Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by lb1
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 152 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago

Ballrog has a super-bright red 24V double led strip inside that's connected to the standard flasher.

The right tower has a standard 12V led strip and a double blue 24V led strip that's connected to the coil.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

The left side of the the center ramp entrance got hit pretty bad. The metal had mushroomed. I grinded the whole thing and drilled two holes. Once the ramp comes back from plating I might add some rubber protector.

Stern had released service bulletin 154 to prevent this from happening, looking at your ramp and playfield pictures, it appears this upgrade kit was never installed. http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb154.pdf

The post upgrade kit Pinball Life has is a superior to the one Stern released in the service bulletin, and I would highly recommend getting this. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1045

#103 2 years ago

This is absolutely amazing! I want to customize all my games like this.

#104 2 years ago

More fine tuning…

The small cabinet hardware pieces that keep the playfield centered when lowered made it hard to have the playfield all the way down. I had to push and I first couldn’t figure out what was going on. I thought maybe I had a wire or cable stuck somewhere in the back. It turns out that with the extra felt on the side, the clearance is tight. I decided to turn these upside down. Problem solved.

Second, the rear wire harnesses. It always bugs me to have the back panel rub against the wiring, particularly with the LOTR, which has quite a bit going on in the back. I used some of these guys to make sure that the hardness are right against the cabinet back wall - amazon.com link »

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

#105 2 years ago

Flipper area lighting. Brass bar with a small RGB led strip and some zip ties. I went for purple but can easily change the color. What do you guys think?

I added a couple of small pieces of Mylar to avoid damage to the ball through drop area. Hard to see with the purple lighting but it’s there.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#106 2 years ago

Next, I had to shave off the bottom of the additional lights I added above the return lanes. They were hitting the ball.

image (resized).jpeg

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Stern had released service bulletin 154 to prevent this from happening, looking at your ramp and playfield pictures, it appears this upgrade kit was never installed. http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb154.pdf
The post upgrade kit Pinball Life has is a superior to the one Stern released in the service bulletin, and I would highly recommend getting this. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1045

That's good to know. Thanks for the heads-up.

Are there any options to get a reinforced Palantir target frame? Same as the slot machine target on TZ?

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I love a lot of the small details, like the brass acorn nuts holding the front plastic to the Shire! Very nice.

BTW, I made this change as much for cosmetic reason as to be able to replace the plastic more easily if it broke, or add a plastic protector. Rivets are good for ramps, not so much there.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

BTW, I made this change as much for cosmetic reason as to be able to replace the plastic more easily if it broke, or add a plastic protector. Rivets are good for ramps, not so much there.

Agreed. I think it's brilliant, from both a cosmetic and maintenance perspective. In fact, I just bought some acorn nuts at the hardware store this week to do the exact same thing. Thanks for the inspiration!

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Agreed. I think it's brilliant, from both a cosmetic and maintenance perspective. In fact, I just bought some acorn nuts at the hardware store this week to do the exact same thing. Thanks for the inspiration!

You'll need to find machine screws with the smallest head you can find that fits to avoid having the screw heads interfere with the ball path.
I should have taken pictures. I had to try a few to get the right fit.

#111 2 years ago

I like the purple FWIW! Enjoying this thread.

1 month later
#112 2 years ago

There were a few things I needed to finish.

Install left wire form protector and convert original protector. Install custom shooter rod.

Now it's done.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#113 2 years ago

Absolutely amazing!

#114 2 years ago

Thanks! LOTR is a gorgeous game.

The figurines used in the game and how they are mounted on polycarbonate inspired me to add a few things to my POTC. It's borderline too much and I originally felt it I should take a few out but I eventually got used to them.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside