE-839F-EC1186F8455E (resized).jpeg
24B67399-27D2-4C0F-9213-B6B5AAED24A2 (resized).jpeg
DSC02528 (resized).JPG
DSC02525 (resized).JPG
DSC02527 (resized).JPG
DSC02526 (resized).JPG
DSC02524 (resized).JPG
DSC02523 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinW89:

When I put the backbox up and down, I accidentally pinched some of the wires. Do you think this could be causing the issue?

Yes. Where does that connector belong? Should be a Letter and number on the board where it plugs in.

#13 6 years ago

To be sure I understand you, this pin came on and you could play a game before you picked it up last night. You hauled it home, put the legs on, and when you stood up the backbox pinched some wires. After moving the pinched wires you turned on the pin and some lights come on but you get no sound as if the game is booting and nothing on the display, just completely blank?

You have a multi-meter, do you have a manual? Page DR. 1 shows all the fuses and their location on the various boards. With game on if you can safely check F8 & F9 for 12v DC and F23 for 5v DC do so.

For future pictures may I suggest removing the fluorescent light bulb and setting your camera to maximum resolution? If we can see focused shots and read the labels on the boards we can better assist you.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinW89:

I'm gonna try my local auto store and buy several replacement fuses.

You'll want fuses rated for 250v. Auto parts stores often only have 32v rated fuses which will work but can spark when they blow. Home Depot or Lowes will most likely have 250v rated fuses of the amperage values you need.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You have a multi-meter, do you have a manual? Page DR. 1 shows all the fuses and their location on the various boards. With game on if you can safely check F8 & F9 for 12v DC and F23 for 5v DC do so.

Your board needs 12v and 5v to boot and run properly. Do you have those voltages present?

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinW89:

I took each of the fuses out and tested them for resistance and I get this reading on F23 but no reading on the others.

Your meter is set to check DC voltage. When you check resistance on your fuses you need to turn the dial to what I've circled. The Arrow points to the Ohms symbol.

Correctsetting (resized).pngCorrectsetting (resized).png

Edit: Also, when testing for 12v and 5v you need to move the dial one click clockwise to 20. In the photo it's set to 2000mv, which is too low.
Don't get discouraged We all started somewhere. We'll help you get it going again.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from OU182:

I replaced the three AA batteries on mine today. How do I secure them with tywrap to the circuit board?

As noted at the link PinballManiac40 provided, installing the NVRAM doesn't require soldering on your Lord of the Rings
You only need to note the orientation of U212 (pictured at the link), CAREFULLY remove it, then CAREFULLY push the NVRAM into the now empty socket.

You don't even need a chip puller - but it's helpful. Don't use a metal screwdriver, you could gouge the board. Popsicle stick works in a pinch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.50
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-repair?tu=yeoldpinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.