palantir (resized).jpg
20180419_231407 (resized).jpg
20180419_231444 (resized).jpg
20180419_231500 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180509_021423.jpg
IMG_20180509_005414.jpg
20180508_212003.jpg
IMG_20180504_133942.jpg

There are 645 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
#601 5 years ago

$150 for the V1 and $200 for the V2 with the fader is what Jay charged for them.

2 weeks later
#602 5 years ago

I'll take 1 if your making them now

#603 5 years ago

wouldn't we all

Quoted from Djsandoz:

I'll take 1 if your making them now

2 weeks later
#604 5 years ago

if making them please contact me --i'll take one

1 week later
#605 5 years ago

I might be in for one as well . Please pm me if you are doing a run

#606 5 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

I might be in for one as well . Please pm me if you are doing a run

Might? God man commit!
They were running 225 shipped if I remember. I think I recall parts were getting hard to source. Could be wrong.

#607 5 years ago

I've been waiting since September.

#608 5 years ago

Parts are less than 30dollars, just a pain in the ass to make as you can see by my failed attempts on the previous page. The 30mm glass spheres even come with the red base on ebay for like 4 dollars each. the bracket is 10, and the led and led mount is like 5. Its just a matter of getting the right angle with an eye of sauron picture. Then get a bright single led most likely needing to be diffused a little and glue them all together. I am an electronics guy not a crafts person so I am sure somebody can make one of these successfully.

#609 5 years ago

Who is going to Pinburgh/ReplayFX??

I've got another V6 that is ready and I also found a V5 from the "vault". I will bring them both.

The V5 has the mirroring (so the eye mostly disappears when it isn't lit). This is my favorite looking version of the Palantir, although it isn't as durable as the V6 Valinor. Both have the fader modules. First person person to find me gets their choice of which one they want (only one Palantir though per person)

-Jay

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

Who is going to Pinburgh/ReplayFX??
I've got another V6 that is ready and I also found a V5 from the "vault". I will bring them both.
The V5 has the mirroring (so the eye mostly disappears when it isn't lit). This is my favorite looking version of the Palantir, although it isn't as durable as the V6 Valinor. Both have the fader modules. First person person to find me gets their choice of which one they want (only one Palantir though per person)
-Jay

What will you be wearing? I’ll be there.

1 month later
#611 5 years ago

Would like to get one of the mods Jay, do you know when there will be another batch?

Thanks!

#612 5 years ago

I’ll have 3

#613 5 years ago

I still want one!

#614 5 years ago

Pm me if your selling 1

#615 5 years ago

PM sent. Definitely want one.

#616 5 years ago

pleaee PM me if ur selling any more or to put me list...Thanks alot

#617 5 years ago

Put me on the list please or maybe post a tutorial if you don't have time to make them. I'm sure a lot of people would be very grateful...

#618 5 years ago

Please pm me also -- i would love to be able to get one

#619 5 years ago

I guess throw me on a list as well

#620 5 years ago

id take one

#621 5 years ago

For posterity...would love to get on any waiting list that may exist

#622 5 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot:

Would like to get one of the mods Jay, do you know when there will be another batch?
Thanks!

Quoted from BSavage:

I still want one!

Quoted from Djsandoz:

Pm me if your selling 1

Quoted from mmuglia:

PM sent. Definitely want one.

Quoted from RichieWrench:

pleaee PM me if ur selling any more or to put me list...Thanks alot

Quoted from jsyjay:

Put me on the list please or maybe post a tutorial if you don't have time to make them. I'm sure a lot of people would be very grateful...

Quoted from challanger1128:

Please pm me also -- i would love to be able to get one

Quoted from simplykind:

I guess throw me on a list as well

Quoted from voltron88x:

For posterity...would love to get on any waiting list that may exist

The best thing to do is Check his webpage, daily, weekly. About every 6 months or so he will list 6-10 with no fanfare or prior notice. It's how the last couple batches have been sold, over the past year. Several of us got lucky. By the time a post is made here, they can all vanish. To date I haven't seen any hoarders, he may to only allow 1 purchase at a time.
Good luck gang.

#623 5 years ago

Haven’t tried it myself but apparently there are services that will alertt you when a website changes/updates. Might be worth giving one of those a try.

#624 5 years ago

Pm sent a little while back: me (twenty) too please!

#625 5 years ago

I’ll take 2. One for me and a friend, if you’ll make some more. Please do!

#626 5 years ago

I'm planning to have a small batch ready and available on Saturday October 13th at the White Rose Gameroom show in York, PA. Please come out and help support this event and our pinball community! I will be in the IFPA tournament area all day but these will be available first come, first served. More details are available on the website www.theyorkshow.com, Facebook page www.facebook.com/theyorkshow/ and various threads here on Pinside.

Thanks!
-Jay

#627 5 years ago

Sooo anyone going to the York show and want to scoop one of these up for me? Would be greatly appreciated! Shoot me a pm if you are headed to the show. Thanks.

#628 5 years ago

I'd also be happy to PayPal anyone that can pick one up for me at the show.

1 week later
#629 5 years ago
Quoted from T2F14:

Me too. My Eye Palantir mod broke in half. I'm trying to 2 part epoxy back together. Anyone have any luck putting one of these back together? Or does anyone have one of these for sale?

[quoted image][quoted image]

all you need is the same size globe and base and some epoxy, that's a easy fix. you can reuse the light part, just cut around light fixture with razorblade, remove broken glass,buy new globe (same size) and reglue!

3 months later
#630 5 years ago

I would like one too if you still have any. LMK!

3 weeks later
#631 5 years ago

[deleted]

#632 5 years ago

I would like one of these. Any plans on making a few more in the near future?

#633 5 years ago

Jay I am in for another when you make these again. I think I had your original a loooong time ago.

#634 5 years ago

I would 1 if you ever make them again.

#635 5 years ago

You can add me to the list jay,
if you have the time and willing to make these again.

#636 5 years ago

There's no list, and no point in asking to be added to it. This post describes the situation well:

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The best thing to do is Check his webpage, daily, weekly. About every 6 months or so he will list 6-10 with no fanfare or prior notice. It's how the last couple batches have been sold, over the past year. Several of us got lucky. By the time a post is made here, they can all vanish. To date I haven't seen any hoarders, he may to only allow 1 purchase at a time.
Good luck gang.

[EDIT] That said, his website also appears to be down, so who knows what the plan will be for distributing these in the future.

3 weeks later
#637 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Haven’t tried it myself but apparently there are services that will alertt you when a website changes/updates. Might be worth giving one of those a try.

https://changetower.com/ Used this about a year ago to get notified when Jay puts them up for sale

#638 5 years ago

Been trying to get one for over a year and just about gave up on it. Glad there is someone else making them now. Looks like my wait is almost over.

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Been trying to get one for over a year and just about gave up on it. Glad there is someone else making them now. Looks like my wait is almost over.

Who is making them now?

#640 5 years ago

Normally I wouldn’t post a competitor’s product in a thread like this, but since it’s not clear that jrobinso99 will be making these again:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/palantir-eye-of-sauron-crystal-sphere-mod-for-stern-lotr#post-4894907

[@jrobinso99, if you see this post and don’t care for it just shoot me a PM and I’ll scrub it,
I don’t want to crap on your thread if you plan to sell more of these some day]

5 months later
#641 4 years ago

Hi Jay, if you're not too sick of making these yet, I would really like one - please add me to the list. Cheers, Phil

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from Navig8R:

Hi Jay, if you're not too sick of making these yet, I would really like one - please add me to the list. Cheers, Phil

I had one of Jays.... Needed another and couldn't get a hold of him. Try this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/palantir-eye-of-sauron-crystal-sphere-mod-for-stern-lotr

2 weeks later
#643 4 years ago

There is one of these on Ebay.

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

There is one of these on Ebay.

For how much? Used?

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

For how much? Used?

New, Sold for $275 shipped.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
There are 645 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-projected-eye-palantir-mod/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.