(Topic ID: 2346)

LOTR problems

By sulli10

13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

I have a 6 month old LOTR. Just failed the VUK switch. Also saw a post about the Belrog switch ( which is also acting up) and wondered before i start ordering parts ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD BE GETTING PREPARED FOR? Thanks to all for your great responses to my questions.

#2 13 years ago

The fuse for the magnet goes sometimes, so a supply of new fuses.

#3 13 years ago

My Gimli VuK sometimes stops working unless I restart the machine. Only problem I have had so far but I guess it is only a matter of time. I ordered another switch just in case.

#4 13 years ago

My magnet fuse has blown twice, wonder if other owners have had the same prob..

#5 13 years ago

i forgot that my ring fuse has also gone once. Considering how crazy the machine goes sometimes maybe not a suprise

#6 13 years ago

I did have it blow once when it was new but hasn't happened since. My guess is that fuse was old and flaky.

#7 13 years ago

Magnet fuse is a common problem. Here in the UK, we are advised to put a 4 amp fuse instead of 3 amp which is not enough to cope.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.