(Topic ID: 91073)

LOTR orbit post #13...what activates it?

By VolunteerPin

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

This is the post which stops the ball from making it all the way around the orbit and instead goes into the VUK for the Path of the Dead.

It seems to activate randomly but I'm guessing there is something that triggers it. Also, my post works but often when during gameplay the ball may graze the post or something but the post doesn't slow the ball enough to have it drop into the VUK.

The reason I ask is that oftentimes during a game I find it hard to get the ball up to the POTD and almost always start the fellowship and two towers mb's way earlier and easier than RotK.

#2 9 years ago

Right inlane switch, access path of the dead, written on the pf

Edit--- I added a cliffy rubber post sleeve to make it deflect the ball better. Its too narrow as is.

#3 9 years ago

Right inlane -> left loop. Also in principle works on the right loop, but that's pretty flaky.

Also the War of the Ents mode.

2 weeks later
#4 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Right inlane switch, access path of the dead, written on the pf
Edit--- I added a cliffy rubber post sleeve to make it deflect the ball better. Its too narrow as is.

I just tried putting a Cliffy on mine but it was too wide and would not allow the post to pop up. Too bad as I've been thinking about doing this solution for the last 2 weeks but just got around to it tonight...unsuccessfully.

Also, weirdly, I can't find it written on the playfield. Perhaps I'm blind.

It make me wonder how much mine gets activated if I hit either orbit shot it pretty much always goes around or hits the tower. Another strange thing is that this is my 2nd LOTR and the first one I had numerous scores in the 300 million but this one my grand champ score is only 78 million. I've put a lot of the choices on "easy" in the menu but I still suck.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I just tried putting a Cliffy on mine but it was too wide and would not allow the post to pop up. Too bad as I've been thinking about doing this solution for the last 2 weeks but just got around to it tonight...unsuccessfully.

I tried a bunch of different post sleeves that I had, it ended up being a blue colored one that worked best, I believe I razored off a little of it to make it a shorter height. The ones that didnt work were too fat, needs to be a slim one.

Dont give up, its well worth it to make that post function better.

edit---the "access path of the dead" is just to the upper right of the right flipper where the ball rolls to feed the flipper, maybe yours doesnt have it? That would be odd...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 7.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-orbit-post-13what-activates-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.