• Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3437.jpg
IMG_0571[1].JPG
IMG_0569[1].JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akumazeto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I had received this "MOD" as people call it. It was for a customers machine. Let me start out by saying this probably wont be popular because its a honest review not a sandbagging nut swinging review.

First impressions out of the box. FUGLY. Its 4x the size of the original and well not really to scale. I guess if balrog wanted to use it he could but in all honesty its to big for his hands too. Coming in 3cm larger than a golf ball o_o.

Installation was a snap only needing to remove the 2 nuts that hold down the habitrail.

Ok lets get on to how it looks. TERRIBLE!!! dimly lit and poor reflections from the inner socket can be seen from all angles. Is it on? is it off. I cant tell at all. Oh wait ahhh it is on...

I coin up a game(let me state right now this unit has a shaker) Game is going like it always does LONG AND DRAWN OUT. I plow threw the MB modes and on threw destroy the ring. I plunk the final shot and knock the ball out of ring. Game goes nuts cats run for the hills etc. WTF my magic 8 ball just got BORKED. GOLLUMS winkle pelvic thrusted it off its stand WHAT THE DUECE!

The orb of poo fell off its mount. sigh the ass loads of glue that held this unit together has fallen and cracked apart. SIGH. Right out of earl shibe macco and stern pinballs no prep book. The globe was not scuffed before glue nor was the base.

In the end I super glued the POS back together and wrapped the game to go to its owner at MGC.

Final thoughts. Dont waste your money on this POS get some leds and action figures and mount them on your game.

The picture makes it look 100x brighter than it actually is. Yes it is lit in picture. Squint real hard and have someone smack you in head and you will see it.

IMG_0569[1].JPGIMG_0569[1].JPG IMG_0571[1].JPGIMG_0571[1].JPG

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not put all caps in threader heads.

#17 11 years ago

Please re read my post i didnt order this it was given to me to install for a customer. Contact Roger0043. MY review stands.

Quoted from jrobinso99:

AkumaZeto, I believe you were sent a replacement, although I'm not positive because you appear to be using a different name to post this review than the name you used to purchase it. If you were not sent a replacement let me know and I can either send you the new design or refund your money. I'm offering a full "no questions asked" refund to anyone who isn't completely satisfied with this mod and it sounds like you are not.

#20 11 years ago

I dont know what i am reviewing it stands on the product that i installed. There could be 5 of them since i dont care. He doesnt even know what VERSION i have. i dont care either. this is what happens. He want to refund or replace to roger thats great. The product I installed was a POS. end of my story. Please drive threw.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't think Akuma knows which version he is reviewing because he did not buy the mod.

Nothing this bad should have ever left someones hand period. Something this shoddy should never have shipped.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Well, you need to wait and see, I think.

I will not alter the post. It does not matter what version it is. Its shoddy craftsmanship and should have never been shipped. Its now up to the seller and roger to rectify his part on his machine I am not gonna change my post or comment again. I reviewed a product that I had in my hand and that was shipped as quality product. I reviewed it like i would any quality product that i would purchase or have shipped to me. If the seller rectify it GREAT he is a greta guy Lots of mods popping up these days and i have plenty here to review and give my opinion about. Shoddy airbrushed toppers are next.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 7.50
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 18.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akumazeto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-palantir-mod-a-honest-review?tu=akumazeto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.